**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

New endgame content??? 7 years playing mcoc

I'm trying to understand why you people delete a simple QUESTION without answer.

ARE WE GOING TO GET MORE ENDGAME CONTENT ???? SOMETHING CHALLENGING FOR JANUARY? I PLAY THIS GAME SINCE DAY 1.

APPARENTLY THE ONLY WAY TO HAVE FUN IS BUYING THINGS IN-GAME INSTEAD OF PLAYING.

Please need to understand what happen, we have to wait months for some interesting content.

Thank your in advance for your answer.

@Kabam Miike

Comments

• SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

DNA3000 said:

thepiggy said:

DNA3000 said:

End game players represent about 2% of the players, being generous. We get end game caliber content on average about once or twice a year. If the developers dedicated proportional effort to end game content, we'd be getting end game content about once every two to three years. End game tier content is somewhat more important on a proportional basis, but it already gets three to six times its proportional resources.

End game content takes a lot more effort to make, it benefits a far smaller proportion of the playerbase, and it is much harder to grant meaningful rewards to the players who already suffer the highest levels of reward dilution in the game. So separate from the fact that you aren't going to get an answer to the question of when the developers are going to make something, because they virtually never answer such questions, the actual answer is "probably not for a while" and "it will probably always be spaced out on average by many months, possibly up to a year or more."

This is really frustrating to read because they used to make end game content on a regular basis before all the weenies started crying.

You say games like this can never end, but what's the point of playing if 6 stars we never actually needed and their idea of end game content is recycling old material?

What's Vol. 2 of Carinas, finish abyss with a 4 star She hulk?
    End game players of progressional games always eventually have to deal with the fact that they are faster, and will always be faster, than the dev teams supporting the games they play. The average player doesn't have to answer the question "why play" because they are essentially playing an infinite game. End game players aren't. They are playing in a finite space that will grow slower and slower relative to their speed, because they keep getting faster and faster (because they keep getting better and better). They have to find ways to continue to want to play a game that they keep bumping into the edges of the map and have to wait.

If this was an MMO, I'd tell you to roll an alt. And some players do find making a second account to be interesting. But in terms of continued progress in your primary account, only you know what would satisfy your desire to have something to play for. It won't be "beat the hardest content in the game" every month. I think it is reasonable to hope for things like Grandmaster's Gauntlet or Omega Boss Rush, or to a lesser extent Summer of Pain, to land occasionally. Like I said, once or twice a year maybe. But in terms of the kinds of progress everyone else makes, the end game players aren't going to get that while sitting at the top. There's just no there, there, for them to push towards.
    I know what you're saying, but we are 4 years into 6 stars and they never served a purpose. If content doesn't need them then what's the point? The whole rarity was meaningless except to boost prestige.
    I get the general idea, but I feel like you’re missing the point on 6*s. For the record, there is some content (not gonna get into how I feel about gates, but they exist) that no other rarity of champ can do. To answer your general point, the whole idea of 5* champs is that they are 4* champs, but a bit better. We haven’t even unlocked the highest levels of 6* champs yet, so I think it is a bit unrealistic to see content that almost completely requires 6*s by virtue of difficulty. Basically all of the endgame content now could be done by 4* champs if you’re Swedish or someone equally skilled. A 5* champ at 5/65 is similar to a 2/35 6* champ, and slightly below a 3/45. It would be ridiculous for Kabam to release 6* champs and automatically make their rank up resources widely available, so there is a natural progression for them to outpace 5* champs. We just haven’t hit the point to where they are just leagues better than 5* champs, but we’ll get there.

Don’t forget Adrenaline - easily one of the most overlooked mechanics that actually can make a huge difference between 6* and lower champs.

6* champs provide another big pool of collectible champions available in the game, and roster growth is really one of the core reasons to keep playing the game. I know content is a big pillar, but there is a reason TB requires a R3 6*, because getting new champs and high level catalysts is another important aspect to progression (and an important aspect of fun for many people). I also personally have pulled a number of 6* champs before I ever got them as 5*s, so it can provide some chances at champs that keep evading you in other rarities as well.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Also, OP, if you want a legit answer, or for your post to not get deleted then maybe all-caps or using an accusatory tone is not in your best interest.

Also, how long does it take you to complete interesting content? I assume that it takes far less than it does to storyboard, design, code, debug, etc a new and different piece of content. Not that I wish it were the other way around, but it really just takes time. They also will rarely tell us exact dates of their next big project, because it’s quite often in flux. They really don’t know.
  • Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    A new game mode is coming....soon...

There is that to look forward too. Just wish there were more details on that
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    thepiggy said:

DNA3000 said:

thepiggy said:

DNA3000 said:

End game players represent about 2% of the players, being generous. We get end game caliber content on average about once or twice a year. If the developers dedicated proportional effort to end game content, we'd be getting end game content about once every two to three years. End game tier content is somewhat more important on a proportional basis, but it already gets three to six times its proportional resources.

End game content takes a lot more effort to make, it benefits a far smaller proportion of the playerbase, and it is much harder to grant meaningful rewards to the players who already suffer the highest levels of reward dilution in the game. So separate from the fact that you aren't going to get an answer to the question of when the developers are going to make something, because they virtually never answer such questions, the actual answer is "probably not for a while" and "it will probably always be spaced out on average by many months, possibly up to a year or more."

This is really frustrating to read because they used to make end game content on a regular basis before all the weenies started crying.

You say games like this can never end, but what's the point of playing if 6 stars we never actually needed and their idea of end game content is recycling old material?

What's Vol. 2 of Carinas, finish abyss with a 4 star She hulk?
    End game players of progressional games always eventually have to deal with the fact that they are faster, and will always be faster, than the dev teams supporting the games they play. The average player doesn't have to answer the question "why play" because they are essentially playing an infinite game. End game players aren't. They are playing in a finite space that will grow slower and slower relative to their speed, because they keep getting faster and faster (because they keep getting better and better). They have to find ways to continue to want to play a game that they keep bumping into the edges of the map and have to wait.

If this was an MMO, I'd tell you to roll an alt. And some players do find making a second account to be interesting. But in terms of continued progress in your primary account, only you know what would satisfy your desire to have something to play for. It won't be "beat the hardest content in the game" every month. I think it is reasonable to hope for things like Grandmaster's Gauntlet or Omega Boss Rush, or to a lesser extent Summer of Pain, to land occasionally. Like I said, once or twice a year maybe. But in terms of the kinds of progress everyone else makes, the end game players aren't going to get that while sitting at the top. There's just no there, there, for them to push towards.
    I know what you're saying, but we are 4 years into 6 stars and they never served a purpose. If content doesn't need them then what's the point? The whole rarity was meaningless except to boost prestige.
    The strongest players were doing Uncollected difficulty with 3* champs. That doesn't mean 4* and 5* champs didn't serve a purpose. They did, for the vast majority of players. I'm no slouch, but I'm not giving up my 6* roster.

Currently, 6* champs are the top rarity in the game, making them the top tier chase target in the game (at least for champion rarity). That is their purpose. They serve that purpose if, and only if, the players actually chase them, spend time and money to get them, compete for them, invest in them. And at all tiers of players capable of even getting them, 6* champs are heavily pursued and invested in. Some players invest in them for prestige. Some invest in them for war defense. Some invest in them to help them complete content. We don't all invest in them for the same reasons, but most of us do for some reason.

Ultimately, we the players decide if 6* champs have a purpose in the game. And the votes are in, and they do. The fact that some players think they are only good for prestige is not important. The purpose to 6* champs is not for everyone to universally value them for the same things in the same way. We can't do that because everyone is different: we can't make a magic bullet they will all like for the same reasons. The best we can do is design them so that the largest number of players all value them *somehow* for their own individual reasons.
  • RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,498 ★★★★★
    No reason for them to create end game content. They have just proven that people are willing to pay to have several r4 champs even where there is no content for which they are required. If you can make money from whales (good for them by the way) and focus on easier to create content (e.g., switching up monthly nodes), then why wouldn't you? End game is now ranking higher in AQ and maybe doing well in war. Even variants. They have said that they are intended to serve as a bridge for progressing players....well, how many bridges with the same rewards do they need to build?