**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Brian Grant just insinuated he may quit the game over the gifting event.....

Comments

• GOTG said:

I remembered in January that people guessed that we would see first rank 4 in one maybe even 2 years, and now we have players with 3 or 4 rank 4 6* lol. You dont know how much money and how fast Kabam wants to squeeze from the game.

I remember during spring cleaning people said we wouldn't see a rank 4 anytime this year. Now we are gonna see some people have nearly 5 of them.
  • Idk why people are surprised. R3 materials aren’t really interesting. I R3 2 champs a month and I’m not a big spender - 4th July £30 and that’s it all year, so if im not bothered about it the whales sure as hell aren’t going to be.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    To be honest, my perspective is live and let live. They wouldn't make it available if it was game-breaking. There are a limited amount of Resources, and a limited prize amount. My guys and I enjoy exchanging Gifts, and we get a few things at the end. If people have more means to go higher, by all means. It's really about sharing at the heart of it. Not greed.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Just my last two cents, pejorative statements about the YouTuber in question here are irrelevant to the discussion. So even are positive statements about him. The thread was started because he has a large subscriber count, and the idea that this might change his view on the game impacts that community of subscribers.

His personal argument about why this R4 situation id a bad thing has to stand on its own merit. Trying to dismiss that argument by attacking the YouTuber is just ad hominem.

I would summarize simply by asking if we think that this R4 situation will force more free to play or budget players out of the top 30 alliances? I feel this is likely to happen, tho I’ve no real idea how many folks that is, and then would have to decide if I think this is a good or bad thing.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    Coppin said:

Lovejoy72 said:

Just my last two cents, pejorative statements about the YouTuber in question here are irrelevant to the discussion. So even are positive statements about him. The thread was started because he has a large subscriber count, and the idea that this might change his view on the game impacts that community of subscribers.

His personal argument about why this R4 situation id a bad thing has to stand on its own merit. Trying to dismiss that argument by attacking the YouTuber is just ad hominem.

I would summarize simply by asking if we think that this R4 situation will force more free to play or budget players out of the top 30 alliances? I feel this is likely to happen, tho I’ve no real idea how many folks that is, and then would have to decide if I think this is a good or bad thing.

Lagacy's take on the situation is a lot healthier.
    And i do understand maybe he is being attacked in a way or another...but he is considered a top if not THE top f2p player... has profit a significant ammount with that trademark...
    I really don't think an F2P player, no matter who he is, should critize the spending habits or prizes for spending of other people.
    I haven’t seen lags video yet, I’ll check it out. TBF, I think he has criticized the design of the event, as well as the design of cavalier crystals, I’ve never heard him criticize anyone for taking advantage of that design
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★
    Coppin said:

I seriously think this is a joke... The top f2p player finally after 7 years realized that whales have a huge advantage? 🤣
    Also i got no idea why he is so upset... He profits from a game that he plays for free...

This not the first time he said something about it.... :D
    Lovejoy72 said:

This was well said , and i believe that it well have a great impact in the weeks to come !
  • Dash855Dash855 Posts: 239
    Didn’t actually watch the video yet but did he mention that they made another trophy champ only meant to be given to the best of the best available as long as you have a few hundred bucks?
  • BimboDanBimboDan Posts: 14
    Mauled said:

He’ll get over it. We’ve got F2P players and minimal spenders in our ally and we’re placing top 90 and P1/Masters, Christ we beat 4Loki this season and all of us have fun. I mean he did that video with Enzo who spends close to 2k/month as a matter of course and it’s people like Enzo that keep the lights on in HQ and keep this game free for Bg to profit off.

F2P players are never going to be the top of the tree because otherwise what motive is there to pay? Ultimately he’s been able to use his good name and ability to keep in an alliance that has moved beyond him for a good year or two and he’s tearing himself up over his prestige every video it’s kind of hard to watch now tbh.

tbf 4loki had very rough season 😅
  • QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    99% of the player base have no reason to be annoyed imo, with the <1% being those who are competing to be the very best needing to spend more and more to do so.

My advice is play for yourself, don't compare yourself to others, don't worry about how the majority of the player base might be leaving you behind, worry about how well you're doing and if you don't enjoy doing something... Don't bloody do it for heaven's sake!! It's a videogame, too many people take it wayyy too seriously, the issue is your attitude not Kabam's game.

Don't mean to preach, just giving my opinion.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Doomflame said:

Typhoon said:

lol like brian grant would actually stop making videos. it's a source of income.

Exactly. Making money off of whining about people who spend money on the game
    Unless he’s got another source of income handy, or another plan for his YouTube channel, he’s not going anywhere.

He’s historically complained about any advantage spenders get, citing it unfair, yet without them he wouldn’t be able to take advantage of the game and earn a source of income because there would be no game.

Again, who cares.
  • OneMast3rOneMast3r Posts: 331 ★★
    ONE person is going to get an amazing reward for spending money, JUST ONE. Who cares?

The person who spends the most will have THE BEST account for a year or more. Big deal, it's one player. You weren't going to be #1 in this game by NOT spending, so who cares.

Brian Grant...
    Play to have fun. Be surprised and excited by what you pull from gifting crystals. Don't worry about status and your standing in the game. Having a profile full of 6* r4s isn't going to put anything tangible in your pocket.

His in a top tier alliance and prestige is like gold , one member can hurt the entire alliance prestige !

• danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

Brian Grant...
    Play to have fun. Be surprised and excited by what you pull from gifting crystals. Don't worry about status and your standing in the game. Having a profile full of 6* r4s isn't going to put anything tangible in your pocket.

His in a top tier alliance and prestige is like gold , one member can hurt the entire alliance prestige !

his value to recruiting is so massive that the prestige hit they take is more than worth it, it's why he's there, and why the rules for him are different
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

Brian Grant...

his value to recruiting is so massive that the prestige hit they take is more than worth it, it's why he's there, and why the rules for him are different
    You mean by existing in the alliance, they have the ability to find higher end players?

That’s because of him and his YouTube channel, and has nothing to do with his prestige or competitive pacing of where he is in the game.

So the reason why he thinks gifting is bad is for what reason?

Again, he’s earning money off of a mobile game by running a YouTube channel around it.

What the top spenders get as rewards has nothing to do with him.

Déjà Vu - who cares - end communication.
  • Qwerty12345Qwerty12345 Posts: 757 ★★★
    I think the same thing was said the last 2 gifting seasons.... yes things were skewed a bit for about 3 months, but reality quickly hit hard that within 3 months, the perks of being at the top were available for a reasonable price, and within 6 months, available to FTP people.

Thus, so long as through things like 7.4/act 7 exploration rewards, spring cleaning, and July 4th... I think you will find many at the top will have several r4s by mid-summer, and probably a full 5-6 by the end of the summer.
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    edited December 2021

Brian Grant...

You mean by existing in the alliance, they have the ability to find higher end players?

That’s because of him and his YouTube channel, and has nothing to do with his prestige or competitive pacing of where he is in the game.

Again, he’s earning money off of a mobile game by running a YouTube channel around it.

If he thought gifting was bad he shouldn't have opened 12 GGC, exactly the right ammount to hit the solo milestones...
    I mean yeah 12ggc (3600 units) ok.. morr BAD!!..
    Yeah they could have been gifted to him for complete free.. or have been traded...
    It would have been more respectable if he says.. "this event is unfair and horrible im grossed out.. i am making a stand to not participate..." But then again he makes a vid opening 12 of them.. ingame gain and video views gain...
    But yeah like i said.. 12 ggc ok.. more BAAAAD!!
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

Brian Grant...

yes, recruiting for them is easier then it is for others because of him, his account sets the alliance back but his presence overall is a net positive, hence him not getting kicked
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★

Explain then please what having a high prestige gets you. Yes... in game a lot. But only in game. Say he increases his individual prestige to above his alliance's average and they place in a higher AQ reward bracket or a higher AW tear and reward bracket. What does that get him or any other 4l0ki member in real life? Will the prestige number feed he and his wife for a month? Will it allow then to put a down payment on a house instead of rent? Will it allow them to retire early?

The answer to the above is no... on all counts. It's a status thing and a thing to compare oneself in a game to player above you. Again, if it all goes away with the new year what do he or 4l0ki players have to show for it? What would you have to show for it? What would I have to show for it? Another rank 3 6* isn't going to feed my 401k if the game stops operating.
    Morally, and logically, you're absolutely right. Within that subsect of Player, that's what matters. Not how I play, but that's what it is nonetheless.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    How have we still not gotten a Kabam response? Or is it on a different Thread?
This discussion has been closed.