**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Brian Grant just insinuated he may quit the game over the gifting event.....

Comments

• Well someone has 3 r4s now. 15k prestige
  • Rillian said:

How many GGCs would you need to open to get the mats for a single r4?

I believe the technical term is a lot.

I randomly got a T6B and T3A drop on an alt - typical, and it was 10% T6B and 5% T3A so you’d need 300 T6B drops and 600 T3A drops to make a single R4. Assuming you got god-like RNG and got exactly what you wanted each time you’re looking at 900 crystals so 270,000 units. Which is ~£7800 depending on where you are in the world. At the 1/50 drop rate that they’re listed at in the crystal you’re looking at a hell of a lot more.

Of course that’s assuming that 10% and 5% are the only values in the T3A/T6B.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,755 ★★★★★
    Deda said:

I like BGs contents but I don't understand this exclusivity regarding F2P. He is earning money from this game but is unwilling to spend money to support the game.

Some people just aren't able to spend money, for some reason or another. I myself am F2P not because I'm broke, but for those reasons. Is not his case, but morally he might feel restricted to do so as well
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    So we’re mad because a tiny fraction of players who spend a sedan are getting a couple champs an extra rank over those that don’t spend anything?

And we’re pretending that throughout next year and beyond Kabam won’t add those rewards to future content?

Okay…

Have you people ever played any other top mobile games that have been at the top for years? Your heads will explode.
  • DedaDeda Posts: 43

Deda said:

I like BGs contents but I don't understand this exclusivity regarding F2P. He is earning money from this game but is unwilling to spend money to support the game.

Some people just aren't able to spend money, for some reason or another. I myself am F2P not because I'm broke, but for those reasons. Is not his case, but morally he might feel restricted to do so as well
    I don't want to be rude but what does "morally restricted to spend money" mean? Is it like entering car dealership and saying: "Listen guys I am morally restricted to spend money I'll take the keys of this nice coupe and drive to the sunset. "

From my perspective BGs is like some compay that acquires inputs does not pay for them makes final product and earns revenue, rins and repeat. Once more, I like his content he is doing awesome job but truth is truth.

Kabam should make entirely skill based game mode with random champions where everyone could compete on mothly basis. With decent MMR.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

Deda said:

Deda said:

I don't want to be rude but what does "morally restricted to spend money" mean? Is it like entering car dealership and saying: "Listen guys I am morally restricted to spend money I'll take the keys of this nice coupe and drive to the sunset. "

From my perspective BGs is like some compay that acquires inputs does not pay for them makes final product and earns revenue, rins and repeat. Once more, I like his content he is doing awesome job but truth is truth.

Kabam should make entirely skill based game mode with random champions where everyone could compete on mothly basis. With decent MMR.
    he just enjoys playing the game HIS way, he even talks about how silly and arbitrary his rules are, but it's the way he enjoys playing. Nothing wrong with that, it's not a moral issue from bg as he has spent money on alt accounts when doing challenges
    It seems to me that it’s even valuable information. His account is the extreme end of what’s possible for free to play. How else would Kabam ever know that? Has anyone else invested as much personally in the game, sans money?
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

Deda said:

Deda said:

he just enjoys playing the game HIS way, he even talks about how silly and arbitrary his rules are, but it's the way he enjoys playing. Nothing wrong with that, it's not a moral issue from bg as he has spent money on alt accounts when doing challenges
    It seems to me that it’s even valuable information. His account is the extreme end of what’s possible for free to play. How else would Kabam ever know that? Has anyone else invested as much personally in the game, sans money?
    I also feel the same. I see BG as an example of how top tier FTP can achieve in this game. If he can’t obtain enough resources for r4 a 6*, then basically that’s a gateway / paywall for ftp at the moment. Personally I don’t even think I can have my 1st r4 even in the next year, unless I join higher tier alliance.
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    Mauled said:

Poor fella’s lost the plot a little bit with this I’m afraid. Game was dramatically different in 16/17/18 compared to now in terms of user base and complexity.

IIRC last year he chose to forgo the 6* rank up bundle because he was still content with 5* yet was allegedly playing catch up for prestige etc. I respect that he plays the long game but I don’t think that he plays the long game particularly well, he’s just got a 4 year head start on half the player base, is good at the game and sinks 8 hours a day into arena.

There also has to be a motive to buy these GGC and the only real motive to do that for someone such as myself who spends little money across the year - £50 max - and has 22 R3 is to make the next power level a possibility from the rewards or what on earth am I going to spend my units on it for?

The 4th July, BF and Gifting are designed so that unless you’re grinding an obscene amount of arena you can’t naturally max out everything for free so that P2P players do gain a net profit.

Honestly most of this comes across as him being but sad that the penny’s finally dropped. I’m guessing he’s been given an ultimatum in his ally and told he’s gotta catch up or step aside. Despite what @danielmath says about his rep etc. which believe me, I’m not disputing, I think the scales might start to tip the other way for the next few months until the low spenders/F2P can have a team of R4 as well.

Right on the money, wholeheartedly agree. Thanks for putting it out so eloquently.
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★

-He's a non spender who makes that choice and sticks with it. He gets to play for free because he likes the game (or at least likes it while it has allowed him to be at the top), gets to earn money from YouTube as a side business while playing the game, but has an expectation that he deserves to be at the top with the folks dropping fat cash.
    It's absolutely bonkers.

Agreed!!!
    At the end of the day he is a YouTuber. Has nobody wondered how many clicks he's gotten on that video in the last 24 hours?
    The f2p guy is monetizing on all of this people's concerns about kabam monetizing lol
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

an expectation that he deserves to be at the top with the folks dropping fat cash.
    It's absolutely bonkers.

When or where does he say this @TitoBandito187
  • richardrod33richardrod33 Posts: 13
    I would understand the outrage if the rank rewards were featured in unit deals on black friday or fourth of july. That would put f2p players at a disadvantage unfairly because the amount of people willing to do that would be widespread. This is not that. This is a ridiculous event that the top .01 percent of whales will have to spend yearly salaries to obtain the resources.
  • D0ctor_SD0ctor_S Posts: 42

Why is everyone acting like Brian Grant or anyone else is saying that spenders should not have an advantage or that spenders are not needed for the game?

The only point raised by BG is that the advantage spenders have is too much and not good for the game. Sure disagree with that if you want. There's only a couple people in here that actually addressed this . Everyone else is just bashing on BG because he doesn't spend and his opinion is naught

I disagree on the basis that I don't see that advantage translating in game in the same way he does.

It will impact AQ but it's unlikely that the person with 15k prestige and 3 r4s has leapfrogged anyone and was probably top of the prestige standings already and you can apply that to most the others who whale out on Gifting.

AW it has no real impact, people will still clear deathless with r3s. More R4 defenders is just "meh". If you look at the past gifting leaderboards or top 100 by PI only a few are competing for Masters - which may be due to not needing the rewards Vs effort etc

Solo content (Story/EQ) there's nothing that can't be done with 5/65 5*s.

Solo competitive mode does not exist yet so getting annoyed at the hypothetical situation where you end up being drawn against one of the 10 people in the game with 3+ r4s after Christmas isn't worth worrying about. BGs point about Cavs makes more sense there in terms of roster depth, but we don't even know how it's going to work.

The advantage only stands to impact a small handful of folks specifically (BG included) where they are in the top 20-top 40 AQ bracket. Where to maintain getting 1 R4 is going to probably be a requirement. BG has had the chance to pick up mats and chosen other things and has a stack of units that he could use for gifting but (reasonably) doesn't want to.

I feel more sorry for those that have dropped a ton only to be expected to drop a ton more to maintain. Asking them to drop a ton to stand still wouldn't have worked.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    The whole thing pushes a false narrative. There is no competition between spenders and F2P. That's not a thing, outside the pride that people take in being F2P. There are people who spend, and people who don't, and that's the extent of it. People who spend are going to advance faster than people who don't because spending saves time and effort. In MCOC, time and effort are also a currency. There is room for both in the game and it's not a race between P2P and F2P.
    It's not preferential treatment towards spenders. They're spending the money they earned themselves. I'm not getting into the Fraud debate. We're all aware that's not legit.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

It's not preferential treatment towards spenders. They're spending the money they earned themselves. I'm not getting into the Fraud debate. We're all aware that's not legit.

You're making up a fraud debate and then shooting it down in the same breath. Nobody or atleast not Brian is saying that those who spend money are exploiting the game. The only concern is how much advantage is too much.

But you have made a valid point about how Kabam knows the economy and that they know what is too much and what isn't. Appreciate you making a point that addresses his issue

You're making up a fraud debate and then shooting it down in the same breath. Nobody or atleast not Brian is saying that those who spend money are exploiting the game. The only concern is how much advantage is too much.

But you have made a valid point about how Kabam knows the economy and that they know what is too much and what isn't. Appreciate you making a point that addresses his issue
    I'm addressing the subject in the event that people bring up the other concerns. It has been mentioned thus far.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★

so buying items you can't get otherwise isn't preferred treatment? And fraud doesn't exist even though they just banned thousands of accounts for... fraud?

You're an interesting specimen... I think I need to start reading more of your posts lol
    So you're saying somebody who spends money willingly and of their own volition isn't allowed a little extra perk and it should only equal to what you can earn legitimately for free? In what world does that make sense in a business standpoint?

Restaurants sometimes give coupons for free burgers but they still expect you to pay to get the fries and a drink.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★

Are we still pretending that people who play for free should have everything that people who spend have?

People by the end of this event will have 4+ r4 6-stars. Me, thronebreaker and everything 100% except abyss will not even have a single one. I'm not asking for 4 but by the time people are getting fully prestiged out with r4s I should get to have at least one.
    Spending has always been an option in the game. They will always have more than the people who play for free because money saves time. There is NO way to keep up with people who spend. However, spending is not necessary to play. Which is great, considering the fact that spending makes the game possible for those that don't.
    Moreover, Resource will open up more and more as people advance higher up. It's been that way since the game started.
    You are completely ignoring the point. The gap here is massive and I have zero way of earning these things apart from dropping massive amounts of cash. How am I ever supposed to get to high tier aw if the resources I need to get there are only offered through cash? Then by the time they get to me the next resource I need to continue to catchup is only offered through cash? And not a miniscule reasonable amount of it. An unreasonable amount is offered making it nearly impossible to catchup. "Money saves time" if that was all it did that wouldnt be a problem but the money is buying time that isnt even available yet.
    *for now. As I said, they will become more available down the line. Spenders will always have first dibs. Welcome to the game.
    This has gotten way out of hand, I’m with everyone when I say that this year’s gifting has especially skewed progression towards whales. It’s a slap to the face for us active and skilled players when a year’s or even 2 year’s worth of hard earned progression from playing the game organically can simply be overtaken in a day when one spends tens of thousands of dollars without even having to complete any endgame content. Sure the p2w model has always been in existence for gatcha games such as these, but this is taking things way too far!! You seem to lack the wisdom to comment on such issues, but I’m not surprised, this has been the case from you for a long time as well.
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    If gifting was stinky and didn’t have big rewards, would we be having this discussion?
This discussion has been closed.