**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Timeline to punish obvious gifting abusers?

TreininTreinin Posts: 208 ★★★
Hey all,

I understand you need info from your partners, but I was wondering if there was an approximate timeline when we might see action against some of the people who clearly abused the gifting event and bought third party crystals?

It is very clear for anyone to see that there was rampant abuse looking at those people with 3 or 4 rank 4 6*s that didn't rank in the top solo event, or an alliance that shall remain nameless that has many people with multiple R4s but didn't even place in the top 200 alliances.

I think most of us (except of course the offenders) are hoping to actually see some action considering how blatant it was, and the serious competitive advantage these players are getting from having violated the TOS. I am hopeful you are working on it, just wondering if we should be expecting something in the next couple weeks, or if this is expected to take a lot longer to sort out. Every day that goes by without them being punished is hurting alliances that played by the rules.

Comments

• GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★

Just me that thinks those with multiple r4s in their profile is normal they didn't rank high in top rank rewards?

Doesn't make sense to use all their money on alt and gift themselves instead of finding someone able to trade thousands of ggcs with?

Am I missing something?

Because then there had to spend more let said there had 5 or more alt with is possible
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

I imagine it'll be a few months so that the abusers don't refund any transactions after getting banned

That's a sweet power play.
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

Just me that thinks those with multiple r4s in their profile is normal they didn't rank high in top rank rewards?

Doesn't make sense to use all their money on alt and gift themselves instead of finding someone able to trade thousands of ggcs with?

Am I missing something?

Some may credit card fraud or any type of fraud on many ALT accounts to feed their main account without the fear of main account being banned !

• DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

You're in for a rude awakening if you're actually expecting anything meaningful to happen. This isn't the first and won't be the last time that people have benefited massively from undercutting 3rd party sellers with zero consequence.

People have been detected and punished in the past, and I'm quite certain this is also happening for this event, but of course if all fraud was detected and punished, there'd be no fraud in the world.
    I think people are expecting 100's or 1000's of people to be banned or something when it's probably way, way, way less than that.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,557 Guardian

DNA3000 said:

You're in for a rude awakening if you're actually expecting anything meaningful to happen. This isn't the first and won't be the last time that people have benefited massively from undercutting 3rd party sellers with zero consequence.

People have been detected and punished in the past, and I'm quite certain this is also happening for this event, but of course if all fraud was detected and punished, there'd be no fraud in the world.
    I think people are expecting 100's or 1000's of people to be banned or something when it's probably way, way, way less than that.
    Because fraud bans are less likely to happen in ban waves, we're unlikely to ever know how many accounts were banned for fraudulent activity.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,866 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

DNA3000 said:

Because fraud bans are less likely to happen in ban waves, we're unlikely to ever know how many accounts were banned for fraudulent activity.
    Only way we'd ever know is if we see one of those top account have their R4's removed or they stop logging in. But yes, we'll never know, just like in the past years.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,557 Guardian

Am I missing something?

I can think of a few things. First, find someone online you're willing to trade ten thousand dollars of stuff with. You go first.

Alternatively, do what everyone else does when they have to trade outside their circle of friends. You send one, then they send one back. Then you send two, and they send two back. And six hours later, you've traded a few hundred crystals. You might need to hire someone to execute all the trades for you.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

For sure. Most of those people have not been and will not be the people that other people expect and want to be punished. Those same people are still absolutely buying third party sellers items and absolutely will not have any consequences.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,152 ★★★★★
    If that’s your case, it’s weak. At best.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,193 ★★★★★
    The Witch Hunt continues.
  • LordPSNLordPSN Posts: 799 ★★★★
    There were no gifting event abuse this time!
    Stop going for witch hunt when there's nothing in reality!
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    jdeck59 said:

ChriissR said:

People clearly don't understand how gifting works with the people at the top. You load up units on an ALT account to gift your main. This way, you don't rely on other people in order to open crystals. Just because people have multiple R4s, doesn't mean they cheated lol

That's definitely not how gifting works "at the top". You either spend loads of money trading with people you know or in the case of this year, buy a ton of discounted items from 3rd party sellers that either bottled or merced loads of units from masses of accounts. Go ahead and either keep pretending you know how it works or trying to deflect what's actually done if you're involved in it though.
    This is correct. At the top level, people are sending people money in return for GGC at a discounted price. This is not against the rules. The mercs they get the units from might use fraudulent means to load up their units, but if they are having these GGCs sent to their account there is nothing Kabam can do.
    Sorry to break it to you but sending people money for items is absolutely against the rules. The main issue there however is being able to actually prove anything which is why nothing ever happens to them.
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,386 ★★★★
    Why would they ? If those people have such severe addiction to this game they are willing to spend actual real life money just for someone to send them gifts chances are they are spending real money on the game as well so why would Kabam sabotage their own profitable cows they could milk for who knows how long
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★

The Witch Hunt continues.

What witch hunt? Asking for people to be held accountable to rules is a witch hunt? Explain, or go away.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    As @Worknprogress aptly said, it's against TOS to use 3rd party sellers. Oh yeah, didnt mean to, had no idea, paid $10 for $100 worth of stuff, what, who me? You cheated, you might not get caught, but if you do, stfu.