**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What Did Kabam change in 8 hours?

JT_Wrexz26JT_Wrexz26 Posts: 55
edited November 2017 in General Discussion
Do we get no Notes or anything letting us know what ya'll did for the 8 hours the game was down? Is it a secret? It seems to me like nothing changed? Moon Knight, Black widow and other Evade champs still seem to be evading WAY more than they should.... my specials are still being Blocked after finishing with a Medium attack (which is very... very annoying). I still lag REALLY BAD when my alliance hits the help button for me while im grinding arenas? So what exactly did ya'll change for 8 hours??

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    They don’t have to fix bugs during maintenance. They probably upgraded or switched out their servers this time due to the extended period of time
  • JT_Wrexz26JT_Wrexz26 Posts: 55
    That couldnt wait until the next update? Maintenance should be for fixing bugs. Hence why its called "Maintenance" you know for maintaining **** thats wrong with the game.
  • Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    they banned a few countries apparently which are Iran sudan syria and north korea
    Whoa really?? Why??
  • SpinoSpino Posts: 241
    JT_Wrexz26 wrote: »
    That couldnt wait until the next update? Maintenance should be for fixing bugs. Hence why its called "Maintenance" you know for maintaining **** thats wrong with the game.

Or they could, you know, maintain their servers and change whatever hardware needed to be changed.
    That's what maintenances are for.

If they need to change something in the codes, that would be updates.
    edited November 2017
    I believe debugging is the term for finding and fixing bugs. And then passing us updates to fix the bugs in our systems. Maintanence does not mean bug fixing lol.
    Whoa really?? Why??

yup several people have said it as well ...i mean its kinda self explanatory in a way ..
    I think most of the people there were hackers if im not mistaken?
    Lol, it should be included. Especially if it's an 8 hour period. Especially when these bugs have been an issue for a long time. It's very annoying that they don't try harder to fix bugs RIGHT AWAY. We have to put up with them until the next update. It's just frustrating...
    How can them banning people be self explanatory? Lol
    You ever worked with servers? I have. It’s not a quick process to do maintenance on them.
    I know it's not a Quick process. I go to college for Game Program and design. What I'm saying is they could have fixed bugs too. It was already 8 hours might as well had took a couple more hours and knocked the bugs out too.
  • KenshioKenshio Posts: 162
    Whoa really?? Why??

yup several people have said it as well ...i mean its kinda self explanatory in a way ..

hacker ? lol
    i think This has been due to sanctions
    They are not able to cope with the government ...
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Nerfed Loki apparently.
    Kenshio wrote: »
    Whoa really?? Why??

hacker ? lol
    i think This has been due to sanctions
    They are not able to cope with the government ...

oh ok i just was unsure why they did it thanks for the good info
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,872 ★★★★★
    I bet a lot of things have been added in for next event
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Yes, server maintenance takes time. Here, when we refresh databases and then reload them, it can take anywhere between 2 hours to 2 days, depending on if we run into issues and how huge is the data to be snapped and reloaded.

In simple terms, it is time consuming process and a lot can go wrong during these refreshes. I bet we all want to play the game, but it does need timely maintenance to be running as expected.
  • waynegcorewaynegcore Posts: 93
    I know it's not a Quick process. I go to college for Game Program and design. What I'm saying is they could have fixed bugs too. It was already 8 hours might as well had took a couple more hours and knocked the bugs out too.

I have worked in Game Dev for nearly 15 years, here is something you may be missing.

In regards to MCOC...

Maintenance is for Server Maintenance.

Bugs that cannot be fixed on the server side are fixed (as much as possible) in the monthly patch / update.

I encourage everybody to ignore the original post and stay in school kids.
    Dude I'm not saying that maintenance isnt for the server. I'm saying they can take a couple hours more time DURING the server maintenance to fix some bugs as well. You go back to school son.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    Still have lag here.
  • EhssaanEhssaan Posts: 9
    huh wtf with them...I am playing for about 1 year and many of my friends for almost 3 years
  • JT_Wrexz26 wrote: »
    Dude I'm not saying that maintenance isnt for the server. I'm saying they can take a couple hours more time DURING the server maintenance to fix some bugs as well. You go back to school son.

If you are taking some sort of game design courses, find someone on the faculty that has worked in the industry and ask them if developers *ever* touch the live servers.

You don't fix bugs during maintenance, because you don't touch anything during maintenance. Programmers fix bugs Monday through Friday during their normal work day on development systems. They also add new features to the software, again on dev systems. At some point they freeze changes on dev and get it ready for deployment. They are supposed to test it and verify it is production ready. And then they make a deployment package for the software and go home. That's it: the developers involvement ends.

The package gets sent to operations where they push that unto the production systems during maintenance windows where they shut everything down, push the updates, and then bring everything back up. The ops people are not generally developers, and in any case they have no authority or access to the game code. They put the packages in the deployment directories and hit the button. Then they start everything back up, make sure things appear to be running correctly, and go back to playing Halo in their offices.

This separation between dev and ops is pretty much the standard in large scale multiplayer gaming systems. Developers don't get to touch the live systems, so they can't "fix" anything on them. They basically fix bugs as part of making version 17 of the software, and the only way they fix problems in the game is by giving someone version 17 and telling them to overwrite version 16 with it. That's all they are allowed to do.

Why they do is is another long story that I'm sure the faculty can explain to you.

Also, if you are taking classes in "game programming" *and* design, good luck to you. Almost nobody actually does both except one man indy shops. And its rough out there.
  • Tthunder2058Tthunder2058 Posts: 115
    Well it was emergency maintenance for today's emergency emergency maintenance
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,562 ★★★★
    Is it that big of a secret what they really did.
  • Lost my refills. Lost $
  • OmniOmni Posts: 574 ★★★
    DNA dropping that knowledge...again.