**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Brian Grant just insinuated he may quit the game over the gifting event.....

12345679»

Comments

• Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

If gifting was stinky and didn’t have big rewards, would we be having this discussion?

We would still be having a discussion. About how stinky the event is. That’s how everything is balanced!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★

Are we still pretending that people who play for free should have everything that people who spend have?

People by the end of this event will have 4+ r4 6-stars. Me, thronebreaker and everything 100% except abyss will not even have a single one. I'm not asking for 4 but by the time people are getting fully prestiged out with r4s I should get to have at least one.
    Spending has always been an option in the game. They will always have more than the people who play for free because money saves time. There is NO way to keep up with people who spend. However, spending is not necessary to play. Which is great, considering the fact that spending makes the game possible for those that don't.
    Moreover, Resource will open up more and more as people advance higher up. It's been that way since the game started.
    You are completely ignoring the point. The gap here is massive and I have zero way of earning these things apart from dropping massive amounts of cash. How am I ever supposed to get to high tier aw if the resources I need to get there are only offered through cash? Then by the time they get to me the next resource I need to continue to catchup is only offered through cash? And not a miniscule reasonable amount of it. An unreasonable amount is offered making it nearly impossible to catchup. "Money saves time" if that was all it did that wouldnt be a problem but the money is buying time that isnt even available yet.
    *for now. As I said, they will become more available down the line. Spenders will always have first dibs. Welcome to the game.
    This has gotten way out of hand, I’m with everyone when I say that this year’s gifting has especially skewed progression towards whales. It’s a slap to the face for us active and skilled players when a year’s or even 2 year’s worth of hard earned progression from playing the game organically can simply be overtaken in a day when one spends tens of thousands of dollars without even having to complete any endgame content. Sure the p2w model has always been in existence for gatcha games such as these, but this is taking things way too far!! You seem to lack the wisdom to comment on such issues, but I’m not surprised, this has been the case from you for a long time as well.
    People with that kind of money and willingness to spend it in the game have already completed said End-Game content. No new Players are dropping 30k on the game.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★

Are we still pretending that people who play for free should have everything that people who spend have?

People by the end of this event will have 4+ r4 6-stars. Me, thronebreaker and everything 100% except abyss will not even have a single one. I'm not asking for 4 but by the time people are getting fully prestiged out with r4s I should get to have at least one.
    Spending has always been an option in the game. They will always have more than the people who play for free because money saves time. There is NO way to keep up with people who spend. However, spending is not necessary to play. Which is great, considering the fact that spending makes the game possible for those that don't.
    Moreover, Resource will open up more and more as people advance higher up. It's been that way since the game started.
    You are completely ignoring the point. The gap here is massive and I have zero way of earning these things apart from dropping massive amounts of cash. How am I ever supposed to get to high tier aw if the resources I need to get there are only offered through cash? Then by the time they get to me the next resource I need to continue to catchup is only offered through cash? And not a miniscule reasonable amount of it. An unreasonable amount is offered making it nearly impossible to catchup. "Money saves time" if that was all it did that wouldnt be a problem but the money is buying time that isnt even available yet.
    *for now. As I said, they will become more available down the line. Spenders will always have first dibs. Welcome to the game.
    This has gotten way out of hand, I’m with everyone when I say that this year’s gifting has especially skewed progression towards whales. It’s a slap to the face for us active and skilled players when a year’s or even 2 year’s worth of hard earned progression from playing the game organically can simply be overtaken in a day when one spends tens of thousands of dollars without even having to complete any endgame content. Sure the p2w model has always been in existence for gatcha games such as these, but this is taking things way too far!! You seem to lack the wisdom to comment on such issues, but I’m not surprised, this has been the case from you for a long time as well.
    People with that kind of money and willingness to spend it in the game have already completed said End-Game content. No new Players are dropping 30k on the game.
    Eh, it could happen, but it's highly unlikely.

Though seeing a level 40 account in one of the top spots would be a little... weird.
This discussion has been closed.