**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Mutant Rank Up Advice

I apparently messed up posting this over the weekend, so I'm trying again. I recently received 4 4* mutants after only have Colossus for so long. I'm seeking advice on the order to rank them up, how far to take them (3/30, 4/40, or even any worth 5/50?).

Here are my new mutants:
  • Rogue
  • Gambit
  • Storm
  • Deadpool (X-Force)

I'm currently working on finishing up Act 4, Chapter 1. Are there any of these that would be beneficial for finishing up Act 4?

Also, I have a 4* Mutant Awakening Gem. Are there any of these I might use it on and not feel sad if I actually ever pull an Arch Angel?

I don't know if it makes much difference as far as synergies go, but here are the rest of my 4* and 5* champs.

Cyclops (Blue Team) 5* 1/25
Drax 5* 1/25

Hyperion 4* Duped 4/40
Groot 4* Duped 4/40
Dr. Voodoo 4* 4/40
Vision (Age of Ultron) 4* 4/40
Spider-man (Miles) 4* Duped 3/30
VenomPool 4* 3/30
Moon Knight 4* 3/30
Hulk 4* 3/30
Gamora 4* 3/30
Punisher 4* 3/30
Winder Soldier 4* 3/30
Falcon 4* 1/10

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    Rogue for sure, And she's worth a mutant gem as well. Great heals on SP1.
    You can awaken AA from the generic you will get after doing 100% Act 4.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    With this team, I think you should be able to complete Act 4.
    Hyperion, Doctor V, Vision (AoU), Rogue, Hulk (needs to awaken but stun on special one is good).

Along the way, you are going to pull more champs and duplicate them.
    You can re-assess again.

Good luck on questing.
  • SpursDaveSpursDave Posts: 47
    Thanks for the advice. I ranked Rogue up to 3/30. So far, so good. When I am able to take another champ to 4/40, would it be better to take hulk or a duped Rogue? Which would make the team that winterthur mentioned stronger? Thanks again
    Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I sure appreciate the advice and explanation that is given on this forum.
  • SMiller80SMiller80 Posts: 230 ★★
    As others have said, Rogue. All the way to 5/50

But don't sleep on Gambit. Probably not worth 5/50, but definitely worth 4/40. His ability to chain stuns and ability reduction are a valuable asset to the game.
    SMiller80 wrote: »
    As others have said, Rogue. All the way to 5/50

But don't sleep on Gambit. Probably not worth 5/50, but definitely worth 4/40. His ability to chain stuns and ability reduction are a valuable asset to the game.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Chaining his stuns has saved me in a couple of battles. I just wasn't sure if he was worth just going to 3/30 or taking up past that. Will definitely keep him at #2 mutant unless I get one of the top mutant champs (I really like my 3* duped Arch Angel, so hope I can get a 4* or 5* of him)
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Many experts above offered excellent advises. Therefore I wouldn't make any extra comments in that respect. However, I would send you a few extra links in addition to the experts' advises, just in case you want to hear more from a few end-game youtubers:-

Top 5 Mutant Champions - Patch 16.0 November 2017 - Marvel Contest Of Champions
    Seatin Man of Legends, Published on 21 Nov 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke8WTGov6FA

Class Breakdown: Mutant - Best Unduped? Who to Rank? | Marvel Contest of Champoins
    Joel Line, Published on 27 Jul 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpiH_oUjm4M&t=691s

And in case you may also wonder if you should use your generic awakening for SW, GP, or save it for future Archangel, X23, etc ...

X23 vs Gwenpool : Character Comparison - Marvel Contest of Champions
    Joel Line, Published on 10 Aug 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPBsgtvGR8Y

Damage Comparison: Archangel vs Scarlet Witch Pre 12.0 Nerf | MCOC
    Joel Line, Published on 18 Sep 2017
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA76vgM3cU8

Good luck in your rank up and hope you make the best out of your resources.
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their advice. I am really enjoying using Rogue, and I think that as I get more used to using her specials, I'll go far.