**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Heavy, medium and light attack

Hi seniors,

I know what is a heavy attack, bit can someone advise me what or how to do medium and light attack.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• 1haunted_memory1haunted_memory Posts: 804 ★★★
    5 or 4 hit combo will give you med attack
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    A medium attack is a swipe to the right on the right side of your screen. A light attack is simply a tap on the right side of your screen.

Some combo advise:

The most common combo in the game is a Medium-light-light-light-medium attack combo. This means swipe, tap, tap, tap then swipe.

The other most common combo in the game is Medium-light-light-light-execute special. This means swipe, tap, tap, tap then immediately tap your special attack button after the final tap. You must have at least 1 bar of power to do this.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    As was mentioned here. Some are accustomed to the M-L-L-L-M combo. I also use M-L-L-L-H quite often, then time my Specials accordingly.
  • uLqui0rauLqui0ra Posts: 76
    I always use...M.L.L.L.M
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★
    Does no one use M-L-L-L-L??
  • ReinaReina Posts: 275
    @Nexus_UY_Scuti I vary from
    M-L-L-L-L
    M-L-L-L-M
  • RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★

I think the reason why it's slightly less common to see someone do MLLLL than MLLLM is because the last hit is a light attack instead of a medium attack. Most people want to maximise damage in one combo, so they would choose the latter rather than the former.

I am not too sure on why people do MLLLL. Some say that it makes it easier to parry, others say it's just the way they fight and it gives them more time to dash back or something. But at the end of the day, what matters is which combo makes you more comfortable when fighting.
  • FrattoniumFrattonium Posts: 44
    I have never thought to use M-L-L-L-M. I feel like its too much flipping back and forth, you can mess up so easily trying to switch attacks.
  • ZerophunkZerophunk Posts: 207
    With some champs like ghost rider you need to end a 5 hit combo with a light attack to trigger his bleed
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I like switching it up but the main one I use is the MLLLM. Quite often after a parry I start with a light and throw in my first medium randomly. Such as LLMLM or LMLLM just for a bit of variation. Occasionally do LLLMM as well. Majority of champs seem to be fine landing specials after that last medium but some do get blocked.
  • Ah_boy8Ah_boy8 Posts: 70
    Thanks guys for the very informative advice, I appreciate it. Cheers
  • There is only one reason to use M-L-L-L-L and that is with Ghost Rider to cause the bleed. The MLLLM Combo does deal more damage so why should someone use a light attack at the end? I won't talk about the problems with some champions connecting the special attack because that is a bug.
    Frattonium wrote: »
    I have never thought to use M-L-L-L-M. I feel like its too much flipping back and forth, you can mess up so easily trying to switch attacks.

I don't get this? Flipping back and forth? Don't have to back up after the las light attack to swipe for the medium. Just swipe right. It even does not matter if you swipe on the left or the right side of the screen.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited November 2017

I always do M-L-L-L-L, or M-L-L-L, or M-L-L-L-SP1, or M-L-L-L-SP2 or M-L-L-L-SP3

To be frank, I actually do more 4-attack combo only, i.e. M-L-L-L without maximizing it, bcos this give me more time to react especially dealing with champs that can evade

Personally, which I'm sure it is my own problem, that I find doing M-L-L-L-M very awkward, and in many cases after the last Medium, the chance of me getting countered is much higher than M-L-L-L-L, but once again I'm very sure it is only due to my poor skill in executing it right.

Recently, I noticed that executing a SP* after a 5-hit combo has higher chances of getting intercepted, I noticed this after one of the maintenance update, but I couldn't be sure if it is a real issue or just bcos of me. Therefore I'm trying to stick with executing a SP* after only a 4-hit combo, which I can execute it with almost 100% success rate.

On the other hand, I find the success rate of doing a Heavy (H) after various N-hit combo may diff, again, for me. My success rate of doing a M-L-L-L-H is 50-50 at best, but it becomes better if I do a M-L-L-H or M-L-H, which probably doesn't make much sense, unless I'm doing it for the sake of earning extra valor points in the solo mission, or if I'm having an intended H not for damage but to trigger a buff or effect, say GR's regen, Dormammu's soul bond, etc.

I have seen some of the recorded plays of some famous MCoC end-game experts, and I'm sure they don't have any of these problems, so I believe it is upto me to practise more and to up-level my skills (or live with it if my fingers are failing me) ... :(
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★
    I gave up getting blocked too often. Now it is M or L followed by special. :(
  • @shchong2
    If you do need to do a Heavy, don't do M-L-L-L-H. Instead parry and then do the heavy. That's the only secure way to do it. If they are stun immune one way is to wait after the opponent did a heavy or a SP1 or SP2. But that depends on the style of anmation.