**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What exactly is causing the t5b imbalance for end gamers? Let's take a look...

hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
Most of us "end gamers" have often wondered how this t5b shortage is occurring. And, why is a resource introduced 4 years ago in Act 5 giving us issues in 2022? I finally decided to take a closer look at the rewards I earn in recurring content such as AQ. Specifically the ratio of t2a to t5b. Spoiler alert: It's not good. Fact is, when we look at the ratios required to rank up champions, the rewards are really skewed towards 5 star progression. And in some cases are even below the ratio required for 5 star progression... even for Map 8! Where almost all of the participants are exclusively working on 6 star progression.

https://youtu.be/zhddgwFqiDU

Comments

• AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    It seems there's usually a tremendous overflow of t2a always. But anytime new act chapter is released they almost balance out providing nice amount of t5bs for rankups. Right now i have exactly 8 t5bs at my disposal.

And all my glory is usually spent on t5b
  • AdevatiAdevati Posts: 437 ★★★
    Pretty much every game I’ve ever played has resources that are more rare than others leading to overflow of the “common” resource.

MMORPGs where you let items rot because you don’t need them ring a bell?

Making careful decisions on who to rank up should always be a part of this game (or any game). Games where you drown in resources and don’t have to work very hard for certain resources are empty and boring.

That said, what is your solution? Increase T5B? So now we can all rank up at a much faster rate removing the satisfaction of working towards a specific rank up or the decision factor? Or do we lower T2A artificially and keep rank ups at the same rate?

How is this “problem” being brought up with anything other than the intention of, “I want to rank up more champs faster.”?
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,151 ★★★★★
    I have a lot of T2a now because of gifting crystals, but usually not overflowing with them.
  • FenicoFenico Posts: 306 ★★★

Any who disagree wish to say why? If you have an opinion on the topic or believe anything stated is inaccurate, I'd like to hear it.

I mean you said you took closer look at ratios and then you just said it is bad. Some more concrete info would be helpful I think.

Don't take me wrong, I agree that t5b shortage is really bad but some more evidence would be nice.
  • Denslo500Denslo500 Posts: 900 ★★★
    @Adevati or they could let us sell them.
  • Ken1378Ken1378 Posts: 279 ★★★
    Adevati said:

Pretty much every game I’ve ever played has resources that are more rare than others leading to overflow of the “common” resource.

Making careful decisions on who to rank up should always be a part of this game (or any game). Games where you drown in resources and don’t have to work very hard for certain resources are empty and boring.

That said, what is your solution? Increase T5B? So now we can all rank up at a much faster rate removing the satisfaction of working towards a specific rank up or the decision factor? Or do we lower T2A artificially and keep rank ups at the same rate?

How is this “problem” being brought up with anything other than the intention of, “I want to rank up more champs faster.”?

It’s also about the dozens of expiring T2A in our inventory that we can’t sell.

A few potential solutions are pretty obvious to me:
    1. Change the ratio of T2A to T5B in late game content rewards from about 3:1 to below 2:1 (this includes AQ rank rewards for Alliances rank 31-500ish).
    2. Give us a much better price on T5B in the Glory store.
    3. Allow us to sell T2A. (Probably won’t happen for a while)
    Ken1378 said:

Adevati said:

It’s also about the dozens of expiring T2A in our inventory that we can’t sell.

A few potential solutions are pretty obvious to me:
    1. Change the ratio of T2A to T5B in late game content rewards from about 3:1 to below 2:1 (this includes AQ rank rewards for Alliances rank 31-500ish).
    2. Give us a much better price on T5B in the Glory store.
    3. Allow us to sell T2A. (Probably won’t happen for a while)
    So you want more resources? To rank up faster?
    Wicket329 said:

Adevati said:

I absolutely agree that there should be a difference in the availability of various resources. However, I disagree with where the choke point should be. We have two levels of resource beyond t5b at this point, being t5cc and t6b/t3a. Those are the areas which I would expect to need to scrounge for resources.

But the issue here isn’t just that there is a lack of t5b, it is the comparative lack of it next to the abundance of t2a. Both are needed to r2 a 6* champion, which is the necessary first step for 6* champions. So not having enough t5b to r2 a 6*, but having 30 t2a in the overflow is the problem. It feels bad to either just let it rot and expire or to have to spend iso and gold to use it to r4 a 5* champion who, odds are high, you’ll never actually use or take to r5 because that would also cost t5b which is better spent elsewhere.
    Most games have abundant resources that one must decide to use on lesser upgrades, ignore, or let go to waste. That will happen in every single dynamic where one resource is much more rare than the other.

Saying you want more of the rare resource because the common resource is being wasted is a silly notion in the context of gaming.

Just come out and say you want more T5B so you can rank up champs faster.
  • BrandonmballouBrandonmballou Posts: 219
    T5b and t2a arenas are needed
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    up until the GGC my biggest bottleneck for ranking 6* champions was t4b... lol.

just looking at 6* champs:

R1 - R2 requires:
    7 T4b
    3 T5b
    7 T2a
    7 T4cc

R2 - R3 requires:
    1 T5cc
    4 T5b
    8 T2a
    8 T4cc (why is this even a thing?)

R4+ no longer requires t2a but is instead replaced with t3a, but still needs 5 t5b.

Few easy solutions/proposed fixes:
    1. Increase catalyst storage capacity
    2. Increase amount of t5b in rewards
    3. increase value of purchase of t5b in the glory store
    4. allow people to sell t2a for t3a shards
    Mauled said:

Adevati said:

The solution is quite obvious; slow down the T2A acquisition rate slightly and increase T5B so that the disparity isn't so huge. Even my brand new account - 6 weeks old has 4 T2A in the overflow having already taken a 5* to R5. So I've obtained almost 20 T2A in 6 weeks on an account running Map 3.

I don't need to be able to R2 a 6* every week, I don't think most of us have the gold to do that even if we wanted to, but there does need to be better balance if even a brand new account is facing the same management issues as a very endgame account.
    Once again, you are advocating faster rank up materials leading to faster rank ups.

You are asking Kabam to speed up progression on the account of you having expiring materials.

Keep showering me with disagrees. But this entitlement that players deserve more of the uncommon resource because they have too much of the common one is hilarious.

The few people saying just lower T2A is silly as well. How does it help if you now earn 5 T2A compared to earning 10 T2A and having 5 expire? Seems rather redundant. At least with the latter you can choose to upgrade lower tier champs.

Say they speed up T5B and now we all have T2A and T5B expiring. Are we going to complain that there is T5CC imbalance and we all deserve more of that resource?