**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

OG Cap to get new VFX ahead of potential buff in February?

magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
What do y'all think?

Full patch notes can be found here: https://playcontestofchampions.com/news/v33-2-release-notes/?s=09

Comments

• CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,079 ★★★★
    That's what I was thinking when I saw it. I remember Colossus' animations got updated like a month before his buff went live. Although since in this case he's only getting new vfx and not animations
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    I’m so excited. Tempering expectations but it Cap gets a buff….!!…
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★

This is from last month. What exactly does this do?

When you first start playing the game there's a short motion comic that can't be skipped I think it refers to that but not 100% sure
    Wasn't that already skippable or am I just losing my marbles again?
  • PastorAmericaPastorAmerica Posts: 458 ★★★
    At least I’m getting a new profile pic! Hope those new effects are awesome.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★

@Kabam Miike only confirmed it isn’t for a February buff, nothing about future months though!

More seriously, I’m curious on the rationale behind updating the profile and VFX, was this just something quick the team fancied doing? Or can we expect more OG champs to get a little refresh?
    They probably wanted to make a couple of changes because he and WWII cap have the exact same animations so it might be something to help differentiate them
    H3t3r said:

Sorry to burst the bubble, but I know what happens when we let expectations get too high and then it doesn't amount to what was speculated.

Would you guys every do a champion update roadmap. Similar to how you guys did the 2022 story roadmap that gave hints about possible new champions.
    As much as we would love to have a full rundown of their projected Buffs for the entire year, they're never going to give us that heads up I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that kind of like with Mike pointed out here, if you saw on a list that a Champion was in line to get buffed but they didn't specify what kind of buff it would be and then you start ranking that champion up expecting an overhaul and him to become Beyond god tier and then all the sudden you find out it was only a value only buff and he's still going to be the same, you're going to get mad and demand rank down tickets and then people are going to be yelling out the rooftops about being lied and deceived to, even though Kabam said nothing except this was the list of people we wanted to buff.

@Kabam Miike only confirmed it isn’t for a February buff, nothing about future months though!

More seriously, I’m curious on the rationale behind updating the profile and VFX, was this just something quick the team fancied doing? Or can we expect more OG champs to get a little refresh?
    They probably wanted to make a couple of changes because he and WWII cap have the exact same animations so it might be something to help differentiate them
    Cyclopes?

Iron Man & SIM?

All the deadpool variants?

Spidey OG and Sym Spidey?

Why change only Cap?
    Because it still takes time, they probably figured they can make one or two tweeks to Cap and just call it a day but this is different than wanted to do like a numbers bump or anything else.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

H3t3r said:

Sorry to burst the bubble, but I know what happens when we let expectations get too high and then it doesn't amount to what was speculated.

Would you guys every do a champion update roadmap. Similar to how you guys did the 2022 story roadmap that gave hints about possible new champions.
    if you saw on a list that a Champion was in line to get buffed but they didn't specify what kind of buff it would be and then you start ranking that champion up expecting an overhaul and him to become Beyond god tier and then all the sudden you find out it was only a value only buff and he's still going to be the same
    Just remember that overhaul doesn’t mean they will be better than a tune up. The level of buff doesn’t indicate final product, it simply means how much work is necessary in regards to abilities to get them to a good level of use.

I’m sure you know that already and didn’t mean to imply otherwise, but I just wanted to point that out as we do hear a lot of people claiming it. A tune up could take a champ from the bottom of the heap to the top, like Moleman. And an overhaul could provide a nice bump to a champ like BP OG. Neither one is necessarily a game breaker simply because of the level of buff

H3t3r said:

if you saw on a list that a Champion was in line to get buffed but they didn't specify what kind of buff it would be and then you start ranking that champion up expecting an overhaul and him to become Beyond god tier and then all the sudden you find out it was only a value only buff and he's still going to be the same
    Just remember that overhaul doesn’t mean they will be better than a tune up. The level of buff doesn’t indicate final product, it simply means how much work is necessary in regards to abilities to get them to a good level of use.

I’m sure you know that already and didn’t mean to imply otherwise, but I just wanted to point that out as we do hear a lot of people claiming it. A tune up could take a champ from the bottom of the heap to the top, like Moleman. And an overhaul could provide a nice bump to a champ like BP OG. Neither one is necessarily a game breaker simply because of the level of buff
    I understand where you're coming from and I agree that on certain Champions a tune-up or even a small update to their kit could do wonders for them but if they're not going to give us an in-depth step-by-step detail of how they're going to change their kits and we just saw a name on a list then we go back to my original point which was really about people creating unrealistic expectations and start preemptively ranking of Champions and using up resources and possibly themselves up for disappointment.
  • SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,139 ★★★★

It doesn't explicitly say no, more suggestive.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

At the risk of getting spammed with negative reactions, let me say I am enjoying the increased presence of @Kabam Miike of late in threads like this one—even if the answer isn’t what we might wish.

Stick around and pull up a chair, Miike. We aren’t as bad as everyone says (well, some of us anyway).

Dr. Zola

+1 Agree
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I'm curious about the "second shield" Cap WWII had.

I stopped using him years ago, so I'm surprised this was even noticed.