**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

The quickest nerf of all time!!!!

Comments

• Draco2199Draco2199 Posts: 803 ★★★
    People have a hard time reading that they have now included energy damage to the L2. Before it was direct damage meaning uncapped. So yes that is definitely a change to the character not to the synergy therefore warrants rank down tickets. Kabam won't do the right thing though, this doesn't affect me at all but I think it's complete **** that this would've went unnoticed if it wasn't for the gaming community because they fail to property test their product over and over again release after release. I know if I was this sloppy my name wouldn't be on my door at work.
  • Liss_Bliss_Liss_Bliss_ Posts: 1,779 ★★★★★
    Draco2199 wrote: »
    People have a hard time reading that they have now included energy damage to the L2. Before it was direct damage meaning uncapped. So yes that is definitely a change to the character not to the synergy therefore warrants rank down tickets. Kabam won't do the right thing though, this doesn't affect me at all but I think it's complete **** that this would've went unnoticed if it wasn't for the gaming community because they fail to property test their product over and over again release after release. I know if I was this sloppy my name wouldn't be on my door at work.

This DEFINITELY does not warrant rank down tickets. Nothing was changed it is still 7% damage. It is just energy damage now therefore capped in one area of the game, just like the other 99.99999999% of champions are capped.

This DEFINITELY does not warrant rank down tickets. Nothing was changed it is still 7% damage. It is just energy damage now therefore capped in one area of the game, just like the other 99.99999999% of champions are capped.

I thought you said nothing was changed but you just said ENERGY DAMAGE was changed. That is a change from Direct Damage so you just proved that they made a change. Nice job!
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,732 ★★★★★
    There is a difference between direct damage and energy damage. This is a big chance to the character, but I don't think that RDT's should be offered just for this change ...
    No one at kabam answers this change yet, guess we need to wait
  • Carmel1Carmel1 Posts: 624 ★★★
    now loki's sp2 is the same as spidy gwen sp1.
    it knew they will nerf his sp2 / synergy, but i was sure it gonna happened couple of hours after selling the Hela crystal.

I thought you said nothing was changed but you just said ENERGY DAMAGE was changed. That is a change from Direct Damage so you just proved that they made a change. Nice job!

It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    i will say it again.
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%

Did you cry and scream for RDT when Thor/SL and others were capped at 50k?

Nothing about him was changed. He still requires a curse, still needs to be above his opponents health (or have Hela synergy) he still will do 7% except in the one area of the game that has a damage cap.

Labeling damage as direct or energy means NOTHING except for in ONE area of the game where EVERYONE is capped.

And you can't pull the "but direct damage isn't capped so it's a nerf" card. Yes direct damage isn't capped, but believe me if X-23 had a synergy that said her bleeds did 7% HP when teamed with Squirrel Girl they would cap direct damage
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    [
    Nothing about him was changed. ....

Labeling damage as direct or energy means NOTHING.....

So the label was changed. You may argue how much it affects the game, but by your own statement, you cannot argue that nothing was changed, as you very clearly stated that the label was direct damage then became energy damage.
    The entire purpose of that synergy was the ability to do high amount of damage in the Labyrinth. That was my first thinking after seing that synergy, and it had everything to work.
    What will be the cap then? 50k damage?
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    The entire purpose of that synergy was the ability to do high amount of damage in the Labyrinth. That was my first thinking after seing that synergy, and it had everything to work.

That was not the entire purpose of the synergy. Thinking that shows an exploiter mentality. The purpose of this synergy was to bring flavor back to an old and worthless champion without outright buffing him
  • KocheeseKocheese Posts: 391 ★★
    edited November 2017
    Nm
  • SCZSCZ Posts: 183 ★★
    It’s a good thing you have the players to do your QC Miike.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    edited November 2017

That was not the entire purpose of the synergy. Thinking that shows an exploiter mentality. The purpose of this synergy was to bring flavor back to an old and worthless champion without outright buffing him

For once I agree with Extripa. Quite a few people thought Kabam might have made an alternative for LOL and buff a weak champ. If this nerf works the way we think it will then Loki will still be an undesirable champ except in a few circumstances. His synergy with Hela after the nerf really doesn't help him out that much.
    Actually the change hurts him more than just LOL. A change from direct to energy damage is a nerf in regular game play. Use that against ultron now.
    edited November 2017

The way it was working before wasn't an exploit. It was purely working as intended.
    This change is not a fix for a bug or anything, it is a nerf to the damage that can be done. Is basically putting a cap on an attack that wasn't capped before
    DaMunk wrote: »
    For once I agree with Extripa. Quite a few people thought Kabam might have made an alternative for LOL and buff a weak champ. If this nerf works the way we think it will then Loki will still be an undesirable champ except in a few circumstances. His synergy with Hela after the nerf really doesn't help him out that much.
    Actually the change hurts him more than just LOL. A change from direct to energy damage is a nerf in regular game play. Use that against ultron now.

I can not for the life of me agree with @eXtripa69 even if it meant saving the entire universe.

While I do see it hurting Loki more than just LoL, Ultron as you stated, ask yourself this question. How many times outside of arena did you ever use him?
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

I can not for the life of me agree with @eXtripa69 even if it meant saving the entire universe.

While I do see it hurting Loki more than just LoL, Ultron as you stated, ask yourself this question. How many times outside of arena did you ever use him?

What a terrible question to ask yourself. So any champ that was not useful before should not be made useful? My gosh, get out of here with this line of thinking.

The way it was working before wasn't an exploit. It was purely working as intended.
    This change is not a fix for a bug or anything, it is a nerf to the damage that can be done. Is basically putting a cap on an attack that wasn't capped before

I never said it was an exploit. What I said was "exploiter mentality" there is a difference.

What a terrible question to ask yourself. So any champ that was not useful before should not be made useful? My gosh, get out of here with this line of thinking.

Loving words being put in my mouth. What I am saying is this fix to the special doesn't make him overpowered. And not making him overpowered means you are not going to be using him exclusively. This took a 2 champ combo from being required to being a good alternative.
  • JDMFKJDMFK Posts: 8
    JDMFK wrote: »
    Not trying to defend Kabam here, but someone did mention that this change doesn't seem to be stated in other language versions of the game. I'm wondering if this was a mistake on the text portion of the description and not actually reflected in the coding, similar to the text error on Ronan a while back. I used Loki in arena and did extra energy damage with his L2, so I think it's a problem with the wording.

Here's video proof of the damage still happening.

You don't have Hela so of course it would still work. The problem is synergy WITH HELA not Loki by himself.

People are complaining about the "0 damage." I'm just showing that the 0 damage is wrong. As for the synergy, that's a whole other aspect. I just wanted to stop people from freaking out about him not being able to do damage. I'm sure it's a typo and they've maxed out his damage to 50,000.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★

Loving words being put in my mouth. What I am saying is this fix to the special doesn't make him overpowered. And not making him overpowered means you are not going to be using him exclusively. This took a 2 champ combo from being required to being a good alternative.

The issue is that it was introduced to the game and clearly wasn’t tested. I don’t disagree with capping it personally, but there’s no way a single person shouldn’t have noticed this on Kabam’s side before sending her out to players. It’s idiocy at best. That’s the first thing most players thought of when seeing the synergy, but developers missed it entirely.

The issue is that it was introduced to the game and clearly wasn’t tested. I don’t disagree with capping it personally, but there’s no way a single person shouldn’t have noticed this on Kabam’s side before sending her out to players. It’s idiocy at best. That’s the first thing most players thought of when seeing the synergy, but developers missed it entirely.

I don't disagree with that statement at all. In fact I said something similar in another thread.

For developers to have missed this means they are not fully aware of their own game. If us as a community saw the implications within minutes of the synergy being released the development team should have seen it in the planning stages.

Capping it is fine in my eyes. Releasing it was short sighted. Thinking it would last was laughable. Quick correction before people spent money was a good move.
  • MadMarksMadMarks Posts: 155
    edited November 2017
    This synergy ability is way overrated, it isn't that easy to do. You need get the opponent cursed meaning drop and SP3, then you have to reset the curse sometimes multiple times via a heavy attack (which Loki's sucks because it is so damn slow) all of this while the clock is ticking on the curse and the opponents power is rising from all the hits. So on the surface it seems really powerful but in reality it is even harder to pull off then the thor bombs of the past. I had a nice thread explaining it, but it was blocked by kabam for some reason.
    And in order to make this remotely viable you really need Thor Ragnarok, Hela and Loki. Plus MD mastery full. Even then it will be hard to pull off consistently with out getting blasted by an SP3 from the opponent. If they cap it 150k I think that is reasonable, but if they cap it at like 10k that is garbage.
    I play Loki a lot he is my top champ, he isn't that great against opponents that don't rely on buffs. Against opponents that rely on buffs he is pretty dominant. I think the damage output cap is reasonable, but ability to pull it off isn't as easy as some think. resetting the curse on the opponent is hard especially in LoL because of limber after a few parrys it is damn near impossible. It just isn't as powerful as one may think.
  • chunkyb wrote: »
    I don't usually defend kabam, but in this case... I'd rather see the action taken before the hela arena/crystals than after. If they'd have waited, that would have been a real problem. It's a good rule of thumb to just go ahead and assume they don't want anyone doing that much damage at any time. If someone is, it's usually only because they do not thoroughly test additions to the game.

Wouldn't call it a bait and switch either. More of a classic screw up, followed by players finding it, followed by a quick response. We don't normally get those quick responses... And usually it's when the screw up helps players somehow. Still better than doing it after hela.

Yep if it was benefiting them it would have been a good 3 months before the issue was fixed in an update, than then show back up in the next update :D:D:D
  • Why the fight is starting with SL having the second enrange timer instead of the first one ?
  • StavelotXoteStavelotXote Posts: 231

This

It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    i will say it again.
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%
    It is still 7%

Did you cry and scream for RDT when Thor/SL and others were capped at 50k?

Nothing about him was changed. He still requires a curse, still needs to be above his opponents health (or have Hela synergy) he still will do 7% except in the one area of the game that has a damage cap.

Labeling damage as direct or energy means NOTHING except for in ONE area of the game where EVERYONE is capped.

And you can't pull the "but direct damage isn't capped so it's a nerf" card. Yes direct damage isn't capped, but believe me if X-23 had a synergy that said her bleeds did 7% HP when teamed with Squirrel Girl they would cap direct damage

Their damage type didn't change and neither are capped lol. Wrong again lol.
    Not trying to defend Kabam here, but someone did mention that this change doesn't seem to be stated in other language versions of the game. I'm wondering if this was a mistake on the text portion of the description and not actually reflected in the coding, similar to the text error on Ronan a while back. I used Loki in arena and did extra energy damage with his L2, so I think it's a problem with the wording.

Here's video proof of the damage still happening.

You don't have Hela so of course it would still work. The problem is synergy WITH HELA not Loki by himself.

People are complaining about the "0 damage." I'm just showing that the 0 damage is wrong. As for the synergy, that's a whole other aspect. I just wanted to stop people from freaking out about him not being able to do damage. I'm sure it's a typo and they've maxed out his damage to 50,000.

50k is too low sparky n sl do up to 80k from what I've seen.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Capping his damage at 50k isn’t a nerf so it doesn’t warrant an RDT. Why does 7% of the opponents helath to 7% of the opponents health as energy damage make it RDT worthy? It’s still 7%. This change only affects LoL. People just want RDTs.
This discussion has been closed.