**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thanos and Kang rework

StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
edited December 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Hi Kabam

With the higher drop rate of Thanos and Kang in GGC, can we hope to see those two super villains get a good rework this year please ?

They are two of the most powerful villains in Marvel and their mcoc version doesn’t reflect this
Post edited by Kabam Zanzibar on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    kang got one, he’s called apocalypse
  • Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,702 ★★★★
    edited December 2021

Kang doesn’t need any changes. Run him with Apoc. Great team.

He does some good damage with a synergy team. 35 hits against WS 🤣
    https://youtu.be/d9IZx1A6Ot0
  • StellarStellar Posts: 1,069 ★★★★

Kang doesn’t need any changes. Run him with Apoc. Great team.

kang got one, he’s called apocalypse

I know about Apocalypse synergy (and Thanos with overseer) but just take a look to kang and Thanos powers and abilities description. They are a bit pathetic in comparison of the majority of other champions since 2018 and all the pre 2018 champions reworked

Well it’s just a wish i do so this trophy champions can be of use outside of arenas
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,684 ★★★★★
    I’m fine with Kabam keeping them as trophy champs, but they should be reworked.
  • GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    I would love to see a Thanos rework (though I still can't get him), but the more 'common' Champions should probably be looked at first.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited December 2021

I’m sorry but trophy champs shouldn’t get a rework until they do all other champs

They are a trophy champ after all
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    Mysterio said:

I feel I am gonna get downvoted to hell for saying this. But we should have them or versions of them in the basic pool already. All other Marvel Games have Thanos to be used and he is just a big boy. They could have Maestro be in the crystals and make Thanos and Kang go to the basic pool, then rework them both to be good.

Also they both have awesome special animations and I wanna see them more in use.

I agree with this too a point. I understand the rarity behind them, but as you said, as the game as gotten older, I feel other champs could definitely take their place. The Maestro idea you mentioned would be nice, but they did add a variant of maestro this year so I don’t think they ever have plans for him to be claimable.

I’m not too big on thanos or kang being good per say, but their animations, especially thanos, I do love. Wish their were more opportunities to achieve them. Maybe that would be better than adding them to the basic pool? Make them more available to achieve? I don’t know, but I definitely share your sentiment on the matter
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,079 ★★★★★
    Mysterio said:

I feel I am gonna get downvoted to hell for saying this. But we should have them or versions of them in the basic pool already. All other Marvel Games have Thanos to be used and he is just a big boy. They could have Maestro be in the crystals and make Thanos and Kang go to the basic pool, then rework them both to be good.

Also they both have awesome special animations and I wanna see them more in use.

But why would you want villains who would be more popular than you to be more readily available?

Jokes aside, I wouldn't mind having them available into the basic pool but even then I still wouldn't agree that they should automatically be overhauled until such a time that everyone can be guaranteed one of each. As others have pointed out trophy Champions Trophy Champions they're supposed to be rare they're not really supposed to be used for anyting they're just supposed to exist in the game to show hey out of all the people who play this game, you're one of the handful who are lucky enough to possess a champion that not everyone can. And while I understand the desire to overhaul them has been around for quite a while, you can really tell that desire went up tenfold when they released Weapon X and even earlier to some extent when gold and platinum pool arrived. Buy again, it's understandable, people are hoping that all current and future trophy champs would have more viability in content and not just sitting there as a humblebrag for your collection.
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    #Buffpurpdaddy

I might have a slight bias for him to get buffed :)
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    edited December 2021

This is what Thanos will do to anyone who disagrees
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,280 ★★★★★
    Etm34 said:

No point in reworking champions less than 1% of the player base actually has in their roster.

On the one hand, I totally agree. Time and resources are scarce, and Thanos/Kang don't merit a huge amount of time and attention.

On the other hand, these are "Villains of the Contest" and have regularly shown up in various permanent and non-permanent content. That means (1) to be effective opponents, they should definitely be in the "buff list", but also that (2) it will need to be as minor 'Tune-Up' buffs, since Kabam won't want to over-complicate the major villains of Acts 3 and 4.
    Etm34 said:

If kabam really decided to rework trophy champs, they should look to champs like Unstoppable Colossus, OG Ultron, and Platinumpool, champs who are owned by a much broader number of players

Swap 'Platinumpool' for 'Punisher' and this is a very valid point. Hopefully this is already on their to-do list...
  • MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,059 ★★★★

Mysterio said:

But why would you want villains who would be more popular than you to be more readily available?
    Didn't see a Fishbowl on eithers head. 1:0 for Mysterio!
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★

Etm34 said:

No point in reworking champions less than 1% of the player base actually has in their roster.

On the one hand, I totally agree. Time and resources are scarce, and Thanos/Kang don't merit a huge amount of time and attention.

On the other hand, these are "Villains of the Contest" and have regularly shown up in various permanent and non-permanent content. That means (1) to be effective opponents, they should definitely be in the "buff list", but also that (2) it will need to be as minor 'Tune-Up' buffs, since Kabam won't want to over-complicate the major villains of Acts 3 and 4.
    While I think you have a point about them not being total noodles as bosses in story content, you only have to look at Act 7.3 to see a reworked Kang. Until they've been out in the basic pool for quite a while, I don't see any reason to rework their basic versions in any significant way beyond that very Act-specific boss rework. After all, if Kang (or Thanos) turns up in let's just say Act 9.2 again, then I would hope that Kabam did another rework of him in order to make him a fun boss again. For now, that's as far as I want Kabam to go with reworking those champions.

That being said, I think there's a valid argument to be had that their "trophyness" has fallen off lately. Not that they aren't still rare, but we have champions like Weapon X and 5* Redpool that are even rarer while also being significantly better. I wouldn't mind it if Kabam switched out the trophy champions of old to newer ones, introduced the old ones into the basic pool, and eventually buffed them.