**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Mastery Loadout - MUST HAVE 2022

As we approach the new year, I would like to propose a new year resolution.
Despite many failed promises made in the Road map last year, I think I speak on behalf of all that we must get the mastery load out ASAP.. spending unnecessary unit to change the mastery is really annoying especially for AW. Yet Kabam keeps putting these great champs that rely solely on suicides??!

Comments

• Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Who exactly are you thinking of? Based on videos I’ve seen, none of the past few have relied solely on suicides
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Mauled said:

It’s a farce that at this stage you’ve got to spend ~£3 worth of units every time you want to tweak your masteries, especially considering there are champions in the game that are completely transformed by these masteries:

Ghost/Corvus/Omega with/without Suicides
    Sym Supreme with/without MD
    Void or HT with/without Despair.

There’s so many champions that are ineffective or massively enhanced by different set ups, and at the moment you’ve effectively got to choose between champions. Unless you’re willing to pay you’ve got to limit your roster which is surely not the point in collecting 180 champions.

I recently switched on suicide masteries and my corvus is so good now. They're also irreplaceable for carina inhuman stamina
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 400 ★★★
    What promises from the road map were failed? I just looked through it and it seems like the only delays were with strikers and solo competitive which look to be coming in early 2022, just a couple months late.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Maybe they ran into an actual issue that prevents them from doing so. I know it's quick to speculate that they just sat on their hands and did nothing but we don't know why we didn't get the presets. I take it with a grain of salt that similar to how we haven't gotten Mystique in game there are certain things that were Beyond the system at the time
  • Chrisco66Chrisco66 Posts: 66
    Mastery update bout 3 years overdue id say
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    I'm loving running suicides but I dearly miss running MD. Presets would be godsend
  • nolcuNnolcuN Posts: 159 ★★

• Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    Agreed this needs to be prioritized already.
  • Maybe they ran into an actual issue that prevents them from doing so. I know it's quick to speculate that they just sat on their hands and did nothing but we don't know why we didn't get the presets. I take it with a grain of salt that similar to how we haven't gotten Mystique in game there are certain things that were Beyond the system at the time

Yeah but there’s nothing to stop them from making them free to switch.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    the bulk of my top champs really excel with suicides, a few do not but there are ways to work around that with synergies.

however, there are a few paths and bosses in story quests that really punish you for having these. I haven't furthered my progression because I don't want to spend units on changing my mastery for one quest, (or spend an absurd amount of units on revives)

mastery loadout would really save me a lot of grief.

Not to mention with upcoming war season for defense placement, and the fact that I run all arenas to at least max milestone. Arenas are already a chore, but doing them without suicides on just simply takes too long.
  • Son_of_Rage1Son_of_Rage1 Posts: 41
    My take is that it would be awesome if Masteries were not set as a team but set as an individual champion. If each champion had their own mastery kit, you could run one player with suicides, one with maxed MD, one with maxed Deep Wounds all on the same questing team. I would actually pay to have this feature to adjust it on a per champion basis. This would create a new level of strategy and team building. My two cents.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

My take is that it would be awesome if Masteries were not set as a team but set as an individual champion. If each champion had their own mastery kit, you could run one player with suicides, one with maxed MD, one with maxed Deep Wounds all on the same questing team. I would actually pay to have this feature to adjust it on a per champion basis. This would create a new level of strategy and team building. My two cents.

That sounds a lot like getting into the idea of Gear....
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

That sounds a lot like getting into the idea of Gear....
    It's basically gear.