**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Jean Grey/Phoenix needs rework or buff thoughts?

ChirocraigChirocraig Posts: 12
edited December 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Whenever you watch the X-men movies it is hinted that Jean Grey is one of the most powerful mutants if not the most powerful and at times they seem to hint that her powers are stronger than Professor X. To me she is a little disappointing that she is a fiery noodle in the game and more of a prestige champ. I know she’s not bad but she’s definitely not good.
What are your guys thoughts? Rework or Buff? Good where she is at? Am I wrong? Completely new champ(Jean Grey) where she turns into her Phoenix form like CMM?
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Nobody's disagreeing that Jean Grey is a so-so champ but I guess part of it had to do with the fact that in order to do her character True Justice, it would Propel her into a level of Beyond god tier that they didn't have and even though now we've got some exceptionally powerful Champions and The Meta has shifted considerably from when it started, there's a chance that a truly powerful Phoenix might still overshadow many in the game which is why they kept her kind of weak.

Also in regards to a secondary version where she transforms, similar to Captain Marvel movie, I remember people were upset when Captain Marvel movie was released cuz they just wanted all of their classic Captain Marvel's to be buffed so I imagine many would prefer to just have Phoenix buffed as is because many of them already have her awakened and at a decent level ready to go
  • ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    I think, we also need duel class champ. Jean grey is a mutant but Phoenix is a cosmic entity which choose mutant. We need duel class for her. She should be Mutant-Cosmic class. Same for magic, mystic-mutant and UC.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    Imran said:

I think, we also need duel class champ. Jean grey is a mutant but Phoenix is a cosmic entity which choose mutant. We need duel class for her. She should be Mutant-Cosmic class. Same for magic, mystic-mutant and UC.

Pretty sure that would cause more drama and controversy especially in terms of rank up materials used and the kind of payouts/ compensation to fix all that would be more of a headache than it's worth.