**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are there any characters you think should be re-buffed?

MysterioMysterio Posts: 1,068 ★★★★
edited January 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Let's face it, not all buffs were a homerun. I am not trying to discredit Kabam here either!
Kingpin, Moleman, Black Panther, Ultron and many more buffs have lead to some great updated kits.
But characters like DDHK, Ronin, Nova and in my opinion Vulture, should maybe get a 2nd pass cause I don't think they were done enough justice with their buff. What previously buffed character would you like to see buffed?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Wsd37Wsd37 Posts: 20
    I think that Ronin is the number one champion that needs a rebuff....but I also think that a nightcrawler buff would be so cool.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,770 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    And OP to answer your question, yes I do think some champions need to be rebuffed:

Ebony Maw, Ronin, Gamora, Nova, Guillotine and DDHK (DDHK to a lesser extent, he’s a top champ but needs max sig, synergies, can be complicated to play and lastly I don’t know if his sig is working).

Like I said above, I strongly believe Kabam should assign one value slot per month for failed buffs and newly released duds; in addition to the regular buff cadence.

I want to see Ebony Maw, Ronin, Gamora, Nova, Guillotine, DDHK, Psycho-Dud, Super Skrull, Mangog and America Chavez all receive a value slot alongside the regular buff cadence.
    I think that would be the best strategy for the buff program.

It would show us that Kabam won’t accept failure as a precedent and are doing their best to do right by the player base.
  • Options
    Wsd37Wsd37 Posts: 20
    Wow, someone on kabam should hire you, then maybe we will be more chill with everything they do
  • Options
    Logan00Logan00 Posts: 566 ★★★
    Guillotine and ronin
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Rookiie said:

Honestly, while re-buffs sound great, by my reckoning we are only about 1/4 of the way through how many champs arguably deserve a buff and that’s after 17 months of the program.

Plus, we’ve gone down to 2 buffs a month, which means it’s gonna take nearly another 3 years to get through all the champs that could do with buffs.

And then that’s not even including however many champs are released between now and then that could also do with buffs.

To quote Pop from Luke Cage (been doing a binge recently) “Never backward, always forward. Always.” I think we need to focus on champs who haven’t been buffed yet, rather than eternally going over and over until champs buffs are done justice. Unfortunately there will always be buffs that don’t land, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles, and can you imagine the waste of time it’ll be if the Nova buff 2.0 flops as well? I’d rather they give a new champ the chance if I’m honest

I have to disagree.
    If we’re going set an expectation that a failed buff is okay every now and then, then we are setting a precedent that failure is okay.
    And it’s not okay.
    They absolutely should assign one value slot per month in addition to the regular buff slots targeting failed buffs and newly released duds.
    They've got an analytics team for this - at a granular level they can tell us which area in a champion’s kit is underperforming or overperforming. They can tell us which champions are being used and which aren’t.
    And it isn’t right to cast champs aside just because they were buffed and the buff failed to land.
    An unused champ is an unused champ. Whether they were buffed or not, and bottom line the responsibility and aim of the buff program is to make sure champs are used; or at least achieve a minimum reasonable level of usage.
    I think you're misunderstanding me, I'm not saying, nor have I ever said, a failed buff is ok. I just think you have to be realistic, there are always going to be buffs that do not land.

The thing is, if we count buffs like DDHK, Ronin, Gamora, OGBP, Vulture, Nova, Guillotine and Maw (all mentioned in this thread) as failed buffs that need second looks, that's 20% of the program so far. In my view, apart from Guilly, these are all just buffs that haven't landed. None of those are failed buffs. All of those champions have been made objectively better, I've seen increased usage from line chats for most, and in a few cases (OGBP, Vulture, Maw) are actually incredibly useful in end game content.

The only outlier? Guilly, she is being looked at again because hers actually was a failed buff and I'd rather Kabam dedicate time to actual failed buffs, rather than ones that we don't like.

We can't just go over and over on champs that have been buffed but we don't like them, this is the perspective of end game players. Any progressing player pulling any of these champions is going to get so much more use out of them purely because of the buffs. That's the aim of the program, and unless you can show that either 1) a buffed champ isn't getting more use in any section of the playerbase (because remember that's the point of the program, helping progressing players just as much as end game) or 2) the champion is objectively worse; then you can't conclude the buff is failed.

If you want Kabam to go back over and re-try buffs, we need to drastically cut down our definition of a failed buff. Because right now in this thread, there is only one buff that is truly a failed buff, and that is being looked at. If we don't and Kabam go back and try fix all the buffs that the community thinks are failed, we will have another 6 months of "fixing" the first 17 months of the program before we can actually get on with what the program is intended to do. For me? Unless the champ is made objectively worse, I'd rather Kabam focus on the future instead of rebuffing champs like DDHK, Vulture, Maw, Ronin or yeah even Gamora, champs that some in the endgame community deem aren't useful. Because I like DDHK and use him a lot, others like him too, and new players would be lucky to get such a good miss counter.

What's better for the overall game? Buffing a champ like DDHK who has a few users who really enjoy him, but gets hate from end game players who want to see more damage? Or buffing someone like Psycho man who is used by almost nobody, but has an amazing kit with amazing potential and could really benefit from a tune up? In an ideal world with infinite time, buff both! I'd love to see everyone happy. But if you have finite resources and finite time, where do you focus your effort? The champ that has already seen an uptick in use? Or the champ who hasn't been buffed yet

• Options
    Carter22Carter22 Posts: 56
    I think nova should
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,770 ★★★★★

Rookiie said:

Honestly, while re-buffs sound great, by my reckoning we are only about 1/4 of the way through how many champs arguably deserve a buff and that’s after 17 months of the program.

Plus, we’ve gone down to 2 buffs a month, which means it’s gonna take nearly another 3 years to get through all the champs that could do with buffs.

And then that’s not even including however many champs are released between now and then that could also do with buffs.

To quote Pop from Luke Cage (been doing a binge recently) “Never backward, always forward. Always.” I think we need to focus on champs who haven’t been buffed yet, rather than eternally going over and over until champs buffs are done justice. Unfortunately there will always be buffs that don’t land, but that’s the way the cookie crumbles, and can you imagine the waste of time it’ll be if the Nova buff 2.0 flops as well? I’d rather they give a new champ the chance if I’m honest

I have to disagree.
    If we’re going set an expectation that a failed buff is okay every now and then, then we are setting a precedent that failure is okay.
    And it’s not okay.
    They absolutely should assign one value slot per month in addition to the regular buff slots targeting failed buffs and newly released duds.
    They've got an analytics team for this - at a granular level they can tell us which area in a champion’s kit is underperforming or overperforming. They can tell us which champions are being used and which aren’t.
    And it isn’t right to cast champs aside just because they were buffed and the buff failed to land.
    An unused champ is an unused champ. Whether they were buffed or not, and bottom line the responsibility and aim of the buff program is to make sure champs are used; or at least achieve a minimum reasonable level of usage.
    I think you're misunderstanding me, I'm not saying, nor have I ever said, a failed buff is ok. I just think you have to be realistic, there are always going to be buffs that do not land.

The thing is, if we count buffs like DDHK, Ronin, Gamora, OGBP, Vulture, Nova, Guillotine and Maw (all mentioned in this thread) as failed buffs that need second looks, that's 20% of the program so far. In my view, apart from Guilly, these are all just buffs that haven't landed. None of those are failed buffs. All of those champions have been made objectively better, I've seen increased usage from line chats for most, and in a few cases (OGBP, Vulture, Maw) are actually incredibly useful in end game content.

The only outlier? Guilly, she is being looked at again because hers actually was a failed buff and I'd rather Kabam dedicate time to actual failed buffs, rather than ones that we don't like.

We can't just go over and over on champs that have been buffed but we don't like them, this is the perspective of end game players. Any progressing player pulling any of these champions is going to get so much more use out of them purely because of the buffs. That's the aim of the program, and unless you can show that either 1) a buffed champ isn't getting more use in any section of the playerbase (because remember that's the point of the program, helping progressing players just as much as end game) or 2) the champion is objectively worse; then you can't conclude the buff is failed.

If you want Kabam to go back over and re-try buffs, we need to drastically cut down our definition of a failed buff. Because right now in this thread, there is only one buff that is truly a failed buff, and that is being looked at. If we don't and Kabam go back and try fix all the buffs that the community thinks are failed, we will have another 6 months of "fixing" the first 17 months of the program before we can actually get on with what the program is intended to do. For me? Unless the champ is made objectively worse, I'd rather Kabam focus on the future instead of rebuffing champs like DDHK, Vulture, Maw, Ronin or yeah even Gamora, champs that some in the endgame community deem aren't useful. Because I like DDHK and use him a lot, others like him too, and new players would be lucky to get such a good miss counter.

What's better for the overall game? Buffing a champ like DDHK who has a few users who really enjoy him, but gets hate from end game players who want to see more damage? Or buffing someone like Psycho man who is used by almost nobody, but has an amazing kit with amazing potential and could really benefit from a tune up? In an ideal world with infinite time, buff both! I'd love to see everyone happy. But if you have finite resources and finite time, where do you focus your effort? The champ that has already seen an uptick in use? Or the champ who hasn't been buffed yet

I agree more with this sentiment. And yes, to quote you:

That's the aim of the program, and unless you can show that either 1) a buffed champ isn't getting more use in any section of the playerbase

This is what I want to see. Honestly there is no point arguing unless Kabam show us numbers. But that’s what I’m arguing for: numbers and transparency.

They don’t need to hire anyone. They just need to listen and communicate more frequently and more openly.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 845 ★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Totally agree @Rookiie .

What I would like to see is a greater level of information on why a champ has been changed. Take Guillotine - she's changed and many state that she is worse. What interests me is not what has changed but why she has changed?

Is it for game balance, future nodes, upcoming content, ranking within class? Is the buff worse because more players have her in their rosters than similar champs, and Kabam are concerned about an imbalance if they make a common character move up to the top third or quarter in the class? Is it because the kit implementation, done so long ago, is unworkable and needed to be refactored?

It may not be answers we like or agree with, but it would at least help with understanding.
  • Options
    Shock29Shock29 Posts: 541 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    Annihilus. He got buffed a while ago but it didn't fix all his problems. He’s just a couple of small changes away from being really good. His damage is fairly good already.

The Sauron synergy is one of those changes. Increased Stifle duration makes him much easier to play

His Stifle also needs to be changed to reduce Combat Power Rate as opposed to only Offensive. In its current state, it only benefits Annihilus defensively and if changed gives him more utility and takes a little more stress off his damage rotation.

One last change I could think of is to add the Darkhawk synergy to Annihilus’ kit and allow him to counter Auto-block champs. The taunt from the synergy would also not reduce his Attack Rating.

Armor Breaks could be paused on Special Attacks to help output and maybe increased in duration by a second or two but it isn’t necessarily needed. The three main changes would be enough in my opinion to make him much, much better.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,088 ★★★★★
    There are definitely champions that need a second pass but I would rather everyone at least has a first pass then we go back in tweak the ones that by comparison because the ones that didn't feel like a home run back then will really stand out later on and they realize they have to put a little more elbow grease into them.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Guillotine. Absolute train wreck.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I agree with you that some of the champions you’ve listed have had lackluster buffs but I think the main thing kabam should do for the future is at the minimum buff people enough that they shouldn’t have to be buffed again soon even if they aren’t great.

Also, I definitely don’t agree with your vulture take. He’s not at the top of the tech class but he got a really solid buff and has a good amount of uses now.
  • Options
    JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,044 ★★★★★
    Nova
  • Options
    TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★

If it's done , gamira, ronin ,nova

Who's Gamira?
  • Options
    AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Guillotine
    Gamora
    Nova
    Ronin
    Maw
    DDHK
    YJack
  • Options
    IcyCoolDudeDoodleIcyCoolDudeDoodle Posts: 587 ★★
    Mr. Noodle, Mr. Rocket Already Exploded and Ms. Useless Souls (If you didn't understand, I am saying Ebony Maw, Nova and Guillotine)

Really.... Need.... Love..... From..... Kabam.... I love playing Maw, quite fun but could use a buff. Nova has nothing other than being an ok defender and Guillotine? Fun story = Loved Character = Give Her Buff..... But first buff Mr. Weak Suns (Sentry) Before coming for these characters