**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

'My Champions' screen layout

Every so often the layout of my champions is 7 champs long versus 6 champs long in a row. I much prefer the 7 champs in a row whenever it pops up. Is there a feature kicking in from time to time or am I unknowingly doing something or is it something with my phone?? I have a Galaxy S21.

Just curious if anyone knows anything

Comments

• Crys23Crys23 Posts: 736 ★★★★
    I got S21 too and i have 6 champs in a row. Not sure how you got it to show 7
  • StarzStarz Posts: 153
    Crys23 said:

I got S21 too and i have 6 champs in a row. Not sure how you got it to show 7

Me neither.. Every so often I'll log in, do whatever and check my champions and it'll be 7 in a row which I really like for some reason. I wish I could make it like that going forward
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Do you ever multitask?
  • Starz said:

Every so often the layout of my champions is 7 champs long versus 6 champs long in a row. I much prefer the 7 champs in a row whenever it pops up. Is there a feature kicking in from time to time or am I unknowingly doing something or is it something with my phone?? I have a Galaxy S21.

If you could do a quick test and let me know if the difference is only when you have the crystals screen background vs the home screen background or if it's truly just random too that would be useful information.
  • _Sham_ said:

Starz said:

If you could do a quick test and let me know if the difference is only when you have the crystals screen background vs the home screen background or if it's truly just random too that would be useful information.
    what do you mean by that? how can we chose different background ?

i have s21 too but never had 7 champs in a row but would love to.
    Don’t think you can “choose” the background. But probably means that depending on what screens you were in prior to jumping to Roster, may have a lingering determination on what background image is there.
  • Starz said:

I have an IPad pro and it shows 4 champions in a row. I feel like the fight screen is narrower, too, which it feels different reaction distance for fights compared to some Youtube videos (or I am just imagining). I don't think there is a way to adjust, but if you have any suggestions it would be great.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    I have an S21 and it does this as well when I play MCOC on it (Most of my gaming happens though on my OnePlus 9). I think it has to with the adaptive display where it will adjust resolution and refresh rate of the screen to try to give the best performance.

• And would be nice if it doesn’t just calculate how many will fit based on screen aspect ratio, but also on physical size itself.

IPads, with more square-ish ration that widescreen phones, only show 4-wide. Even though it is such a larger screen that phones and could easily accommodate more (each of a smaller relative size vs screen itself) that what you could do for a small size phone.

Icons on a small, but widescreen, phone are tiny compared to a large size tablet that happens to be the more square-ish ratio.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Starz said:

Hey so for context the hero screen is dynamic in that it will try to fit as many heroes as it can in a row. ie wide phones mean more champs in a row. My guess as to why sometimes you get 7 vs 6 is that your phone screen is perhaps right on the breaking point between the two and so occasionally it calculates one vs the other. I'll try to get this logged and see if we can fix it to be more consistent in the future.
    Maybe it has something to do with the in dispaly punchhole being on the right side vs the left? My phone sometimes acts weird around it. Sometimes it blocks the entire row and sometimes it is filled
  • Starz said:

Hey so for context the hero screen is dynamic in that it will try to fit as many heroes as it can in a row. ie wide phones mean more champs in a row. My guess as to why sometimes you get 7 vs 6 is that your phone screen is perhaps right on the breaking point between the two and so occasionally it calculates one vs the other. I'll try to get this logged and see if we can fix it to be more consistent in the future.
    Maybe it has something to do with the in dispaly punchhole being on the right side vs the left? My phone sometimes acts weird around it. Sometimes it blocks the entire row and sometimes it is filled
    You know now that you say that, when I start the game and the punch hold is on the right, I get 7 champs, when it's on the left, I get 6.....

Oh that could quite likely be it. Thanks for the info.
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    _Sham_ said:

_Sham_ said:

Starz said:

By this I mean do the following,
    1. Go to Top Bar, Tap Home, Then Tap Champions, Observe hero row count
    2. Got to Top Bar, Tap Crystals, Then Tap Champions, Observe hero row count
    You can do the same in an active quest or while masteries are up but not as needed
    I tried and i always have 6. But maybe because I disabled adaptive refresh rate?
    Try the experiment....

Rotate the phone one way and start the game, take a look.

Exit and start the game with the phone rotated the other way and take a look.

@AverageDesi seems to be on to something with the hold punch....
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,632 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    I don’t know about anyone else, but this is actually kinda interesting. Fun to see active support and troubleshooting.
    edited January 2022

_Sham_ said:

Starz said:

By this I mean do the following,
    1. Go to Top Bar, Tap Home, Then Tap Champions, Observe hero row count
    2. Got to Top Bar, Tap Crystals, Then Tap Champions, Observe hero row count
    You can do the same in an active quest or while masteries are up but not as needed

I gave this a shot from a few different menus and tested in a fight screen and post crystal opening and could not replicate. I will keep trying because.... I REALLY like the 7 champs in a row lol
    edited January 2022
    Found it. Under settings /display "Full Screen Apps" It will list each app individuallyand you change them from default to full screen. I did that for MCOC and it worked.
    I lied. It worked directly after doing just what I said but now it's back to 6 champs.. smh