**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Can we still expect Relics and Solo competitive mode to release next month?

2»

Comments

• Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★

Skiddy212 said:

personally, i dont want relics anywhere near this game. RNG elements make getting hero's a pain. Gold/iso droughts occur often.

Relics have the potential to create a pay to win environment that will make the game even more grindy. I can say the talk of relics scares me

What I'd like is a soft launch of relics in something like incursions or solo competitive mode, we can see exactly how they work and what they're like. And if they're bad, we can give feedback and Kabam never have to launch it to the wider game, if they're good, and there's not a pay to win aspect about it then they can stay!

Because we don't know what relics will be like as of now, there's an air of uneasiness about it. And I'm not saying they'll definitely be great, but a lot of change can feel bad when they're announced, I mean 6*'s being added were pretty heavily denounced by the community and now they're great for the progression of the game. I'm cautiously optimistic about relics, I think a lot of cool stuff could be done with them in a totally fair, non-pay-to-win way, but I definitely hope they aren't just added full throttle into the whole game at once. Make it limited so we can see how they work, and there's an option to backtrack if they're bad
    Kabam doesn't have a good track record of taking our feedback on big issues and doing anything other than ignoring it lately. Even before these last few months it was a very inconsistent thing for our feedback to be respected let alone implemented.
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,609 ★★★★★
    Please mastery 2.0
  • KILLMФИGЕЯKILLMФИGЕЯ Posts: 122 ★★
    edited December 2021

Hey all,

As we point out in all of our Roadmap posts, timelines are subject to change and delays, or outright cancellation. We haven't cancelled anything, but are still hard at work on both Solo Competitive Mode and Relics. They've both seen a small delay because we are currently working to fix some pretty important areas of the game, but you should expect to hear more about them and their updated timelines next month!

Hmm I wonder how many other players will quit before we even hear about a rough time frame for these modes? Lol
    Which means even more players will quit LONG before we actually get these new features or game modes.

I’m not holding my breath considering this is a 7year old game and we don’t even have mastery presets yet
  • cookiedealercookiedealer Posts: 260 ★★

Skiddy212 said:

personally, i dont want relics anywhere near this game. RNG elements make getting hero's a pain. Gold/iso droughts occur often.

Relics have the potential to create a pay to win environment that will make the game even more grindy. I can say the talk of relics scares me

Do you also have issue with the idea of 7 stars? Just asking because either one or the other has to happen right? There has to be somewhere to progress to, right? I personally don't necessarily have an opinion on either myself. Just curious. But, what I did see over the last couple years was tons of feedback from the community saying they don't want to see 7 stars. So, imo the idea of Relics is possibly Kabam's response to this feedback.

If the game is to continue... there has to be something else on the horizon. A way to continue to grow your account. So I guess the question is, which do people prefer? Also, we can see that they have already scaled down the power level that 6 star characters receive when ranking up. To me, this is a direct response to the negative feedback regarding the idea of 7 stars. That has already been implemented. The progression of 6 star champs is markedly slower than any other rarity to date.
    Relics and other ways to grow one's own account seems like an interesting way to move forward to-new cool milestones.

7 stars would probably anger a lot of players who spent money and time to acquire 6 stars.
  • Buttehrs said:

Skiddy212 said:

Do you also have issue with the idea of 7 stars? Just asking because either one or the other has to happen right? There has to be somewhere to progress to, right? I personally don't necessarily have an opinion on either myself. Just curious. But, what I did see over the last couple years was tons of feedback from the community saying they don't want to see 7 stars. So, imo the idea of Relics is possibly Kabam's response to this feedback.

If the game is to continue... there has to be something else on the horizon. A way to continue to grow your account. So I guess the question is, which do people prefer? Also, we can see that they have already scaled down the power level that 6 star characters receive when ranking up. To me, this is a direct response to the negative feedback regarding the idea of 7 stars. That has already been implemented. The progression of 6 star champs is markedly slower than any other rarity to date.
    Relics and other ways to grow one's own account seems like an interesting way to move forward to-new cool milestones.

7 stars would probably anger a lot of players who spent money and time to acquire 6 stars.
    And those same people spent money and time acquiring 5* before 6* became a thing. Not sure how 7* would change anything.
    7* talk is still too soon
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Skiddy212 said:

And those same people spent money and time acquiring 5* before 6* became a thing. Not sure how 7* would change anything.
    Just annoying tbh. Spend so much time into 6* and if 7* come, it's just the same old **** over again.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Skiddy212 said:

7* talk is still too soon
    I don't remember exactly when 6 star shards were first introduced relative to 5 star progression, but I'd assume it should be around the same time. And in theory a 7r1 should be the equivalent of a 6r4. I personally don't have anything against either Relics or 7 stars. So long as the border is purple...that would be sick:)
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022

Buttehrs said:

Skiddy212 said:

Just annoying tbh. Spend so much time into 6* and if 7* come, it's just the same old **** over again.
    Ehn, we're used to it. Been that way since the beginning. Only difference is the later someone downloads the game the faster they skip 2,3, and 4 stars now. But a lot of us did invest in 4, then 5 and now 6 stars. I have an army of maxed 5 stars (42ish) that I don't use anymore, like for anything. But I don't mind.

They are now part of a collection and all have great memories associated with them.
    3 star Voodoo and GP were on my map 3 team.
    4 star Wolverine, Iceman and Hulk Classic for map 4.
    5 star Blade Trinity engaged in war attack dominance, act 5 and early act 6 and Labyrinth intial clear.
    5 star Corvus: war attack, map 6 and 7, tons of solo content, etc.
    5 star Aegon: Labyrinth and Abyss 100%, Act 6
    Can't forget about Quake... Map 6/7 minis, War, Act 6 and one of her last battles was The Gauntlet. She's essentially retired now and sipping iced tea on the porch telling stories with the rest of the above mentioned.

Currently expanding the 6 star army (about 30 r3). And in many cases, with each rarity, the rank ups are different than the last rarity. So it's not really a duplication in a lot of cases.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★

Can we pleeeeeease get a new roadmap or something soon?

If we don't get some kind of update by Monday, it's over. We've been let down again
  • KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,409 ★★★★★

Buttehrs said:

Skiddy212 said:

Ehn, we're used to it. Been that way since the beginning. Only difference is the later someone downloads the game the faster they skip 2,3, and 4 stars now. But a lot of us did invest in 4, then 5 and now 6 stars. I have an army of maxed 5 stars (42ish) that I don't use anymore, like for anything. But I don't mind.

They are now part of a collection and all have great memories associated with them.
    3 star Voodoo and GP were on my map 3 team.
    4 star Wolverine, Iceman and Hulk Classic for map 4.
    5 star Blade Trinity engaged in war attack dominance, act 5 and early act 6 and Labyrinth intial clear.
    5 star Corvus: war attack, map 6 and 7, tons of solo content, etc.
    5 star Aegon: Labyrinth and Abyss 100%, Act 6
    Can't forget about Quake... Map 6/7 minis, War, Act 6 and one of her last battles was The Gauntlet. She's essentially retired now and sipping iced tea on the porch telling stories with the rest of the above mentioned.

Currently expanding the 6 star army (about 30 r3). And in many cases, with each rarity, the rank ups are different than the last rarity. So it's not really a duplication in a lot of cases.
    Used to it, but it's boring. There's nothing new in just going through the motions.
  • gannicus0830gannicus0830 Posts: 606 ★★★★
    Bases...
    New masteries...
    Wish crystals...
    Never expect kabam to deliver on their promises and you'll never be disappointed.

Personally I couldn't care less about solo competitive mode; I think it will be a logistical nightmare and it's implementation will bring more bugs than an apartment dumpster in July.
    As for relics (aka GEAR), that's the last thing I want introduced. If you think the P2W aspect and whale-milking is bad now, just wait until a gear system is introduced.
    Does anybody else remember the Chinese version of the game?...
  • Crys23Crys23 Posts: 712 ★★★★
    Why would 7*s be added? For what would you need such high powered champs? 7* will never be added to the game. (Cant even fit 7 stars on the portrait)
    Current hardest content is Abyss and most of us did that with 5*s. Not even 6* R4s are needed for any content.
    Look at carina challenges. "Use 4* this, use 3* that, use that weak champ". R4s and R5s( (in about 4 years time) are just for prestige. At least until Abyss 2 comes out.
    Kabam will have to keep the game alive by releasing cool new unique champs, new game modes, new content.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Skiddy212 said:

The difference in my opinion is that 5* have not been as difficult to acquire or rank up as 6* for a LONG time, so the comparison doesn't follow very well. For years the game has been VERY SLOWLY shifting to 6* in large part because Kabam has made it that difficult to acquire and rank up 6* champs. To shift to 7* would be quite frustrating in many respects, so the comparison is not quite the same as the shift from 4* to 5* or 5* to 6*. 6* still take quite a bit of time and effort to acquire/awake and rank up past R2. If Kabam were to switch to 7*s they would have to make 6*s drastically easier to rank up to R3/R4 and awaken. I don't think they have wanted to do that and so they haven't introduced 7*s. It is annoying that they severely limited how big a difference the R2-R3 jump is though. I mean, it's still noticeable and it is something, but it would be awesome if it was a 30% jump instead of an 18% jump or whatever.
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    Don't mind me