**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Journey to ThroneBreaker Challenge

Comments

• Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    Psylocke was my first 6* so I have a major soft spot for her. She’s even more amazing with apoc. Congrats on all the amazing pulls, you have incredible luck!
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Jon111 said:

Posting here because it's more likely to be answered by kind people like @BitterSteel (who already answered me about 6.4.1 some time ago).

I'm going to attempt 6.4.6 in a few days. I will take the cosmic path, using Doom (although the tenacity node looks nasty). I should be able to do the whole lane with him, so I have to decide who else to put on the team to fight the GM. Cap IW is decent for that fight, so he is in. But I am not so sure about others. Hyperion might be good, but he's at r4, and does he do anything in that fight that Doom can't?

Any tips?

In the future you should make your own post to ask this question, but since you’re here. I’d take caiw, doom, stealthy, hit-monkey, and the other one is your preference because you don’t have another obvious choice. Good luck
    Respectable week for the amount of time you were able to put in, bittersteel. Looking forward to more.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Jon111 said:

Posting here because it's more likely to be answered by kind people like @BitterSteel (who already answered me about 6.4.1 some time ago).

I'm going to attempt 6.4.6 in a few days. I will take the cosmic path, using Doom (although the tenacity node looks nasty). I should be able to do the whole lane with him, so I have to decide who else to put on the team to fight the GM. Cap IW is decent for that fight, so he is in. But I am not so sure about others. Hyperion might be good, but he's at r4, and does he do anything in that fight that Doom can't?

Any tips?

It's hard to say for GM because generally it's how good you fight rather than who you use. There are obviously some champs better than others, but mostly I'd say look at the fight on youtube.

As for specific champs in your roster I can see that'll be good. I think kingpin if you have willpower will be nice for sustainability and can help you through the fight. Hit Monkey is great for his guaranteed crit damage in wounded phase. Same with Stealthy (high crit rate). Brush up on reversed controls if you can, I believe there's a lane in the sentinel quest of act 6.1. If not, as Josh said, Prof x can be really useful there.

Awesome progress @BitterSteel very jealous of ur psylocke and gl on masters

Thank you! Yeah I'm looking forward to using her in content, and to finish my masters!

Damn dude, haven't checked this thread for a couple of weeks and now reading it seeing all the progress you have made! Damn you have some crazy skills! And your luck too!

Glad you're checking back in! And thank you for the kind words haha
  • IcyCoolDudeDoodleIcyCoolDudeDoodle Posts: 587 ★★
    Sorry about not checking back, 14th was my Birthday and in India it is also Pongal. BTW Ghost, Awakening Ægon, Psylocke, Sentinel? Your Luck is out of the charts!
  • IcyCoolDudeDoodleIcyCoolDudeDoodle Posts: 587 ★★
    Also hope that your Masters went well...

Whew, no updates for a while :disappointed:

Yes I know! you may have missed it but unfortunately I'm very busy with my masters at the moment and my deadline is coming up on Friday! After a day of writing my report, I can't think of much worse than writing a big update :D

I will likely save my update for a week on Thursday - that's the 3rd of February - meaning I'll do one big update on Week 18 (Jan 13th-20th), Week 19 (Jan 20th-27th) and Week 20 (Jan 27th-Feb 3rd).

Don't worry, you're not really missing out on much, I've had very little time to do much on the account. Mainly just logging in and using energy. I'm glad you're invested and missing it though, and I can't wait to get back into it!
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Should I give 6.3.1 to 6.3.6 completion a go?

My champs are:
    Rank 5 5-Stars
    Doom Sig 200
    KP Sig 200
    Anti-Venom Sig 125
    Venom Sig 200
    Apoc Sig 50
    Stryfe Sig 20
    Hype Sig 20
    HT unduped
    Wolverine Sig 180
    Carnage Sig 20

Rank 2 6-Stars
    Silver Centurion unduped
    Colossus unduped

Rank 4 5-Stars
    Nick Sig 20
    Starky Sig 100
    Omega Red Sig 20
    Crossbones unduped
    Venompool unduped
    Guillotine 2099 unduped

Also got Rank 1 6-star
    Ghost
    CMM
    Sassy

No Suicide masteries,
    Got 1k Units
    20 revives

Edit: Or should I wait til I rank 5 Omega Red, G2099, Starky & Nick?

Almost forgot, I also got Rank 3 5-Star KM Sig 100 and an Unduped 5-Star Prof X for reverse controls come 6.4.6 fight which by that time I reached the quest he'll probably be r5.

My champs are:
    Rank 5 5-Stars
    Doom Sig 200
    KP Sig 200
    Anti-Venom Sig 125
    Venom Sig 200
    Apoc Sig 50
    Stryfe Sig 20
    Hype Sig 20
    HT unduped
    Wolverine Sig 180
    Carnage Sig 20

Rank 2 6-Stars
    Silver Centurion unduped
    Colossus unduped

Rank 4 5-Stars
    Nick Sig 20
    Starky Sig 100
    Omega Red Sig 20
    Crossbones unduped
    Venompool unduped
    Guillotine 2099 unduped

Also got Rank 1 6-star
    Ghost
    CMM
    Sassy

No Suicide masteries,
    Got 1k Units
    20 revives

Almost forgot, I also got Rank 3 5-Star KM Sig 100 and an Unduped 5-Star Prof X for reverse controls come 6.4.6 fight which by that time I reached the quest he'll probably be r5.

@SHIELD4AGENT I would suggest that you should rank 5 nick so that he does better against the do you bleed Medusa and then go for completion.
  • 13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,390 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Thank you @BitterSteel for this challenge
    you inspired me to make My 1st mini account unfortunately I'm not TB on my main I'll be doing a journey to cav coming this next week
  • SHIELD4AGENTSHIELD4AGENT Posts: 915 ★★★★
    Should I give 6.3 completion a go?
    My champs are
    5*
    Will3808 said:

My champs are:
    Rank 5 5-Stars
    Doom Sig 200
    KP Sig 200
    Anti-Venom Sig 125
    Venom Sig 200
    Apoc Sig 50
    Stryfe Sig 20
    Hype Sig 20
    HT unduped
    Wolverine Sig 180
    Carnage Sig 20

Rank 2 6-Stars
    Silver Centurion unduped
    Colossus unduped

Rank 4 5-Stars
    Nick Sig 20
    Starky Sig 100
    Omega Red Sig 20
    Crossbones unduped
    Venompool unduped
    Guillotine 2099 unduped

Also got Rank 1 6-star
    Ghost
    CMM
    Sassy

No Suicide masteries,
    Got 1k Units
    20 revives

@SHIELD4AGENT I would suggest that you should rank 5 nick so that he does better against the do you bleed Medusa and then go for completion.
    thanks for the suggestion mate, but I already tried 6.3 and Archangel took care of Medusa 🙂
    I brought Doom, AA, Carnage, Nick and IMIW in 6.3.1 took the Mesmerize path AA did all the work except the Ultron where IMIW did a great job just doing repulsor hits to ignore evade, Doom for the Annihilus and BB.

Will start 6.3.5 after this next war.
    Overview
    Right. Report finished, holiday over and ready for a 4 week update. I know it's been a while, so even though the current week 21 doesn't end until Thursday I'm going to post it now (as I know that I'm not going to be doing anything other than revive farming for the rest of the week). The first half of the update is definitely shorter due to my report and holiday. There is a lot to get through, so lets get into it!

Week 18
    I had some revives expiring, and didn't feel like some hard content like 6.4 with my report going on, so I decided to take my newly ranked up villain team to go for variant 6 completion. Venom, sentinel and Apoc were amazing for it!

As for completion rewards, I pulled this goddess from the 5* crystal..

I do really want to rank her up, but with only ~60 sigs, it's not worth it just yet. If I pull an Odin that may change though! I also got another 4-5 mystic gem, with no mystics I want to rank up right now! Useful for later though.

I had some T5B expiring which was a bit of a panic, but I decided to use them up on a bit of a wildcard, Guillotine. I know it's almost like asking for rank down tickets on the forum, but I'm actually enjoying using her - though that's from the perspective of a progressing player.

Week 19
    I did the side quest for that week, and got...

..a 5* Karnak, potentially could use a 6* but the 5* isn't gonna be getting ranked.

I got some T5CC from the side quest too which is nice to keep it ticking over.

From the variant 6, side quest and Cav EQ I formed another 6* Crystal and finally got some luck worthy of MCOC

I probably deserve it.

I got a nice trollover from a 5* Crystal too

Herc clearly would have been amazing, but Heimdall is still so incredibly useful for act 6 and 7, definitely a great pull.

Week 20
    Now I was back from holiday, I could really get moving..

First few days of this week, I decided to just go for it. It was time to do 6.4.

Colossus was clearly my MVP for it, he was on every single team for every quest and he was such a help.

6.4.1 was a breeze, I went the powershield/bane path and that bane does some beefy damage, a few seconds can take half your life. But a mutant power booster and Colossus's sp2 on powershield is just too easy. Colossus also took care of the Iceman boss, stun immune takes away some of Colossus' damage, but not enough to stop it being a cakewalk.

6.4.2 has a very simple completion path, long distance relationship with a tricky domino to watch out for - once you're past her it's an easy time. Sentinel and Apoc sorted out the Domino, and Colossus handled the rest of the path. The Thor Rags boss went down easily enough with Colossus leading the way, Apoc took the first 10% and Colossus cleaned up the rest.

6.4.3 was a little tougher, starting to present a real challenge. I decided to go for the Clapback path, Torch utterly wrecks most of it with his constant smoulder build up, Colossus joined the team, along with War Machine being needed for a poison inflicting Vision Classic, and Sorcerer being brought (ultimately in vain) for a Vision Aarkus for whom I ended up using Colossus anyway. The footloose Dormammu was humiliated by Torch, and the Darkhawk boss went down mindbogglingly easily with Colossus - who I only intended to throw at the boss for some damage, and I ended up getting the Solo! I finished on 1% health, so it was definitely a nail biter.

6.4.4 I went the energy adoption fire/ icarus path, which went well with Torch/apoc and colossus all being immune. Masacre threw a curve ball by doing damage to me any time I was immune which was not fun, but the rest of the path was fine. Cap Marvel went down easily with sorcerer.

6.4.5 I went for the lionheart, arc overload path which was simple enough. No major road blocks with Colossus. The Hydra adaptoid was a hard fight, Sorcerer was my only real option, and since he's armour break immune it was a long long fight. I used 4 or 5 revives, and one of my longest runs was a few hundred hits, just using the slow rune for Sp3 and spamming sp1 to deal with Vigor.

6.4.6 I always forget what a fun fight Grandmaster is, I genuinely love it. I decided to take the Inflation linked node down, which means GM has 30% attack rating increase for each token I have, but my token attack increase is now 50% increased. High risk, high reward. The path I went was masochism as the main challenge, so I brought Colossus + omega, Apoc, Psylocke and Torch. There were a few tough tech opponents, so Pyslocke shut down P2099 and Mysterio, Torch took Dormammu, the others handled the rest, and I needed to throw revives at a Warlock mini boss.

Grandmaster was slaughtered in a couple revives by Colossus, once I got into a rhythm there was no chance for him. I got a truly amazing bout of luck in one wounded phase where I got 4 or 5 crits in a row - with Colossus' crit rate!

As for the rewards, I got a nice surprise from the Cavs!

I have quite a strong Tech roster, so not sure if he'll be ranked any time soon but nice to have for sure!

I got a double Cosmic Catastrophe from the 5*s

The nexus 5* was pretty nice..

And while I know quake was the best option, and SC was a second best, I actually chose BPCW just in case he gets a buff. I categorically do not want to be quaking through any content, and while Centurion is awesome, I'd want him awakened and high sig, and even then - I don't know if I'd rank him up with my other tech champs. So BPCW it is.

As for the 6*, as if he hadn't shown up enough in my roster...

Ugh.

I got a skill and a science 3-4 gem which are always nice for future.

I selected Mutant from the T5CC, up to 78% of the full cat now! And with 6.4 done, that's one of the requirements for TB done! Once I form the Cat, I'll just need to get to level 60 to become Thronebreaker! (but remember that I am going to keep pushing to complete enough content to have guaranteed myself TB if my Mutant RNG hadn't been quite as good!)

I then moved onto the side quest, where we had a 5* gem and nexus up for grabs! From the gem, I got a mutant (which of course brought a little grumble about having used a generic on Omega but ah well), I kinda want to use it on Apoc just for the silver stars, but a potential Kitty Pryde is holding me back from it!

The nexus gave me an interesting choice

Thor Rags would be cool, but doesn't bring much utility for me, VP is awesome and personally I much prefer him to Venom, but as I already have him ranked up - VP won't do much for me. Peni is a lot of fun, and the incinerate/poison immunity is very useful. Again, my tech roster is pretty strong, but who knows, maybe she will fill a hole.

I got a 5* and formed a 6* from the side quest next

Likely won't be ranked, but cool champ to have.

Now onto the 6*...

Interesting, I don't particularly need a mutant damage champ, but I do have sasquatch and there is definitely potential there at some point. And look at that sandwich, Herc and Spidey… wow.

The last thing I did this week was a big one...

I went for 7.1 completion, to save this update from being any longer than it has to (and since act 7 generally isn't as difficult as act 6) I won't go through path by path in each quest, but I will highlight the bosses/any interesting moments. If anyone is going through 7.1, please ask if you are curious on which path I went, I'd be happy to share tips/teams for it!

For 7.1.1 I got a great solo of the BWCV footloose, prey on the week boss with Torch, I got cornered at one point which was stressful!

7.1.2 Venom with foresight and Chitinous thorns just is a wrapped up gift for Colossus. So many armour buffs from the bleed immunity being triggered, and huge damage from foresight.

7.1.3 The red hulk boss with Buffet presented a real challenge, I decided to bring Hawkeye and try and overcome the damage, unable to block, I could use foresight as a damage boost for my SP3 crit bleeds, which helped tick down Rhulk, the Sp1 power drain then let me control the fight and stop myself having to bait too many specials. A solid, if lengthy, solo.

7.1.4 Not really much to say here, Hela was an easy boss with Colossus and heavy assault.

7.1.5 The Night-Carnage boss initially stumped me, I didn't have any shock immune champs - but then I remembered that Apoc's poison would stop the energy adoption lightning from triggering in the first place. Ended up being a very solid solo!

7.1.6 wow, next time someone asks you if you've had a long fight, just remember this Gwenperion. Do not use a R3 sentinel for it, I'm surprised I'm still not doing it today! As my only option, and weighing up which path to go, I decided to go for Gwenperion, and had to use sentinel for it. I'll let the post-fight screen speak for itself..

But after all that, I felt very much happy with the rewards. I got a mutant 6* 1-2 gem, which is pretty cool - I may end up using that for Psylocke if I can dig some ISO up for her. I pulled a skill 25%, which is cool! And then, as if to go with it, this was my 6*!

Definitely glad I didn't invest in the 5* now, that's a really cool pull. Definitely a huge fan of her!

Week 21
    Now for the final week of this month long update. I told you guys there was a lot to get through, and I think I felt after a couple of slower weeks for the challenge that I wanted to push on, so here is 7.2 completion as well!

As with 7.1, I won't go into path details, but again if you would like to know my paths and advice please don't hesitate to ask!

7.2.1 I went for the moleman boss, with foresight, Colossus made short work of him. Just had to make sure I avoided the unstoppable on timer.

7.2.2 Tigra is the simplest boss here, Colossus isn't the best though, since prey on the week hurts him. But I still got a good chunk off her, and finished off with Torch

7.2.3 Hit Monkey was the target in this quest, heavy assault means Colossus does some mean damage - but life cycle can definitely be a pain. I managed to line up an Sp3 with a heavy attack to finish the fight.

7.2.4 Man Thing was a really tough one to go for in the end, and I chose totally the wrong team for it. I missed the high energy diet node and tried to use torch, which went... bad. As a result, Hulk Rags was my only other option (I had him for the slumber/size matters path), and after a couple hundred hit fights Man Thing went down. I definitely should have restarted, but I let my stubbornness get in the way!

7.2.5 Platpool with Smorsgabord is a pretty easy time to be honest, Torch manages it fine with the amount of debuffs he can apply. He went down easily

7.2.6 Now for Gwenmaster, again, such a great fight! I went for the path that doesn't give her any nodes, obviously Juiced up would have been the best node for her, but that path would probably have cost me more revives than the other one, so I made the call to make the path easier - probably the right choice with hindsight, as Gwen isn't that difficult overall.

As for the fight itself, Colossus took a big chunk, Guilly does great for these boss fights by doing a massive amount of damage to them and healing up, and Apoc did nicely as well. After a few revives, Colossus closed out the fight!

Lastly, the rewards!
    I got a tech 1-2 gem, which could go for Doc Oc again if I get some ISO for him. I also got cosmic 25% T5CC, unfortunately not mutant for a Colossus R3! Cosmic doesn't really do anything for me right now, with only Nova as a 6* Cosmic.

As for the 6*, I finally get another champ from my most wanted list!! This absolute beauty..

Such a fun looking champ, I don't have him on my main as a 6*, so have never really used him on offence so here is my chance! From my (limited) understanding the dupe and high sig seems to help a lot with his combat power rate. But he seems to have a lot of utility I can use, interested to find out more! At the very least, his synergies and pre fights are awesome as support value, so that's an amazing (dare I say, fantastic) pull.

And that finishes up the overview. A big Ol' update, and a lot of progress made.

Notable Pulls
    Angela 5* Awakening
    Karnak 5*
    Heimdall 5*
    Warlock 5*
    Nova 5*
    Captain Marvel 5*
    Black Panther Civil War 5*
    Peni Parker 5*
    Havok 5*
    Sabretooth 6*
    Nova 6*
    Nightcrawler 6*
    Elsa Bloodstone 6*
    Mr Fantastic 6*

Notable Rank ups
    Apocalypse to Rank 5
    Guillotine to Rank 2

Content Completed
    6.4 Completion
    7.1 Completion
    7.2 Completion
    Side Quest week 3 and 4

Most Wanted Champions
    With 7.3 coming up, there aren't really specific champs I need, I think my current roster can probably handle a path per quest and a boss for each one. But there are always some champs that would be helpful/cool to get. Funnily enough, I'm going to be using my own guide for it, and I never really imagined I'd get to this point! I started this challenge a couple of weeks before 7.3 dropped, and now 4 months later, I'm at that point. Anyway, onto the champions..

Skill - Jabari Panther: Now that I have Elsa, those two champs go really well together with great synergies for each other. Jabari is a great champ, and I could do with a strong debuff shrugger for when Elsa can't deal with damaging debuffs.

Science - Miles Morales : I am tempted to say a Mr F dupe, but this section is mostly focussed on new champs. Miles would be amazing to cheese all of those unblockable nodes in 7.3, he was an MVP on my main for sure.

Mystic - Hood: I am very close to saying Tigra here, but I think most know how amazing she is, and I want to keep this section away from the top, top champs if I can. So I'm going with Hood, he has a lot of damage, and some great buff control, which I could actually really do with. Sorcerer is great, but her buff control is an added benefit, not her main role.

Cosmic - King Groot: I've been thinking about it, and I really think I would use my cosmic 5* gem on King Groot. I have enough sigs to make it worth it, and I would love to give him a try, as I only have him unduped on my main.

Tech - PsychoMan: With 4 great tech champs ranked up, and Peni and Warlock vying for my materials, tech is a hard one to pick - but PsychoMan and his buff next month has me excited. I always had a soft spot for him, and on paper his AI manipulation, power control and heal block seems incredible - hopefully his buff tweaks things enough to transform that potential into realistic gameplay!

Mutant - Emma Frost: Again, I've kinda got all the mutants I need right now, it's easily my strongest class. So a synergy for Colossus is what I want!

T5CC Tracker

I am now up to 166% total of T5CC across my 6 classes, which means an average of 28% per class. This is a huge milestone, because it means that if my RNG was awful and I had exactly 28% per class, I could guarantee Thronebreaker by getting 3 selectors and choosing the same class. So what this means, is that now to finish the challenge, all I need to do is complete 7.3 for one selector, explore 7.1 for the second selector, and explore 7.2 for the third selector. This may change when 7.4 gets released, as there will almost definitely be a selector or two in completion, so it may be worth waiting for that! Especially since I need to push energy levels anyway!

While 7.1 and 7.2 exploration may not be necessary depending on 7.4 difficulty/rewards, I will definitely be going for 7.3 completion in the coming weeks though, so stay tuned!

Plan for Next Week
    Next update will come on Thursday the 17th, at the end of Week 22, I'm mostly going to be revive farming. But Feb events start in a couple of days, so I'll hopefully have a Cav EQ completion, and a bit of side quest done! Maybe some incursions too, which I've been slacking on a bit.

At the end of Week 18 19 20 21 this is what the roster looks like

I've been hunting for Centurion you make me sad :'(
    Also, you have cable
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,923 ★★★★★
    Just beat Grandmaster yesterday. Now just have to get to lvl 60. Already have Mutant and Cosmic t5cc
  • Scarcity27Scarcity27 Posts: 1,906 ★★★★★
    Congrats! Your alt has officially surpassed my main!

Also, you've got crazy insane skills! 900 hits, I can't even.
    Congrats @BitterSteel
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    so...much...progress....

Ton of progress was made, wait was worth it

I'm glad to hear it! Hoping to get back, and keep, to the weekly schedule now