**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Last year GGC Drop rates vs this year expectation

This was the last year drop rates..

What changes are you expecting this year?

I guess.. T4B/T4C should be removed completely and should be replaced with T6B/T3A (obviously with low drop rates) and random 6* awakening gem for thronebreaker..

Image credit ::
https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/kh88e3/mcoc_2020_greater_gifting_crystals_drop_rates/

Comments

• TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★
    A few more hours and things about the gifting event will be clear. Let's rest instead of speculating about the drop rates.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,479 ★★★★★

A few more hours and things about the gifting event will be clear. Let's rest instead of speculating about the drop rates.

Right. I’m going to burn the same amount of units from my alt regardless. I’m pretty sure the team isn’t looking attentively at this thread or others (or any, for that matter) and tweaking the GGCs accordingly.

If you’re trying to set expectations, however, @GarrettN makes a fair point above about the universality of the GGCs above.

Dr. Zola
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    I just want a higher chance at the 6 star nexus and 6 star shards.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    GarrettN said:

Maybe remove 5 star shards altogether for TB as well.

The problem is, these same GGC will likely be the same ones your level 40, barely conqueror account will have access to. They’ll not remove the lower tier junk for the players at the end of their games that can’t get rid of T4B and T4CC. It would be great to have a designation but cav players would explode.
    What they could do is open a tb store where you can trade GGC for TB GGC and lock it behind titles. That was everyone gives the same, but what you get can be upgraded.

Wishful thinking I know...
  • ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Personally I think the solo event will be based on progression and that's where Cavs and TB's will get useful rewards.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021
    What they should’ve done is create a crystal between 15 and 300 units, and scale the price and items to progression. The 2019 ggc would probably still be a huge win for sub-uncollected summoners, esp at a 100-150 unit price. Let them get t4 materials to deepen rosters with rare t5. Make the 300 unit crystal available to send if you’re uncollected and up. Let everyone gift.

I know nothing we say here changes anything but I think these two things are worth saying out loud -

1) it stinks that we are 3 hours from the event and I have no idea what’s in these crystals in what amounts with what odds

2) it stinks that we have no idea what to expect for milestones for solo and team gifting.

There are certain things that would’ve enticed me to grind a little harder over the last week or two if we knew they’d be a part of the crystal, notably 6-star AGs. I’m more interested in that than r4 materials, because I’d get an immediate payoff in almost every class. (I’ve been TB since January but my roster isn’t huge. I totally get that the megawhales need r4 mats)
    Honestly I wouldn’t hate t4cc being part of this if it was a selector. I’ll never have enough mutant catalysts.
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,382 ★★★★
    Rillian said:

I wonder how much everyone would pay for one of last years GGCs now…?

Zero dollars. I don't understand why the gifting event is such a big deal. Sure it's great for low level accounts and maybe new cavalier players, but I would not buy anything short of a nexus crystal for 10 dollars, or 300 units that's most likely to be in it. Not to mention at .5% that's 200 crystals or 60,000 units or 2000 dollars. Lol no. Gifting event is a scam.

End game players need t6, t3, 6* sig stones and of course generic ag are nice. The rest might as well be a tier 1 basic catalyst.

Rillian said:

I wonder how much everyone would pay for one of last years GGCs now…?

Zero dollars. I don't understand why the gifting event is such a big deal. Sure it's great for low level accounts and maybe new cavalier players, but I would not buy anything short of a nexus crystal for 10 dollars, or 300 units that's most likely to be in it. Not to mention at .5% that's 200 crystals or 60,000 units or 2000 dollars. Lol no. Gifting event is a scam.

End game players need t6, t3, 6* sig stones and of course generic ag are nice. The rest might as well be a tier 1 basic catalyst.
    You forgot “a crystal that finally guarantees me a Hercules.”
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Well looks like they made the mistake of adding rank 4 materials there.

Great. Now we will see even a bigger gap between P2W players from the rest.

I mean what's the point? F2P can't even get a rank 4 at the moment, yet you went ahead and gave unlimited rank 4 resources for the player's who were already in advantage.

Just a couple more days until someone has 50x rank 4 champions ... this is stupid
  • Hort4Hort4 Posts: 494 ★★★

I mean what's the point? F2P can't even get a rank 4 at the moment, yet you went ahead and gave unlimited rank 4 resources for the player's who were already in advantage.

Just a couple more days until someone has 50x rank 4 champions ... this is stupid

I don't spend much on the game. A little here and there but I have no issue with P2W players that keep the game going to get an advantage. I don't understand how F2P players get upset that the whales actually get something in return for their money.
  • DontsellthemDontsellthem Posts: 762 ★★★
    Hort4 said:

I don't spend much on the game. A little here and there but I have no issue with P2W players that keep the game going to get an advantage. I don't understand how F2P players get upset that the whales actually get something in return for their money.
    I don’t understand how others get upset for those that put in time to win.
    Haven't seen any posts of someone complaining that player X has an unfair advantage because he has more time to spend on the game. Also, their time spent is not paying any salaries of the development team so is meaningless for this conversation.
  • OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Just an FYI on drop rates and the GGCs. We've seen more admin errors than ever this year, I know we can see the rewards for the GGcs from the milestones but I'm really not going to be suprised if the ones we gift are the 2020 version.
    Be careful in 35mins, and be patient if they are wrong.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    Hort4 said:

not paying any salaries of the development team so is meaningless for this conversation.

Using that ideology is just poor argument. These things shouldn't be think or decided based upon that.
    Just because some people pay doesn't mean they are allowed to exploit the game

Hort4 said:

not paying any salaries of the development team so is meaningless for this conversation.

Using that ideology is just poor argument. These things shouldn't be think or decided based upon that.
    Just because some people pay doesn't mean they are allowed to exploit the game
    Don't think they are exploiting the game. Clearly the game is set up for them to spend to make the company profitable. What else do you think Kabam would sell that would generate as much money to keep the game running. It is a business.
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

IcsGrec said:

A 6* AG added at a 0.5% drop rate would be great.
    Same for T6B/T3A

Too high of a chance.
    Well this aged horribly