**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

How important do you think CGR’s awakened ability is?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,660 ★★★★
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Yesterday was CGR day on my account - duped my 5* R3 CGR and pulled him as a 6* also.

I had planned to rank the 6* as I’m now at the point where I only rank a 5* if they need max sig or if there is an extended period of time that I haven’t pulled the 6*. However, I’ve seen a few things that highlight how valuable CGR’s sig ability is.

Trying to decide which to rank. Have to play with CGR more before I’d feel good about ranking both. I also have several other viable rank ups right now in Cosmic so am not under pressure to rank him immediately. That said, I’m probably going to be focusing on the featured for a while vs. the basic pool, which reduces my chances of getting a natural dup on my 6* CGR any time soon.

How important do you think CGR’s awakened ability is? 63 votes

Rank 5* CGR awakened
6%
ChaosMax1012ZAHIDMALIK1588PiratePridePpatel1984 4 votes
Rank 6* unawakened
87%
ScnarfDrZolaBitterSteelheruheru511zuffySpeedbumpphillgreenStfckrevilKINGwilsonCat_MurdockLongshot_33causticRbk19Referencercm201710or_StrongScopeotoe987RookiieWine_Lover_Sham_ 55 votes
Neither - Wait a while and see if I dupe the 6*
6%
Foxhero007ThatGuyYouSaw235Cap366Batmanisbad 4 votes
Post edited by Kabam Valkyrie on

Comments

• SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,203 ★★★★★
    Rank 6* unawakened
    He is good at Sig 1. You'll dupe him some day.
    I do prefer him duped but don't invest in 5*.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Rank 6* unawakened
    I’d go with the 6* personally, even unduped he is a monstrous damage dealer with some nice utility, but the dupe is what gives him his unique edge for utility with buff and better heal control.

Think of it more as an investment for the future
  • Arbrowe91Arbrowe91 Posts: 33
    Rank 6* unawakened
    He doesn't need it it is nice but not needed
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    Rank 6* unawakened
    All that the sig does is add ad fate seal and such, which is nice because it will heal block as well as the power lock he already has. The scaling degen that also comes with the is ABSOLUTELY NEGLIGIBLE. Even at max sig it really doesn't matter because CGR does so much burst damage already that whatever DoT you with the regen does bot really matter at all. In fact, I'd even say that his sig can actually HURT CGR's utility because it means he becomes less useful on fights/nodes/bosses that punish putting DoT such as a Degen.

The only time I'd say CGR's sig is useful is if you are in a fight where you NEED the fate seal AND you need the DoT because the boss is armor break immune, for example. But even if this is the case, then it means that CGR is for sure not the best champ to bring to such fight. That is why you shouldn't care that much for the sig.

Besides, 6* are the future of the game man. Whatever ranking resource u invest in a 6* is a long term investment that will pay its real dividends later... whilst whatever u spend on a 5* is just a short term investment that will eventually be seen as a waste in hindsight.
  • ReferenceReference Posts: 2,899 ★★★★★
    Rank 6* unawakened
    I have both 5* (duped) /6* (unduped). Duped ability is nice to have but his unduped ability is already beyond god tier.
    In term of priority, rank up 6* 1st is my preference.
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    Neither - Wait a while and see if I dupe the 6*
    There has to be an Air-Walker somewhere on your roster
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Rank 5* CGR awakened
    Of course he doesn’t need his dupe. But i think he’s better overall than the 6* r2 unawakened to handle fights like mephisto, control the opponents power when doing his rotation, solid way to negate power gain, take more control of the fight. When you do heavy, power gain, vigilance into sp2, the sp2 wont give the opponent any power. So if you were to push the opponent to an sp3, could get the degen up and shoot your own special without worries. Find it more effective personally, it’s a really underrated piece of utility CGR has.

Same thing with CAIW. Does he need the dupe? No, but he gains some nice utility to deal with even more fights and is more equipped to deal with other matchups, making the dupe worthwhile. You’ll dupe your 6* eventually but it’s not like the 5* doesn’t have any value till then. Have a 6* unawakened CGR too, with a r5 sig 200 5* CGR. The dupe has put in some work when clearing act 6 and other difficult content, made fights faster, like if an opponent was getting regen, i could negate it and nuke them down with my sp2. Would test the same fight using the 6 and 5* doing the same rotation, see which one is faster: more effective and go from there.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,083 ★★★★★
    Rank 5* CGR awakened

Of course he doesn’t need his dupe. But i think he’s better overall than the 6* r2 unawakened to handle fights like mephisto, control the opponents power when doing his rotation, solid way to negate power gain, take more control of the fight. When you do heavy, power gain, vigilance into sp2, the sp2 wont give the opponent any power. So if you were to push the opponent to an sp3, could get the degen up and shoot your own special without worries. Find it more effective personally, it’s a really underrated piece of utility CGR has.

Same thing with CAIW. Does he need the dupe? No, but he gains some nice utility to deal with even more fights and is more equipped to deal with other matchups, making the dupe worthwhile. You’ll dupe your 6* eventually but it’s not like the 5* doesn’t have any value till then. Have a 6* unawakened CGR too, with a r5 sig 200 5* CGR. The dupe has put in some work when clearing act 6 and other difficult content, made fights faster, like if an opponent was getting regen, i could negate it and nuke them down with my sp2. Would test the same fight using the 6 and 5* doing the same rotation, see which one is faster: more effective and go from there.

Sorry not the power lock, forgot he had that unawakened as well. Heal block mainly.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Rank 6* unawakened
    I have a duped 6r2 that came less than a couple of months after taking taking unduped 5* to lvl65

Routinely bring and use both unless there is a good reason not to.

Dont really have a preference (I'm not that committed so I rarely use every piece of utility in any champs kit) but if heal block is the criteria for taking the duped version, I'd use a genuine heal block champ.