**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Torch Rankup Question

Phillip14233Phillip14233 Posts: 576 ★★★
edited December 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I just pulled a 6* torch, but already have a 5* R5 at sig 120. Is it worth investing in the 6* right now or should I hold off?
Post edited by Kabam Habanero on

Comments

• Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

If you have other champs you want/need to rank up then hold off, but definitely rank him up eventually

Exactly my thoughts too. If you’re in a position that you have several champs you want to take up then I’d probably put him lower down on the list of champs to take up, unless you specifically aim to take on the Everest content. Having a fun and diverse roster is as important as having the strongest.
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Double torch is amazing. That's 2 prefights guaranteed, which can be a huge item saver. If you have the right mastery setup, he also works for heal and power control against pretty much anyone while incinerating the crud out of them. I take 2 torches over my sig 200 void almost everywhere. Love my double torch and my double doom. When a champ is that good, and especially where act 7 is benefitting 6*, it's a good move for a champ that has all that utility.
  • Options
    DogfoodLidDogfoodLid Posts: 130
    You can also apply the 5* prefight and then enter the fight with the 6*. But torches awakened is hardly ever used and he does fine without it
  • Options
    Mother_FlerkenMother_Flerken Posts: 508 ★★★

You can also apply the 5* prefight and then enter the fight with the 6*. But torches awakened is hardly ever used and he does fine without it

Yeah no doesn't work like that
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,312 ★★★★★
    Rank him up

• Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,312 ★★★★★

Rank him up

P. S-thise hits taken are intentional, if u know how to use torch then pls don't ask why I took them on my face
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Definitely. A 6* r3 torch is so much better than r5
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    I did this in reverse. Maxxed out my 5s after having a 6sr3. He’s that useful.
  • Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Rank him up

P. S-thise hits taken are intentional, if u know how to use torch then pls don't ask why I took them on my face
    We've seen your "champion comparison" posts. It's not that far off from your actual gameplay
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    There are very few champs who u should have as 6* R3 (possibly higher in future) as well as 5* R5
    Torch is one of those champs