**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Although the new featured 6* full is good, idk if it’s worth it

JoshKosh557JoshKosh557 Posts: 2,833 ★★★★★
Kitty pryde: recently maxed my duped 5*, and I would need to get her duped
Nimrod: great pull, will only be ranked after a few months since I have no tech stuff tho
Knull: would be very cool
Hit monkey: cool but already have him, would be a first time dupe
Yellowjacket: cool but don’t have the sigs for him
Doc oc: if I get him duped I would rank after a few months since I have no tech stuff
Black widow: used a 6* nexus to dupe her already and I gave her sigs
Cable: I don’t have a usable apocalypse, and this would be a dupe
Hawkeye: would be happy to r3 him
Wasp: would not complain
Dragon man: would be ranked after doom
Abomination: useless, this would be a dupe

Anti-Venom: cool but won’t be ranked
Sersi: cool but won’t be ranked
Ikarus: cool but won’t be ranked
Ghost rider: cool but won’t be ranked
Doctor voodoo: cool but won’t be ranked
Emma frost: cool but won’t be ranked
Punisher 2099: cool but won’t be ranked
Vision age off ultron: cool but won’t be ranked
OML: cool but won’t be ranked

Comments

• PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    For me it is
  • Knullvoid235Knullvoid235 Posts: 158
    It's worth it mainly because there are no meme tiers. Any pull is good here, very rare with featureds
  • TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,738 ★★★★★

Chikel said:

The point of this post being?

wondering if I'm missing something and I actually should go for it
    Best featured pool in a very long time.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    It's good because of the ration of memes/mediocre against good/very good/godlike/beyond god.

There are only three memes ( Abom, Vision and Taskmaster)

Two mediocre/meh/somewhat ok champs (Squirrel and YJ)

The rest are all good / very good/ godlike or beyond god. Those are some pretty darn good odds if you ask me... at the very least way better than your average featured.

• Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★

Chikel said:

They’re asking why should we care
  • PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,800 ★★★★★
    As much as it hurts to miss out on a chance at Hype, there just isn’t enough sub feat champs that justify spending an extra 5k per crystal. Last crystal had diablo, torch, vp, nebula, trags and others. Not to mention, there’s a lot of reruns.
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 733 ★★★
    Really hope this means that Abom, Vision and Tadkmaster are up for buffs. Nevertheless, for me this is the best featured crystal in a long time
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Depends on the player, I agree with op, I only care about Kitty and Nimrod from current featured, but that's a personal need/want/don't have of champs.
  • TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★

It's good because of the ration of memes/mediocre against good/very good/godlike/beyond god.

The rest are all good / very good/ godlike or beyond god. Those are some pretty darn good odds if you ask me... at the very least way better than your average featured.

Abom is valuable. His ability to inflict poison damage with RG synergy is nearly unmatched. It’s also an incredibly basic kit, which comes in handy for less skilled players.
  • It's good because of the ration of memes/mediocre against good/very good/godlike/beyond god.

Vision and YJ are okay? Lol. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think those are amazing pulls and I, for one, would love multiple dupes of them for me while im going for this featured.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,481 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    My main with over 110 6* would consider at least ~17 of the featured pulls additive.

The seven that wouldn’t be are either champs I’ve already awakened (Abom, Ock), champs I don’t particularly want (not naming them because that will guarantee they drop) or dupes of champs I don’t use regularly (TM, P99, Emma) but are still useful.

That’s a pretty solid crystal.

Dr. Zola
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian

Chikel said:

One thing to consider: we don't get to just pick whatever champs we want whenever we want. So when you have a champ at 5/65 already and you really like them, you might not need or want the 6* version today, but if you don't go after them today when are you ever going to get them? It is a hundred times easier to farm the resources to rank a champ you already have than to target that champ when you don't.

So in my opinion, the thing you might not be considering in the value of the featured crystal is the future. How many of those champs are champs you can't use today, but would be valuable to have in your roster in the future? How many are champs you wouldn't rank today, but if you don't pull them now you might never be able to rank tomorrow for a very long time. The champ, the cats and the sigs rarely all arrive at the same time. There are people who say "yeah, I mean Void is great, but he needs to be duped" when they pull him. But how can you dup him if you don't have him? Void is not a *useful* first time pull, but he is still a *great* first time pull because he can become a powerful champ eventually, and first time pulling him is the first step to that.

I think most of the players who should even be contemplating burning shards on the 6* featured crystal should be thinking about the future as much as the present. If someone isn't in a position to burn resources in part on future proofing their roster, I probably wouldn't recommend to most players to be burning all those extra resources on featured crystals in the first place.

That's just my opinion, of course. Ultimately whether to get the featured crystal or not is a personal choice.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    edited January 2022

Vision is a meme? Never takes long to remind me why I don't spend much time on the forum anymore.
    TyEdge said:

Abom is valuable. His ability to inflict poison damage with RG synergy is nearly unmatched. It’s also an incredibly basic kit, which comes in handy for less skilled players.

Vision and YJ are okay? Lol. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think those are amazing pulls and I, for one, would love multiple dupes of them for me while I'm going for this featured.
    I understand that Vision is useful because he's a pretty good power controller.. and yes he even has some pretty nice synergies here and there... but the problem is that there are better/higher damage/more added utility power controllers than him in the game. Warlock for example. So if I pull him I don't see myself using ranking resources on him, far too many better techs to use them on. For example, I have R1 War Machine that I'd rather rank over him.

Yes Abom is great if you pair with him with Red Guardian AND you have them BOTH duped AND HIGH SIG. .... and THAT's precisely the problem. Although Red Guardian is good, he needs max sig for me to consider ranking him up, and there's no way I would waste sig stones on RG (even less on Abom) over other Science champs such as CAIW or Mister Fantastic. So, the only reason one would rank an Abom if if you already have him duped and also a ranked , very high sig RG, if no there is no point. Besides I have R5 5* max sig ImmortalAbom and BWCV, as well as a R2 duped Diablo. These three fulfill all my poison apply/poison immune needs, no need at all foran Abom, not even if I had him duped. So that's why for me he's a meme.

About YJ being " just somewhat ok" well I guess I view him that way because I have a R3 Mister Fantastic and R2 Dock Ock that fulfill all my Power Sting needs. Duped R2 Shang Chi, SorcSupreme and SilverCent that fulfill all my Slow needs. And yes that passive damage nuclear meltdown mechanic he has is all nifty and all but correct me if I'm wrong, I doubt it really is a game changer in most content or agains most hard bosses so....

As @pseudosane says, it all boils down to "Beaty is in the eye of the Beholder" .....

• It's good because of the ration of memes/mediocre against good/very good/godlike/beyond god.

Vision is a meme? Never takes long to remind me why I don't spend much time on the forum anymore.
    TyEdge said:

Vision and YJ are okay? Lol. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I think those are amazing pulls and I, for one, would love multiple dupes of them for me while I'm going for this featured.
    I understand that Vision is useful because he's a pretty good power controller.. and yes he even has some pretty nice synergies here and there... but the problem is that there are better/higher damage/more added utility power controllers than him in the game. Warlock for example. So if I pull him I don't see myself using ranking resources on him, far too many better techs to use them on. For example, I have R1 War Machine that I'd rather rank over him.

Yes Abom is great if you pair with him with Red Guardian AND you have them BOTH duped AND HIGH SIG. .... and THAT's precisely the problem. Although Red Guardian is good, he needs max sig for me to consider ranking him up, and there's no way I would waste sig stones on RG (even less on Abom) over other Science champs such as CAIW or Mister Fantastic. So, the only reason one would rank an Abom if if you already have him duped and also a ranked , very high sig RG, if no there is no point. Besides I have R5 5* max sig ImmortalAbom and BWCV, as well as a R2 duped Diablo. These three fulfill all my poison apply/poison immune needs, no need at all foran Abom, not even if I had him duped. So that's why for me he's a meme.

About YJ being " just somewhat ok" well I guess I view him that way because I have a R3 Mister Fantastic and R2 Dock Ock that fulfill all my Power Sting needs. Duped R2 Shang Chi, SorcSupreme and SilverCent that fulfill all my Slow needs. And yes that passive damage nuclear meltdown mechanic he has is all nifty and all but correct me if I'm wrong, I doubt it really is a game changer in most content or agains most hard bosses so....

As @pseudosane says, it all boils down to "Beaty is in the eye of the Beholder" .....

I totally agree witht that statement.
    I can also wax eloquent about YJ in endgame content. I have 27 r3s and YJ is one of my most versatile champs i have. I wont post that here, unless you are curious about it.
    Vision is kind of a magik style powercontroller, unlike warlock who really needs willpower to have a similar effect.
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Posts: 1,770 ★★★★★
    @pseudosane I am honestly curious about him. I have a duped 6* and my other 2 6R3s are Thing and Mr Fantastic. If you want to create a new thread about YJ and post everything and anything you have on him, it would be even better.

I am open to ranking up champs outside of the tier lists, which I find largely irrelevant nowadays.