**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Iceman ability changed?

Is Iceman abilities changed or is it fixed now? Before update, the frostbite charges would deal damage continously and when timer expired, they would deal a bulk damage. Now no damage is done overtime as timer runs, only when a charge expires, does the damage happens.

Anyone else noticed difference in their Iceman?

Comments

• KandiwolfKandiwolf Posts: 35
    He seems fine to me
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    No problem here also
  • JOHNOSA1995JOHNOSA1995 Posts: 536 ★★
    dw07m3pdlsnx.png
  • ajax2888ajax2888 Posts: 47
    Ok but I did notice that before update as I would hit opponent, a charge was placed in normal hits which would drain health overtime. Now I am doing the same, charge appears with timer but no damage is done.

This happened with fighting Jane Foster. I thought her energy resistance was cancelling it out. But it is happening when fighting several other champions
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    ajax2888 wrote: »
    Ok but I did notice that before update as I would hit opponent, a charge was placed in normal hits which would drain health overtime. Now I am doing the same, charge appears with timer but no damage is done.

This happened with fighting Jane Foster. I thought her energy resistance was cancelling it out. But it is happening when fighting several other champions

No. Frostbite never had a damage over time effect. Only coldsnap
    i0y0sh93pf1b.png
    Ok it maybe coldsnap, but as you can see in screenshot, there are 2 charges on magneto, but no health is drained. I haven't used any specials just normal attacks.
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    Ok it maybe coldsnap, but as you can see in screenshot, there are 2 charges on magneto, but no health is drained. I haven't used any specials just normal attacks.

Everything is working as intended.

Then maybe it was broken earlier :p. The charges appear but only deal damage when I do coldsnap. It could be visual glitch.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 735 ★★★

Then maybe it was broken earlier :p. The charges appear but only deal damage when I do coldsnap. It could be visual glitch.

I am not sure what you are not understanding.
    Cold snap does damage over time and has nothing to do with frostbite.
    Frostbite only and has only ever done damage when it expires, either by the timer running out or hitting the opponent with a heavy.
    Stewman wrote: »

I am not sure what you are not understanding.
    Cold snap does damage over time and has nothing to do with frostbite.
    Frostbite only and has only ever done damage when it expires, either by the timer running out or hitting the opponent with a heavy.

I maybe be confused then, but I just want to know that without using any specials, charges show up with timer with normal attacks and do nothing and expire. Previously they used to drain health.

One other user reported the same problem (check comment 3)
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/33917/maintenance-what-was-done
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246
    Frostbite and cold snap are two different things. Cold snap is damage over time and is applied w/ a L1, L3 or at the start of a fight if duped. Frostbite charges are placed from crit hits (45%) and only do damage once they expire or you place a heavy, detonating all charges.
    Frostbite and cold snap are two different things. Cold snap is damage over time and is applied w/ a L1, L3 or at the start of a fight if duped. Frostbite charges are placed from crit hits (45%) and only do damage once they expire or you place a heavy, detonating all charges.

They are frostbite charges then. And they are behaving properly now. Before update, they were draining opponents health when timer was running out and would do a burst of damage at the end. Now they only deal damage on timer expiry. I think it was glitched before update or maybe it was behaving like that in my device. It was better that way.
  • Justice_Evo_8Justice_Evo_8 Posts: 213 ★★
    It wasn’t glitches before, I think you were just confused. I have had iceman since his first arena and I have used him in every aw since. Frostbite never dealty DOT. It was at the end or when you heavied your opponent. Cold snap is DOT and is on your opponent in the beginning of your fight and every time you fire a l1.
    Ok whatever it is. No need to extend this post anyways.
  • BapoiBapoi Posts: 995 ★★★
    Good Grief...
    Everyone is telling you the exact same thing:
    Cold Snap = Damage over Time, chipping away tick by tick.
    Frostbite = Damage stored, applied at expiration of the timer.

What you may have seen is the combination of the two, but Iceman has never applied damage during the timer of just Frostbite. Ever.
    It was not glitched. Just... not.
    Bapoi wrote: »
    Good Grief...
    Everyone is telling you the exact same thing:
    Cold Snap = Damage over Time, chipping away tick by tick.
    Frostbite = Damage stored, applied at expiration of the timer.

What you may have seen is the combination of the two, but Iceman has never applied damage during the timer of just Frostbite. Ever.
    It was not glitched. Just... not.

Nailed it. My Bad.
  • Jimmy_Utah83Jimmy_Utah83 Posts: 246

They are frostbite charges then. And they are behaving properly now. Before update, they were draining opponents health when timer was running out and would do a burst of damage at the end. Now they only deal damage on timer expiry. I think it was glitched before update or maybe it was behaving like that in my device. It was better that way.

No they didn't. Maybe you saw a few expiring while the timer was going down but I am positive this didn't happen. I have a 4/55 duped Iceman I use in every AQ/ AW and I never saw this.
  • SharkJawsSharkJaws Posts: 78
    if they did. i dont know what to say