**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Brian Grant just insinuated he may quit the game over the gifting event.....

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

How have we still not gotten a Kabam response? Or is it on a different Thread?

As it has been pointed out recently, their silence is not an admission of guilt or a slight against the player base, it's simply that they do not have anything to contribute to the conversation. I understood where Brian Grant was coming from and I agree to a point, specifically that rank 3 to rank 4 gems should not have been a thing however at the end of the day, Kabam don't live to serve Brian Grant or any other specific member of the community.
    The problem is that without the gem, the rewards would be worthless to the top whales, so why would they bother spending of they’re getting nothing?
    That's why no matter where this conversation goes, somebody is not going to be happy and they're going to complain conspiracy against them.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

At this point if people actually believe they're going to remove Rewards, that's entirely misguided. For starters, that would be a sheet storm. Secondly, this isn't a situation that's broken. It's the same as saying, if people can't have the same for free, spenders shouldn't have it. That is a contradiction to the purpose of spending. People wouldn't spend to get what they're getting for free. I respect that people feel a certain way about it, but it's an Event that involves spending. Always has been, most likely always will be.

Why would anyone disagree to this? It’s all true
  • CoppinCoppin Posts: 2,601 ★★★★★
    Why would Kabam need to respond to this?
    They are a company with making money as a target...
    I seriously dont understand the point of this post or his video tbh... He constantly is aware that there is a gap between f2p and players who spend...the naive part is thinking that in 6 years that gap would remain the same...
    Its quite obvious if he didnt spend for the 6 years he played.. people who did spend would make the gap larger and larger...
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★

At this point if people actually believe they're going to remove Rewards, that's entirely misguided. For starters, that would be a sheet storm. Secondly, this isn't a situation that's broken. It's the same as saying, if people can't have the same for free, spenders shouldn't have it. That is a contradiction to the purpose of spending. People wouldn't spend to get what they're getting for free. I respect that people feel a certain way about it, but it's an Event that involves spending. Always has been, most likely always will be.

Why would anyone disagree to this? It’s all true
    It's just one disagree. Chill. You aren't new here to be ignorant about disagree spammers

And for someone who keeps repeating they don't care, you seem awful lot invested
    Or perhaps he was is very confused why anyone would give it a disagree. It’s not implausible that someone was genuinely curious of the disagree.

————————-

What BG is saying, is said every year. Gifting always sets the precedent for the new year. It’s always too much to attract the spending.
  • Jmille85Jmille85 Posts: 101

Are we still pretending that people who play for free should have everything that people who spend have?

People by the end of this event will have 4+ r4 6-stars. Me, thronebreaker and everything 100% except abyss will not even have a single one. I'm not asking for 4 but by the time people are getting fully prestiged out with r4s I should get to have at least one.
    Spending has always been an option in the game. They will always have more than the people who play for free because money saves time. There is NO way to keep up with people who spend. However, spending is not necessary to play. Which is great, considering the fact that spending makes the game possible for those that don't.
    Moreover, Resource will open up more and more as people advance higher up. It's been that way since the game started.
    So I spend quite a bit of money on this game but he has a point…There should be a way to work toward the progression of getting a r4 instead of just being able to spend massive amounts of money on one event to instantly get a r4. I would think for 100% 7.3 with the difficulty level of this game by this point should be able to get you more then half a catalyst and alpha if we are gonna have events that hand out a generic r4 6* gem… THAT is the point of this video… Because let’s remember this is a game. Most games there is spending options to help you along the way, however do you honestly think it’s ok that you could 100% every bit of content that is out and not have a r4 6* but someone that spends thousands on ONE event deserves to get a 6* generic 3 to 4 rank up gem? So basically you succeed by having unlimited amounts of money or what’s the point? Why play this game unless your in the 1%?
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★
    Kinda with wilson on this one a little. It is true spenders have to sacrifice a grip or 3 to even get the r4s, and have been doing this for a while to be ahead of the game. Which is all this is really, a game. F2p players shouldn’t be able to get a r4 easy seeing as p2p players pay thousands to get their r4s, but there should be some tough content endgame players can do to gradually take a 6* to r4, and I don’t mean throw true focus and unblockable all over the place. This event definitely puts f2p players far behind in alliance events but it’s really not that big a deal. Rich get richer, and they are the ones funding the game for the f2p players. Maybe 2 years from now f2p players will have their first 6* r5 and a couple r4s and gather those rank ups for free, compared to the thousands p2p players paid now. However it is still a little odd kabam would let p2p players already have the option to have 4 6* r4s when they are relatively new. Took a while for us to even get a 6* r3. Prestige gap is gonna be crazy.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★

As it has been pointed out recently, their silence is not an admission of guilt or a slight against the player base, it's simply that they do not have anything to contribute to the conversation. I understood where Brian Grant was coming from and I agree to a point, specifically that rank 3 to rank 4 gems should not have been a thing however at the end of the day, Kabam don't live to serve Brian Grant or any other specific member of the community.
    The problem is that without the gem, the rewards would be worthless to the top whales, so why would they bother spending of they’re getting nothing?
    Do you think the rewards would be worthless if it were 3 of each t6b and T3A?
  • danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,043 ★★★★★

Do you think the rewards would be worthless if it were 3 of each t6b and T3A?
    That’s the same as the gem (just 1 less t6b)
  • D0ctor_SD0ctor_S Posts: 42
    edited December 2021

Oh boi
    https://youtu.be/oDLbfPrrkEs
    He posted this 30 mins ago

I think he's gone off the deep end with all this.

To qualify my position I'm not super comfortable with folks dropping the equivalent of a family car to chase r4s, but if that's what they want to do it's their prerogative.

I don't believe it's as game breaking as BG is making out. @thepiggy makes some excellent points about its impact, you will have 30 accounts with the chance to have 4+ r4s if they also end up getting top alliance rank rewards and maybe 100-150 accounts who will have a chance at over 3.

That may have an impact on the AQ prestige race but generally it's going to be the same folks who are already miles ahead.

I don't see the rank rewards having any impact on AW, as going off past years the leaderboard has generally been filled with accounts that are not pushing for masters in AW (for myriad reasons) The crystals might but that will mainly be down to some chasing their first R4 getting stupidly lucky

Solo competitive mode doesn't exist yet and unless BG has some inside track on it all we don't know how it's going to play out. It could be gated at 5* for all I know (would be the most profitable option). Its also not a given that it's going to appeal to the same whales chasing rank rewards in gifting.

Overall, unless you are in the prestige chase for AQ or aiming to be on the top 100 leaderboard its not going to change much of anything.

That being said, hopefully Act 7 completion/exploration and some future Everest content (when Covid stops buggering up schedules) gives people the chance to get an R4 or 2 by just playing early next year. I'd prefer to grind for it personally and BG has expressed similar sentiments about not enjoying Diablo when being overpowered or finding MCOC content not challenging.
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    edited December 2021

As for all of this arguing and such I think at the end of the day it just doesn't matter. Kabam is dumb with a lot of things, but they definitely know how to control the "economy" of the game. If they didn't, this mobile game would be long dead instead of 7 years strong after all.

In 3 months time or so, t5cc will become very common. R4 resources will start to become increasingly more available. Most likely at a staggering rate compared to know due to the gifting event rewards. It will all even out in a reasonable amount of time. Kabam is good at this type of stuff guys. I honestly wouldn't worry about this event right know, because at the end of the day it evens out as Kabam has intended it to.

Kabam didn't do this on a whim, they have a plan. And I for one have faith that Kabam has the common sense to not trash their game.
This discussion has been closed.