**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Greater Golden Crystals from original X-Men Use Event

DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
I finished this event before it was deleted yesterday and now have 750 unopened greater golden crystals sitting in my inventory. I realize this was a bug and these rewards are not intended, but am I safe to open these? It's pretty annoying having to spin open any new crystals I get one at a time so I stay above 750.

Comments

• King_SternyKing_Sterny Posts: 58
    I'd like some information from Kabam about what to do with the rewards that were mistakenly awarded as well.
  • King_SternyKing_Sterny Posts: 58
    Dukenpuke said:

Very well. I will take no response as implicit approval that I am free to open these crystals without penalty.

Dangerous assumption., but I'm almost at that point myself.
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited January 2022

Dukenpuke said:

Very well. I will take no response as implicit approval that I am free to open these crystals without penalty.

Dangerous assumption., but I'm almost at that point myself.
    Well I've opened a support ticket and a post here and they have replied to neither, so I'm not sure what else to do.
    Received an update from Kabam support.

"We are still investigating this particular incident, and we do not have any specifics about what will happen with these at this time. For the moment, you will want to refrain from opening them, and once we have more information we will let players know through our forums, included in update notes on our blog, or delivered to your in-game mail, making those great resources to regularly check."

Don't open those 750 gold crystals if you haven't yet, or run the risk of getting the ban hammer.
  • Danemo666Danemo666 Posts: 164 ★★
    Thanks for sharing this. I contacted support about it too but the reply I got was like I'd asked a different question 💁 I've been holding onto the shards and gold crystals until I seen an offical response
    Coppin said:

I posted many times about this and got my posts taken down, i guess it was time till the people who got the 750 crystals made their point.
    Whats gonna happen to the rest of the players that didnt get rewarded by this bug?.. its not minor its over 4 million gold

Most likely the players that did open their crystals will have their gold taken away and the champs that they spent the gold on downranked and de-ISOed.
    Coppin said:

What?.. they responde to bugs, they notify if something needs fixing, they notify when comprnsations come . 4 million gold due to a bug is not a support ticket matter...Besides all u do is get an automated response from support with tickets like this...
    A few gold i would understand and just let em have it.. but a 4+ million gold is a huge advantage

As they said in my ticket response, they have no action to share at this time, and they will make an announcement when they have something to announce. However, since this directly affects me since I have 750 gold crystals sitting in my crystal vault, I needed an answer before then, hence the ticket. My response wasn't automated, it was a direct answer to my question. "Don't open them yet."

Posting an update when they have no update is just going to antagonize people on the wrong side of their decision, so they expectedly stay silent on the matter until they have a decision to make. When they do decide what action they're going to take, I'm sure we'll hear about via in-game mail, and it will end up pissing someone off (either the people who will have their gold taken away, or those that didn't get the gold in the first place).

Danemo666 said:

I must agree as all I have had so far is a generic reply back from support in which they had said that they didn't have any info on compensation at this time (which wasn't what I asked) and proceeded to direct me to the forums 🤷

I take it you're not one of the people that ended up with the 750 gold crystals. Right now, this bug doesn't affect you, except in the sense that "it's not fair that I didn't get the gold when others did." You have no immediate reason to need to know what their decision is. They replied to my ticket because I needed to know whether I should open the crystals or not. They directly told me that I should not.
  • Danemo666Danemo666 Posts: 164 ★★
    Dukenpuke said:

Danemo666 said:

I must agree as all I have had so far is a generic reply back from support in which they had said that they didn't have any info on compensation at this time (which wasn't what I asked) and proceeded to direct me to the forums 🤷

I take it you're not one of the people that ended up with the 750 gold crystals. Right now, this bug doesn't affect you, except in the sense that "it's not fair that I didn't get the gold when others did." You have no immediate reason to need to know what their decision is. They replied to my ticket because I needed to know whether I should open the crystals or not. They directly told me that I should not.
    Actually yeah I did. I did the milestones then it got pulled. I hadn't claimed all the rewards, so currently it's all sitting in my rewards tab. I asked exactly the same question as to whether I could open them or not.
    edited January 2022
    Danemo666 said:

Actually yeah I did. I did the milestones then it got pulled. I hadn't claimed all the rewards, so currently it's all sitting in my rewards tab. I asked exactly the same question as to whether I could open them or not.

Interesting. Apparently I got the helpful Kabam rep then.
    WOLF_LINK said:

Coppin said:

I posted many times about this and got my posts taken down, i guess it was time till the people who got the 750 crystals made their point.
    Whats gonna happen to the rest of the players that didnt get rewarded by this bug?.. its not minor its over 4 million gold

I know people who got 7 millions from this Bug. Nothing will happen. The lucky people can keep them and it‘s over.
    They have unranked and de-ISOed champs before due to similar issues, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same here.
  • GrumrokGrumrok Posts: 64
    Think everyone forgot about this huge exploit by now, including Kabam not taking action against the abusers.

Feels bad man.

Grumrok said:

Think everyone forgot about this huge exploit by now, including Kabam not taking action against the abusers.

Feels bad man.

Not sure you can label people like me who were Johnny-on-the-spot at doing the X-Men event as "abusers." I had 750 greater gold crystals sitting in my inventory for 2 months before I gave up on waiting for a response and finally just opened them.