**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

At the end of the road The Champion stands, while Kingpin lurks around the corner ...

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
Under the tutelage of Dr. Strange’s astral form she pushes the limits of her strengths, however her abilities have been wreaking havoc across The Battlerealm, leaving Ægon and the Summoner to clean up the mess while villainous elements take advantage of the madness.

Is this a subtle hint that Ægon could be MVP in Act 6 Chapter 2 which yet again demands a wider roster with both Class and Rarities combination?

And how far could a parry based gameplay progress even if The Champion Boss Fight was Updated ?

Crawling through the forum, these hints;
i/ Just finished completing Act 6 Chapter 2, here's my thoughts
ii/ Act 6 Bosses Tips
are invaluable.

Act 6.2.1
Parry and heavy still works here.

Act 6.2.2
The orginal E.M.P. Modification node on Mister Sinister was changed to Caustic Temper. I ranked up both Vision and Angela and brought along Heimdall for this fight.

Angela works as well if only I have the skill and mastery setup so I relied on Vision.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXU55wQhYho
Act 6.2.3
The Omega Red fight caused much more problems than Mister Sinister. How to get rid of the furies without being able to parry and heavy?

It is one thing to rank up a champ for a fight but quite another to know how to use the champ effectively again. After the fight, then only I read Angela is a very good counter. :(

Act 6.2.4
Kingpin and Destructive Feedback.
Looks like I need a break and some help.

Comments

• ChikelChikel Posts: 2,056 ★★★★
    Kingpin was annoying but basically stun immune KP. I used the good ol' reliable Hyperion sp1 spam. Took a while but it's safe. You should boost for that chapter as you don't want to spend too long in fights. The longer you spend, the greater the risk you'll get clipped and they reflect your damage back at you. Just use the proper counters to the paths, avoid ramp up champs. Ghost wrecks that fight but I don't have her.
    6.2.5 is just a series of atrocious nodes culminating in the most bs fight of the game after the Collector. He's got a lot of counters, just find out who works for you. I tried Sorcerer and She-hulk before using AA. He was better for me.
    The Champion is the champion. Sorcerer was my MVP due to her ability to tank block damage. Getting him to 10% is easy and that's where the fun starts, you units start reducing and revives go down the drain. I would recommend not counting revives in this fight.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    How's your intercept game? Act 6 is where you need that skill. Kingpin is practically stun immune anyway so practice him in duels a little first...

You should be throwing 4 hit combos, dash back and intercept him when he rushes in. repeat till he's above 1 bar of power. Then bait his sp1, punish and repeat the 4 hit intercept game. That's the way to handle that fight, with ANY champ. Avoid his sp2, evading his sp1 and punishing it, is where it's at. You need this skill a lot in Act 6, and act 7 and newer cav eq nodes where parries are punished with disorient.

Once you can do this pretty reliably, you'll feel a lot better tackling more story content, harder difficulties in monthly eq and special events like SoP or celebrity challenges.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Well, Kingpin is down and it sure feels like a Collector fight back in the good old days.

Destructive Feedback.
    All champs knocked out on reaching The Hood.

Kingpin was and is difficult for me because I read nodes and champ abilities, but don't understand, so ... :s

I do thank the community and also request an excuse for putting out a red herring in this post, the intention was hoping to roll a 6-Star skill champ. I'll pop that 6-Star crystal on the last day of the current 14-day calendar.

After digesting the comments, I tired using champs without DOT and only hit when the timer is on cooldown. And I was surprised why CMM was gaining health fighting War Machine. :D

On to next stop and exactly how murderous is Mordo? Can HT + White Mags burns through?

edited December 2021
    Less problematic than Kingpin, though I still managed to have all my champs K.O. :D

I don't know why but Mordo decided to hold block and let NF bleed him dry with a heavy.

As usual, I have the champs but don't know how to use them properly.
    https://youtu.be/9xQ_5z3zk0k

Miles looks interesting also.
    https://youtu.be/eTQFyB-pBMs
    A couple of things to do before re-attempting this path.

1/ Rank up The Champion to practise against The Champion. Mine is a 4-Star rank 4 at sig. 60. I have zero Cosmic T4CC so he can't get any higher.

2/ Read the nodes and abilities of The Champion sitting on the final tile. Well, can only do it when I get there.

3/ Check who are the counters.
    I have Doom, Sym Supreme, CAIW, Colossus, She-Hulk and is MD really needed?

4/ Learn backdraft intercept. :(

5/ Get to the final boss with at least one champ surviving? My very first run.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2010716/#Comment_2010716

6/ Patience. :)
  • mbgibsonmbgibson Posts: 103
    You are working on getting through the 6.2.6 Champion? You have some of the best options in terms of champs. I would watch some videos on the fight. Make sure you work on heavy countering and can get the spacing right on his heavy, and SP1 and SP2 to do so. Heavy counters are critical for Doom and SHulk; not sure if it is needed for the others you list. I'm doing exploration, and re-learning that fight is such a pain.

Good Luck!
    2nd run.

Do I need to put back Pacify to deal with Magik?
    3rd run with a few pots.

Abilities of The Champion with Power stone.

• Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    I did this quest a couple of months back. The Champion was really easy (and kinda fun) to fight with Doom. I suggest you look up some videos, but you can freestyle if you want. The only thing to watch out for is when he is able to shrug the shock and stun.

I did this quest a couple of months back. The Champion was really easy (and kinda fun) to fight with Doom. I suggest you look up some videos, but you can freestyle if you want. The only thing to watch out for is when he is able to shrug the shock and stun.

So, my skill is real bad. The problem I have is getting The Champion down to 10%. Emptied out all the revives and potions to do that. Really similar to when I was fighting the Collector in Act 5.2.6.

Removing the 3 Indestructible Charges was the relatively easier part.

And this ... for 12k units :o

Tried one Phalanx crystal and out came 4-Star Wolverine.

• Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Hey, my skill isn't the best either, but you can't get better if you don't try.
    Also, I really must commend you on that units stash, I would have spend it all on cavs ages ago!