**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Android gameplay issues are absolutely atrocious

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,737 ★★★★★
I will also write a propper bug report in the dedicated thread, but the issues over the past months made me so furious, that I need to do a small writeup. I put it in this section because noone reads it and hopefully this snap of mine won't have unwanted popularity. Anyway here it comes:

We keep getting compensations for iOS issues, which is great and generous. I understand that the issues aren't on Android devices, but I don't know why there is no big talk about Android issues?

I have taken months to really check my "theory" before posting this, so that I am 100% sure of what I'm saying. So there are 2 issues that mainly bug me:

1) champs throw unwanted heavies
Mid combo, my champs really often throw a heavy attack instead of a light one. My input is really a short tap, I play on the same device for about a year and I know for sure that this short input should absolutely not be taken as a heavy "hold".

2) block breaking
The second issue is, that my champs just stop blocking. I block 1-2 hits and get smacked. I don't move my thumb at all, even when it is rock solid, the champ just stops blocking and gets hit.

These described issues are only the ones I am absolutely sure are not my fault. Stuff like moving my finger badly, mistimed parries and dexes and so on happens, but I can't say for sure that it's in the game. It could very well be just me. But these two I am sure are not my fault.

Now I write this mainly because I don't see any diacussion about this. The iOS issues get a lot of publicity here and get fairly adressed, while this issue isn't talked about at all. I don't want a compensation. I have lost many, many resources to these issues, but that isn't as important to me as adressing and fix of the aforementioned issues.

Is should also add, that I am aware of differences between all the Android devuces, versions etc., but this kind of issue could point at some underlying issue, common for more devices. Because lag ansd perfoemance issues are one thing. That is the "bad" optimalisation on different devices. But dropped inputs and bad reading of them feels like a bigger problem (I am no programmer tho, I am aware that I don't know anything, so I present this all as my speculation, not a fact!)

My complaint is now over.

Comments

• Destr0yerDestr0yer Posts: 47
    Kabam is a business so it is reasonable to expect that they focus on issues that affect their revenues the most. This probably has to do with the emphasis on iOS devices.

OS of each device with a touchscreen interface has internal drivers that handle interpretation of touchscreen interactions like taps, swipes, and holds. In my case everything works perfectly in any app other than MCOC. But in the case of MCOC it appears that Kabam uses proprietary drivers to interpret touchscreen interactions. Ever heard the expression "road to hell is paved with good intentions"? Well, I think that's what we have here - proprietary drivers that by design enable some "cool" stuff while failing to perform the most basic functions. I would love to be proven wrong here.
  • daveyj_196_daveyj_196_ Posts: 437
    edited January 2022
    I've given up saying all this. I am very pessimistic about ever seeing improvements. I just play to pass the time now.
  • jdrum663jdrum663 Posts: 551 ★★
    I agree with OP completely, it's been over a year for me. I haven't done any difficult content for that amount of time. For them to dismiss Android users says a lot. Oh wait, "Android users aren't experiencing any problems". Lol
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    Destr0yer said:

Kabam is a business so it is reasonable to expect that they focus on issues that affect their revenues the most. This probably has to do with the emphasis on iOS devices.here.

Pure conspiracy.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,957 ★★★★★
    What device do you have? What version of Android are you running?

I have a LG V60 and experience none of what you said. The heavies issue you explained can happen if you hold your thumb too close to the screen when playing and cause a double tap or "hold" action for touch screens.

If you're going to write this much at least include the basics as well.
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★

What device do you have? What version of Android are you running?

I have a LG V60 and experience none of what you said. The heavies issue you explained can happen if you hold your thumb too close to the screen when playing and cause a double tap or "hold" action for touch screens.

If you're going to write this much at least include the basics as well.

Well, this is an issue for many devices, as stated in the android dedicated thread. That's not the reason OP decided to open this new one, it's one of the devices that keep having problems. Happy now?

So, as for the post, that's the important thing here, not someone who doesn't have any problems, (or that he says he doesn't to support kabam), after last updates, I don't have lags anymore. I keep having minor parry problem, not as much as I used to, not having the heavy thing that much anymore (but I do have it from time to time), but,

I Do have a new bug, my champ when I intercept, stays in a "blocking" state.

Plus, Ebony Maw, in certain fights with certain champions, I don't remember who at the moment, when he's Sp2, the game stops working.
  • To help us keep track of everyone's feedback about issues like these, we created dedicated threads for Android and iOS users. The relevant one for Android users is located HERE.

Please report your concerns in that thread by providing the details outlined in our Bug Report Template.

Thanks in advance for your help!
This discussion has been closed.