**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

anti venom

_hbtygbty423__hbtygbty423_ Posts: 546 ★★
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips
is anti venom any good?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 ★★★★★
    yes
  • I'm loving him
  • Pseudo_19Pseudo_19 Posts: 396 ★★
    @ThatGuyYouSaw235 @GinjabredMonsta could you please explain how he is good, I don’t see any useful utility besides immunities. All his debuffs are a weak percentage that don’t do much. His damage is only good with his sp2 but then you sacrifice all those debuffs you worked so hard to get up?
  • It's very similar to venom.

Venom is a ramp up character. You can use s1 and s3 without messing the ramp up process, but using the sp2 will convert all the ramp up buffs in furies, in order to get more damage for a couple of seconds.

Anti-Venom is pretty much the same. He ramps up during the fight in a different way, and via applying debuffs to the opponent. You can use sp1 and sp3 without sacrificing the ramp up (sp3 increases it actually), but using your sp2 will convert the debuffs in to furies. Just like venom, although anti-venom furies are 3x more potent and last 2x longer.

Both have increase buff/debuff potency via their sig ability as well.

Venom has easy access to DoT via his bleeds. Anti-venom has instant rupture damage on every hit 15 seconds after using sp1.

Their heavy attacks simply apply 1 debuff to the opponent. Venom is armor break, anti-venom is a stagger.

Now for Venom, his buffs aren't that relevant, apart from specific areas or just to increase the damage a bit. Anti-venom debuffs provide some utility, so there's that.

Also Anti-Venom has 2x nice immunities to go alongside him

Thanks maw, couldn't have explained that much or as good even if I wanted to. Also. Anti-v had a synergy with AV that causes opponents to take 40% of modified attack as physical dmg when inflicted with a genetic memory debuff
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    I ranked 3 my 6* almost immediately when I pulled him. Nothing like 150k+ SP2s on 500k health opponents 😂
  • ItsDamien said:

I ranked 3 my 6* almost immediately when I pulled him. Nothing like 150k+ SP2s on 500k health opponents 😂

Same here!
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★
    He is amazing but needs sig 200
  • He is amazing but needs sig 200

Does he really? I have the ability to get mine to sig 140 if I wanted to, and I see at sig 200 he regens 65% dmg, but the scaling seems awful till you cross the 100 threshold.
  • GrassKnucklesGrassKnuckles Posts: 1,922 ★★★★★

He is amazing but needs sig 200

Does he really? I have the ability to get mine to sig 140 if I wanted to, and I see at sig 200 he regens 65% dmg, but the scaling seems awful till you cross the 100 threshold.
    Well high sig at least
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,203 ★★★★★
    I like to thanks kabam for not including s99 synergy on the 4* version of anti-venom. Who would want a synergy from a 4* pfffttt...

Waiting for the next 5* featureds impatiently
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I just pulled Anti-Venom. He is pretty fun to use.

It is strange how he is like a weird Void/Apoc hybrid - incinerate immunity, permanent debuffs, ability to choose which debuff to apply, petrify access, evade counter over time access, and big SP2 damage - while also being mechanically a mirror of Venom.

My main question is, Is the Signature ability, and high sig, really all that necessary?

I'm seeing a Regen that depends on you getting hit (which is never the goal), and increased potency to debuffs whose strength doesn't really seem to matter. High sig seems mainly to be for Sustainability.

I get that 50% (at 50 combo) increase potency of Spectre, Disorient, and Decelerate is nice to have, but is the main benefit that you can now have a mix of debuffs instead of stacking one debuff type?

I am always confused by Potency math, but for example, does this mean instead of stacking 3 Decelerates (33% reduction each) to ensure 99% reduction in Evade/Unstoppable, you can instead stack 2 Decelerates (33*150%*2) for similar Evade/Unstoppable reduction and now have 2 free Debuffs to use on any of the other utilities?
  • magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    altavista said:

I get that 50% (at 50 combo) increase potency of Spectre, Disorient, and Decelerate is nice to have, but is the main benefit that you can now have a mix of debuffs instead of stacking one debuff type?

I am always confused by Potency math, but for example, does this mean instead of stacking 3 Decelerates (33% reduction each) to ensure 99% reduction in Evade/Unstoppable, you can instead stack 2 Decelerates (33*150%*2) for similar Evade/Unstoppable reduction and now have 2 free Debuffs to use on any of the other utilities?

Yes