**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Brian Grant just insinuated he may quit the game over the gifting event.....

Jeremy3186Jeremy3186 Posts: 308 ★★★
Watch the video below and I'm curious of people's thoughts...

he's basically saying they went too far this time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKHWYCqX8kA

Comments

• Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

Skiddy212 said:

Can someone explain to me what changed with gifting this year please? i do not understand and would like too

watch the video.. they basically made all objectives to achieve in this game pay to win for the next 2 weeks.... including things you can't get from just playing.
    Thank you, i will watch
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

We'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks when the event is over because for as many people that are angry with how the rewards are scaled, I'm wondering how many of those people will feel the same way if after this event they've acquired the materials that they couldn't have gotten their hands on in the first place. I'm not trying to be dismissive of Brian's arguments but I am noting that people's opinions usually change when they're lucky enough to hit the jackpot. Like I said, we need to wait and see how this plays out

It’ll be interesting. I just opened more than 50 greater gifting crystals and got maybe fourth or fifth of a T3a and a T6b. Really not very impactful. Admittedly I got almost everything else I could possibly want, including the dupe on 6* NF (so I can use my generic gem on someone else). But if it was somebody trying to keep up with the meta it would’ve been a waste of their time
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★

Are we still pretending that people who play for free should have everything that people who spend have?

People by the end of this event will have 4+ r4 6-stars. Me, thronebreaker and everything 100% except abyss will not even have a single one. I'm not asking for 4 but by the time people are getting fully prestiged out with r4s I should get to have at least one.
    Spending has always been an option in the game. They will always have more than the people who play for free because money saves time. There is NO way to keep up with people who spend. However, spending is not necessary to play. Which is great, considering the fact that spending makes the game possible for those that don't.
    Moreover, Resource will open up more and more as people advance higher up. It's been that way since the game started.
    You are completely ignoring the point. The gap here is massive and I have zero way of earning these things apart from dropping massive amounts of cash. How am I ever supposed to get to high tier aw if the resources I need to get there are only offered through cash? Then by the time they get to me the next resource I need to continue to catchup is only offered through cash? And not a miniscule reasonable amount of it. An unreasonable amount is offered making it nearly impossible to catchup. "Money saves time" if that was all it did that wouldnt be a problem but the money is buying time that isnt even available yet.
    *for now. As I said, they will become more available down the line. Spenders will always have first dibs. Welcome to the game.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★

Are we still pretending that people who play for free should have everything that people who spend have?

People by the end of this event will have 4+ r4 6-stars. Me, thronebreaker and everything 100% except abyss will not even have a single one. I'm not asking for 4 but by the time people are getting fully prestiged out with r4s I should get to have at least one.
    Spending has always been an option in the game. They will always have more than the people who play for free because money saves time. There is NO way to keep up with people who spend. However, spending is not necessary to play. Which is great, considering the fact that spending makes the game possible for those that don't.
    Moreover, Resource will open up more and more as people advance higher up. It's been that way since the game started.
    You are completely ignoring the point. The gap here is massive and I have zero way of earning these things apart from dropping massive amounts of cash. How am I ever supposed to get to high tier aw if the resources I need to get there are only offered through cash? Then by the time they get to me the next resource I need to continue to catchup is only offered through cash? And not a miniscule reasonable amount of it. An unreasonable amount is offered making it nearly impossible to catchup. "Money saves time" if that was all it did that wouldnt be a problem but the money is buying time that isnt even available yet.
    *for now. As I said, they will become more available down the line. Spenders will always have first dibs. Welcome to the game.
    how far "down the line" is fair to you? I'm curious... 6 months? a year? How much of a head start should people paying get from those who do not to be fair to both ends of the spectrum?
    Considering how new R4s are, some time. When R3s were introduced, people weren't Ranking them in mass numbers at first. The same goes with any new Rank.
    People who pay will always have an advantage. I'm aware that BG prides himself in trying to compete with spenders, but the game isn't really designed with that in mind. There is no "us vs. them". It allows people to play both for free, and for pay.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,821 ★★★★★
    This all feels just .. to much. It’s over the top
  • NickMerksNickMerks Posts: 64
    Then you could at least make plans to join/leave an alliance. How are you supposed to position yourself for a mystery event? Just leave ur long time alliance just incase.
  • The problem with the gifting is there is a substantial drop off from ranks to even the the top 10%. Many in the top 10% will be spending big but will literally get a fraction of what the no limit spenders go for. If I dropped a boatload and got the short end of the stick I'd be livid. The drop off in reward tiers shouldn't have gone from 100 at top dawg to say 85 at the last rank to like 50 at top 10%. I think it would have been wise for kabam to recap revenue losses by making this event nutty. Where they messed up is the tier brackets. Heck I think even at the top 50% a tiny sampling of t3a and t6b would have made financial sense to act as a constant reminder of what you should strive for and in their eyes try to buy more. That's the whole point of retailers giving samples. When it takes what 3 of each for a r4 what's 100 shards at 50% standing? But people who just missed the ranks get zip. That's dumber than the trade in store where kabam didn't even put out a financial offer to get more AG. Whoever at Kabam is making these strategic decisions is making a laughable string of poor decisions.

As a f2p player I didn't expect I'd get much of anything and won't be near the top 10%. I have a little over 5k units saved up might be able to get it close to 6k by end of event to spend but that's not much so I'm not talking about what I'm missing out on. If the tiers dropped more gradually for rewards it's doubtful lots of moderate spenders on YouTube would be putting out videos like this because they wouldn't entirely miss the boat.
This discussion has been closed.