**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New Update Thought/Comments [Merged threads]

Comments

• JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    6* blade always there?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    LOL.

The changes are fine. More UI improvements still needed IMO.

• Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I'm really hoping that we'll see some tweaks with it, it looks like it was designed for a full size iPad and not the average phone.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★

Hey all,

We talked about this a while ago in one of our Roadmaps. The Contest is 7 years old, and frankly... It looked like it. We wanted to make some changes to keep it fresh and give people access to more information where it's needed.

For example, The What's New button will have more functionality soon too, allowing us to embed a lot more info in those messages. It also replace the message carousel that our data showed had very minimal interaction and was not being utilized by players to get info that was helpful to them.

Everybody is welcome to have their own opinions, and not everybody is going to agree on what they like and don't like. But please keep feedback respectful.

I will gladly accept the change (as I also know it’s not gonna change back), my only issue is the unit size as it starts to cover my currency tab due to the size. Is this a bug, something that will be fixed? Are you able to comment on this? Thanks
  • ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 837 ★★★★
    So far so good. Loading time much improved.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★

I entered a quest then decided to check my champions and the game moved smoothly without loading, I really like it. What i find weird is the unit number, it seems too big and the notification number above the unit store seems cut, like if they zoomed the screen ^^"

The units are actually partially covering the box which displays gold/loyalty.
  • Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,282 ★★★★★

Hey all,

We talked about this a while ago in one of our Roadmaps. The Contest is 7 years old, and frankly... It looked like it. We wanted to make some changes to keep it fresh and give people access to more information where it's needed.

For example, The What's New button will have more functionality soon too, allowing us to embed a lot more info in those messages. It also replace the message carousel that our data showed had very minimal interaction and was not being utilized by players to get info that was helpful to them.

Everybody is welcome to have their own opinions, and not everybody is going to agree on what they like and don't like. But please keep feedback respectful.

How is increasing the font of units a way to modernize the UI?
    If unit stash starts to dwindle, it will be more obvious now ☹️
  • JohnDoe89JohnDoe89 Posts: 70
    Looks horrible

Why is the menu bar so small bro?

Units are massive

Cmon mate ya havin a proper giggle?
  • TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    Yeah I don't think the setup change adds anything to the game. Lets get real changes like free masteries or bug fixes.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    The buttons are a tad small, but I like the changes overall. (Not intended to rhyme.)
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,192 ★★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

I got no problem with it. Not the end of the world

it’s not the end of the world, I’m just confused why it was changed. The old one looked good and worked fine.

way easier to fat finger which tab you want to go to as well now
    Now you can access any tab from anywhere, before you had to go to Home screen before going anywhere and pass by that loading screen. But I agree it's ugly and look unfinished and rushed.
    It's not rushed. It's the building blocks. More improvements will be made.

Went from crystal vault to champion roster n this happened 😐

This is intentional, no more loading screen needed.
    Kabam Zero, do you think you could comment on the units button size being big an covering some of the currency tab at the top? If it was intentional, has to be fixed etc? Just curious, thanks!
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    So, I did not like the new sizes on my iPhone. Just loaded it up on the iPad and it looks way better (other than unit size). On the iPad the drop down menu goes all the way across the screen. This looks way better than on the iPhone where it is more centered on the screen. Assuming this is just an aspect ratio thing, but it does look way better on the iPad.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 864 ★★★★

I’m on 2nd Gen iPad Pro 2020 and I like it. The load time is good, faster than before. As long as Grandma finishes showering before I load one fight, I’m good.
  • EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    That red wifi thingie is back, the screen freezes a lot when a fight is finished, just not when switching through different tabs/screens.
  • Mobile_P0tat0Mobile_P0tat0 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

I’m on 2nd Gen iPad Pro 2020 and I like it. The load time is good, faster than before. As long as Grandma finishes showering before I load one fight, I’m good.

Is it worth not having access to your overflow?

Skiddy212 said:

Went from crystal vault to champion roster n this happened 😐

This is intentional, no more loading screen needed.
    Kabam Zero, do you think you could comment on the units button size being big an covering some of the currency tab at the top? If it was intentional, has to be fixed etc? Just curious, thanks!
    Not intentional, will be tweaking in the future.
    Thank you for the quick response!
    Raganator said:

So, I did not like the new sizes on my iPhone. Just loaded it up on the iPad and it looks way better (other than unit size). On the iPad the drop down menu goes all the way across the screen. This looks way better than on the iPhone where it is more centered on the screen. Assuming this is just an aspect ratio thing, but it does look way better on the iPad.

I mainly play on iPad, I agree with this statement
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

J0eySn0w said:

Is it worth not having access to your overflow?
    You can just slide it