**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Brian Grant just insinuated he may quit the game over the gifting event.....

Comments

• StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Rillian said:

It’s a shame that this kind of thing happens, but if we compare this to a more traditional hobby/sport, such as say running; what is the price of entry to the competitive leagues?

What about something more fun, like downhill skiing? How f2p is that? Ok what about… chess?

I want to see Brian grant succeed, but any popular recreation has a price of entry.

The difference with mcoc is this game also has a built in kill switch, with the chase from 4* to 5* to… 7*s. Will we ever get to 40*s? I suppose I hope so…

The game will die either before introducing 7 stars or soon after doing so
    Betcha a hundred GGCs it does not.
    Nah I’m not confident enough in that statement to bet on it lol
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    2StarKing said:

Every year players deem the Gifting Event game breaking because it changes the game meta. Every year, we the players support the gifting event.

My reality is the top 300 spots have almost zero impact on my game play and my alliance. Matter fact I'm starting to hoard units now. I plan to have 120,000 unit for next year's event. Arena here I come.

Is it even possible to grind out 120K units in a year?
  • I both dislike and enjoy the event. I dislike it because I'm not always strong in the ways of rng and I usually don't save enough units for it. But I enjoy it because it tops me off or provides me with more resources to use for ranking or crystal oppenning. The only thing I don't like about it is how it is filled with scam and scandals each year, which kabam normally takes to account the next year. I never worry about the top rewards because it isn't for free to play or minimum spenders. I will say. This event had and always be a spenders and luck event. The gap between f2p /small spenders and whales is that, a gap, and it will always be a gap that will shift periodically but never be close to eachother. At least for long. I will say I disagree with the top rewards this year and think they are promoting r4s a little fast. We all knew they were coming but the rewards up there are just filthy...but this event is the one time of year where everyone has a chance at getting some good loot, while also hating the event simultaneously
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    I personally feel that the point BG is trying to make is that Kabam is, even more so than the past, making whales and big spenders the priority. I am TB, have been for 8 months, and I have have 1.5 t6b and not even 1 t3a. If I wanted to, which I don’t, be in a top alliance, what chance do I have? Zero. Someone like BG has no chance of competing with this pay to win event, because that is what it is, and he very could lose his place in 4Loki. Is that going to happen? No. But if that alliance leader decides to push for top 10 AQ, then BG gets replaced… why? Because he didn’t spend $1000 or more on gifting to get r4 or at least some sig 200 r3?

That is the whole point of his video. I am a BG fan. The reason so is that he doesn’t talk about tier lists, makes ftp or minimal spenders feel like they have they chance to compete with those that do, and it seems is just a good guy. He plays the game well, has great MCOC knowledge (albeit almost no actual Marvel knowledge), and is a GREAT voice for the community as a whole. For someone who has generally stood by Kabam, unlike Seatin and KT etc…, this is a major slap in the face to him. For the record , I 100% agree with Seatins latest video. But for BG and others, this event is a middle finger unless you are willing to drop a few thousand dollars on it. For those that disagree, let me know in 6 weeks how your former top 20 alliance is doing now. Or better yet,when you don’t have multiple r4 6* to maintain that top 20 position, let me know how you’re doing in 6 weeks. Adding Weapon Flex in this pay to win crystal is just more of slap in the face to those that did actual legends runs. Don’t even get me started on the “Abyss Nexus”….
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,673 ★★★★★

I personally feel that the point BG is trying to make is that Kabam is, even more so than the past, making whales and big spenders the priority. I am TB, have been for 8 months, and I have have 1.5 t6b and not even 1 t3a. If I wanted to, which I don’t, be in a top alliance, what chance do I have? Zero. Someone like BG has no chance of competing with this pay to win event, because that is what it is, and he very could lose his place in 4Loki. Is that going to happen? No. But if that alliance leader decides to push for top 10 AQ, then BG gets replaced… why? Because he didn’t spend $1000 or more on gifting to get r4 or at least some sig 200 r3?

That is the whole point of his video. I am a BG fan. The reason so is that he doesn’t talk about tier lists, makes ftp or minimal spenders feel like they have they chance to compete with those that do, and it seems is just a good guy. He plays the game well, has great MCOC knowledge (albeit almost no actual Marvel knowledge), and is a GREAT voice for the community as a whole. For someone who has generally stood by Kabam, unlike Seatin and KT etc…, this is a major slap in the face to him. For the record , I 100% agree with Seatins latest video. But for BG and others, this event is a middle finger unless you are willing to drop a few thousand dollars on it. For those that disagree, let me know in 6 weeks how your former top 20 alliance is doing now. Or better yet,when you don’t have multiple r4 6* to maintain that top 20 position, let me know how you’re doing in 6 weeks. Adding Weapon Flex in this pay to win crystal is just more of slap in the face to those that did actual legends runs. Don’t even get me started on the “Abyss Nexus”….

I'm sorry but how is adding weapon x a slap in the face? They stated there is to be no more act legends runs. Are you going to say then that having kang and thanos in there is a slap too? Because the only other way to have gotten them previously was, you guessed it, act legend runs.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Rillian said:

It’s a shame that this kind of thing happens, but if we compare this to a more traditional hobby/sport, such as say running; what is the price of entry to the competitive leagues?

What about something more fun, like downhill skiing? How f2p is that? Ok what about… chess?

I want to see Brian grant succeed, but any popular recreation has a price of entry.

The difference with mcoc is this game also has a built in kill switch, with the chase from 4* to 5* to… 7*s. Will we ever get to 40*s? I suppose I hope so…

The game will die either before introducing 7 stars or soon after doing so
    People said the same thing about 6*s. About PB. In fact, this is the longest living corpse in history.
    Why were people picking on Peanut Butter?
    Perfect Block :P
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,737 ★★★★★
    Ebony_Naw said:

Typhoon said:

Opens GGC and gets nothing: they went too far
    Opens GGC and gets 6* AG: this event is great

I’m actually very happy with what I pulled from the GGC I traded. What on earth does that have to do with rank rewards?
    It’s a joke
  • thepiggy said:

OMG, how are you guys offended at an Abyss Nexus for top 30 rank rewards? It has a $15,000-$20,000 price tag and they have no use for it.

The top rank rewards only look good to us peasants, but it's mostly worthless to them, they just want the r4 stuff to use on someone like Surfer. Maybe we can be thankful we don't play at that level, because the higher up the AQ ladder, the more miserable the game usually is.

I don't think the nexus is what people are concerned about
  • laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,382 ★★★★

2StarKing said:

Every year players deem the Gifting Event game breaking because it changes the game meta. Every year, we the players support the gifting event.

My reality is the top 300 spots have almost zero impact on my game play and my alliance. Matter fact I'm starting to hoard units now. I plan to have 120,000 unit for next year's event. Arena here I come.

Is it even possible to grind out 120K units in a year?
    I've gotten extremely lucky on battlechips and grinded 2000 a week, to keep that luck up over 52 weeks? I don't think so no. But then I don't grind all the milestones in the 4*, whatever it's called now. But I do open about 10 or 11 tb arena crystals a week.

I opened 1.4 million battlechips, and only got 750 units a few days ago,, that's 28 crystals. An alliance mate opened 1 crystal at the same time with me and got 1125, so anything is possible.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★

Are we still pretending that people who play for free should have everything that people who spend have?

People by the end of this event will have 4+ r4 6-stars. Me, thronebreaker and everything 100% except abyss will not even have a single one. I'm not asking for 4 but by the time people are getting fully prestiged out with r4s I should get to have at least one.
    Spending has always been an option in the game. They will always have more than the people who play for free because money saves time. There is NO way to keep up with people who spend. However, spending is not necessary to play. Which is great, considering the fact that spending makes the game possible for those that don't.
    Moreover, Resource will open up more and more as people advance higher up. It's been that way since the game started.
    From looking at a couple of different videos from different folks, I think the problem isn't with spending vs not spending (as a low-spender myself, I don't really care about what happens at the top) but rather how much moderate spending + full completion of all available content over a year stacks up vs all-out whaling for two weeks come Christmas. Why should people spend 1000s of dollars each year on the game to try to stay competitive only to see all of that progress get wiped away in an instance when the gifting event comes along and all of the whales can just buy their way to the top?

Sure, we can say that that's just how the game works and that it's how it's supposed to work. However, if we do, we also tell all of those non-whaling (comparatively speaking - some of them sure seem to be whaling from my perspective) players that they might just quit spending. Because if that's just how the game works, then all of the money they spend on the game in order to keep up is for naught. No matter how good they are at the game, no matter how many offers they pick up throughout the year, they won't be able to keep competitive unless they whale out enough to belong to the top 1% once the gifting comes around.

Basically...what's the incentive for them to keep spending? Why would you spend a large amount of money on the game throughout when that won't keep you competitive in the end? If you end up thinking that you're not going to keep up with the whales, you're better off just saving the money that you used to spend to keep being competitive.

If enough people in that position come to the realization that they are better off saving their money, I think that might be a problem.
  • BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★

Are we still pretending that people who play for free should have everything that people who spend have?

People by the end of this event will have 4+ r4 6-stars. Me, thronebreaker and everything 100% except abyss will not even have a single one. I'm not asking for 4 but by the time people are getting fully prestiged out with r4s I should get to have at least one.
    Spending has always been an option in the game. They will always have more than the people who play for free because money saves time. There is NO way to keep up with people who spend. However, spending is not necessary to play. Which is great, considering the fact that spending makes the game possible for those that don't.
    Moreover, Resource will open up more and more as people advance higher up. It's been that way since the game started.
    Show me generic AG out of Abyss
    Show me 3-4 6 star gem, oh wait, it's first of its kind
    Don't contradict your point mate
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★

Show me generic AG out of Abyss
    Show me 3-4 6 star gem, oh wait, it's first of its kind
    Don't contradict your point mate
    That's exactly my point. People are not going to get everything for free that people spend to get. Never have, never will.
This discussion has been closed.