**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thank you for the action taken by Kabam on bot and merc

ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/291101/tos-violator-action-report#latest

This is meaningful for grinders who put real effort in 3-day grinding work. Thanks for the action taken.

Comments

• hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Wow, that's really great to hear.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    This is very sensible and good move. Really appreciate it
  • DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,567 ★★★★
    Great work! So proud of you kabam! This also means that I can now compete with safety in mind!
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    This is really good news. Whilst I'm not likely to be affected by this given my roster, it's good for the overall health of the game. Good stuff :)
  • JtJ10JtJ10 Posts: 124
    Yeah this is great. I have been affected more than once so really happy about this. Great work kabam. 👍
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    this is good. I just want accounts and devices that previously Merced to go down. All accounts in that device. Like when they did during 7.2 legend ban
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    It's a fantastic and much welcomed decision.
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,073 ★★★★
    1700+ rounds from number 2 and 1400 from number 1.

Even at 2 minutes for each set of 3 fights plus reselection, that is 56.6 hours unbroken play. Just tried the first 4 fights (running full suicides, using 4/40s) and it took 7 mins 41 seconds.

These bots aren't using 4/40s or suicides. So they aren't doing it that fast.

@Kabam Miike it really is a brilliant effort from kabam to try and cut down on the cheating, but they seem to be unstoppable!!
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    It is a great move indeed, and I hope it's about permanent bans.
  • Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★
    Very much appreciated, thank you Kabam
  • bm3eppsbm3epps Posts: 1,146 ★★★

That's great news!

And it'll be even better news if that means I finally got a 6* doom! 😂

But regardless, I feel like not only bot accounts should be permanently banned, but any associated IP addresses from other accounts as well.

lol..you didn't get him the first time..the first Doom arena numbers were significantly low that I hated myself for not going for him. I didn't even try for the second arena, because I knew the numbers would be way higher after folks saw the first scores.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I’m fascinated by the sheer number of accounts of ill intent that just got removed from the gifting event. So much botter frustration this weekend!!!
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    bm3epps said:

That's great news!

And it'll be even better news if that means I finally got a 6* doom! 😂

But regardless, I feel like not only bot accounts should be permanently banned, but any associated IP addresses from other accounts as well.

lol..you didn't get him the first time..the first Doom arena numbers were significantly low that I hated myself for not going for him. I didn't even try for the second arena, because I knew the numbers would be way higher after folks saw the first scores.
    I anticipated the same, but missed the cutoff by about 2m. My first time ever trying for a feature champ and my thumbs are still sore.
  • CatmanndoCatmanndo Posts: 738 ★★★
    edited December 2021
    Huge win, well played Kabam!

Hopefully these bans are permanent!
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Okizze said:

It means nothing if the ban isn’t permanent. It took 6 months for kabam to take action so these accounts will be back in a week doing it for another 6 months.

6 months?... More like 7 years... Arena bots have been there since day 1...
    Still a big step up
  • Darth_SaintDarth_Saint Posts: 26
    @Kabam Miike This is great news! Will these upcoming adjustments include the initial Shang-Chi arena held back in mid-May? If I’m not mistaken, that was the first official 6-star arena and the bots were running rampant. Thanks!
  • LlessurLlessur Posts: 488 ★★★
    I think this is the best thing that kabam has done all year!
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Llessur said:

I agree , it's crazy that merc's think that they don't belong in the same boat as botters.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Llessur said:

I agree , it's crazy that merc's think that they don't belong in the same boat as botters.
    It's funny seeing mercs complain about modders and botters
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 852 ★★★
    I am very please with this action by Kabam. Us arena grinders are arguably the most dedicated to the game. I appreciate Kabam finally showing us some love and providing us a sense of gratitude by rewarding champs lost to cheating.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

Llessur said:

It's funny seeing mercs complain about modders and botters
    Ikr , like they not part of the problem !
  • 2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 852 ★★★
    In the Gamma Madness Arena (basic for Uncle Hulk) I got rank 46 with 56 million. I truely feel this a result of Kabams action. Again I am thankful for the arena clean up.