**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unofficial: Beta Ray Bill or Quicksilver

Comments

• ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Beta Ray Bill

Ricosco said:

Anyone but Agatha please, the fact she got more votes than kushala just shows how many players actually don't know anything about the comics or anything beyond what they see on TV 😔

I mean is that a problem?
    Agatha was amazing in the tv series and she is a fan favorite character now. If more people voted for her over Kushala, it just means that the majority wanted her over Kushala and it would be better for the playerbase if she entered the contest.

It’s a problem because some people like gate keeping acceptable reasons for voting champions. Apparently, liking the MCU isn’t a good enough reason to vote a character according to some superior comic book fans.
    It’s a contest between netflix and fubo. We all know who’s picking what, and it’s fully catered towards those who like netflix more anyway, so why make a vote between the 2? Agathas too basic for me but if all these champs had their MCU version and she still won, cool. Atleast they all had their shot. But it’s whatever, rocket raccoon woulda beaten the female ghost rider too if he weren’t in the game, and he’s a damn raccoon, but the MCU visualizes him better than what the text can, making for more people to vote him.
  • TelbertTelbert Posts: 20
    Quicksilver
    I love Bill but he'll just be similar to champions we already have in the game, Quicksilver brings something new to the contest
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    Beta Ray Bill
    Skiddy212 said:

QUICKSILVER ANIMATIONS WILL BE SUPERIOR!!!!!

JUST look at mister negatives dash back animation and enjoy. Let beta Ray bill own the Odin power
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Beta Ray Bill

Ricosco said:

Anyone but Agatha please, the fact she got more votes than kushala just shows how many players actually don't know anything about the comics or anything beyond what they see on TV 😔

Agatha was amazing in the tv series and she is a fan favorite character now. If more people voted for her over Kushala, it just means that the majority wanted her over Kushala and it would be better for the playerbase if she entered the contest.

It’s a problem because some people like gate keeping acceptable reasons for voting champions. Apparently, liking the MCU isn’t a good enough reason to vote a character according to some superior comic book fans.
    It’s a contest between netflix and fubo. We all know who’s picking what, and it’s fully catered towards those who like netflix more anyway, so why make a vote between the 2? Agathas too basic for me but if all these champs had their MCU version and she still won, cool. Atleast they all had their shot. But it’s whatever, rocket raccoon woulda beaten the female ghost rider too if he weren’t in the game, and he’s a damn raccoon, but the MCU visualizes him better than what the text can, making for more people to vote him.
    You're acting like Comic book voters are more important than MCU voters. Like they're superior. As though a vote because you like them in comic books is a good reason, but MCU is a bad reason. You said "People voted by what they seen on a screen, robbing Kushala and crystal like that". No, they're not robbing anyone, they voted the champion they wanted in MCOC and you complaining about that because you're a comic book fan makes you seem you're gate-keeping, and acting holier than thou.

This is the last time I'll say it, because I don't think this pretty toxic attitude is going to change, but don't judge people's reasons for voting as worse than yours simply because it's not because of the comic books. Not everyone reads them, and this game represents marvel fans, not just comic fans. If they want Quicksilver because he's a speedster and that seems like a cool power, you have zero, nada, and no right to tell them that's not an ok reason to vote. If they want Agatha because they love Wandavision, telling them that's not an ok reason to vote is absolutely ridiculous, and really quite rude. I respect your reason for voting based on comic books, and I'm glad you love them so much - marvel is what brings us all together, don't act high and mighty because you read comic books.

This vote is a positive thing for MCOC, don't try and change that
    Sorry you look through a negative lens and display me that way but im saying it as it is. I don’t even read comics lol.
  • DarkmagicDarkmagic Posts: 10
    Quicksilver

Ricosco said:

You're acting like Comic book voters are more important than MCU voters. Like they're superior. As though a vote because you like them in comic books is a good reason, but MCU is a bad reason. You said "People voted by what they seen on a screen, robbing Kushala and crystal like that". No, they're not robbing anyone, they voted the champion they wanted in MCOC and you complaining about that because you're a comic book fan makes you seem you're gate-keeping, and acting holier than thou.

This is the last time I'll say it, because I don't think this pretty toxic attitude is going to change, but don't judge people's reasons for voting as worse than yours simply because it's not because of the comic books. Not everyone reads them, and this game represents marvel fans, not just comic fans. If they want Quicksilver because he's a speedster and that seems like a cool power, you have zero, nada, and no right to tell them that's not an ok reason to vote. If they want Agatha because they love Wandavision, telling them that's not an ok reason to vote is absolutely ridiculous, and really quite rude. I respect your reason for voting based on comic books, and I'm glad you love them so much - marvel is what brings us all together, don't act high and mighty because you read comic books.

Sorry but, i find this quite redundant. I’ve played a while and i constantly see you in the heat of things for some reason. It’s not necessary my friend, chillax! Nobody said nothing about superiority, why dramatize something so small. Feel bad vibes from this post personally, but I understand what you’re saying. Presentation could be better. While i do wish quicksilver were to join the contest for his super speed since it seems really cool, i can see where @ChaosMax1012 is coming from. Popularity is a huge factor in all this, especially since it’s a vote. Nobody here is wrong or right but rather than proving a point, try being open minded. Quicksilver FTW! Beta ray is still really cool though so it’s a win win. Don’t see what all the fuss is about.
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★
    Quicksilver
    We need note science champ's
    Quicksilver

We need note science champ's

Oh definitely haha. I feel like he’ll be more valuable on a mutant team since he’s a different class type.and if phoenix got buffed, man could there be some cool mutant teams out there with like magneto, quicksilver, phoenix, maybe scarlet witch.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Beta Ray Bill
    Darkmagic said:

Ricosco said:

Sorry but, i find this quite redundant. I’ve played a while and i constantly see you in the heat of things for some reason. It’s not necessary my friend, chillax! Nobody said nothing about superiority, why dramatize something so small. Feel bad vibes from this post personally, but I understand what you’re saying. Presentation could be better. While i do wish quicksilver were to join the contest for his super speed since it seems really cool, i can see where @ChaosMax1012 is coming from. Popularity is a huge factor in all this, especially since it’s a vote. Nobody here is wrong or right but rather than proving a point, try being open minded. Quicksilver FTW! Beta ray is still really cool though so it’s a win win. Don’t see what all the fuss is about.
    @ChaosMax1012 has consistently talked about other voter's reasons for voting champs not being good reasons to vote for. I don't think that's right and will call it out if it happens. If you see that as myself getting "into the heat of things for some reason" then that's your right, but the forums is to discuss, and discuss I will.

Who do you think sounds more open minded? The person who says about Agatha: "Do not let this garbage steal the vote just because folks saw her on tv once and went her by default", or the person who thinks anyone should vote who they like because of their love of Marvel? I know which one I think it is. I didn't even vote Agatha, and would much prefer Zemo, but if someone votes Agatha because of Wandavision then that's their right, ChaosMax doesn't seem to think that's an ok reason to vote for "this garbage".
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    Quicksilver

All these kids voting quicksilver. They’ve never even heard of BRB

Not a kid, but I am a massive X-Men fan, so any chance for new X-Men characters, I'll take the plunge.
    I like Beta Ray Bill's design tho.
    Really imo both Cosmic and Mutant don't need the assistance in terms of new champs atm because there's already a crazy load of ultra powerful god tier champs for both classes.
    And the last champ who won was a cosmic champ.
    It would be nice if the top 2 AT LEAST got to become champs and not just the number 1.
    Name 1 person who uses American Chavez, because she came out the same month as Hercules
    Well that first half aged like milk... since we now know Quicksilver is going to be a science champ.
    Science and mystic do need a bit of help as they've gotten a ton of mid champs the last year, so that tilts the scales a bit.
  • Grizzly_18Grizzly_18 Posts: 90
    Remember miles moraleses old special 3? Where he does all the fast kicks right to the face? Imagine quicksilver doing that but 10 times faster, it would look so cool.
    Quicksilver

Darkmagic said:

Ricosco said:

@ChaosMax1012 has consistently talked about other voter's reasons for voting champs not being good reasons to vote for. I don't think that's right and will call it out if it happens. If you see that as myself getting "into the heat of things for some reason" then that's your right, but the forums is to discuss, and discuss I will.

Who do you think sounds more open minded? The person who says about Agatha: "Do not let this garbage steal the vote just because folks saw her on tv once and went her by default", or the person who thinks anyone should vote who they like because of their love of Marvel? I know which one I think it is. I didn't even vote Agatha, and would much prefer Zemo, but if someone votes Agatha because of Wandavision then that's their right, ChaosMax doesn't seem to think that's an ok reason to vote for "this garbage".
    That open minded bit was out for the open. ChaosMax is probably not a fan of agatha but should definitely not put her down as she has a fanbase as shown through the first round. Even if it was just recent. Sometimes to gather more votes, you gotta make sure your opponent gets less. Perhaps what ChaosMax goes by, but nonetheless it’s all for fun and shouldn’t be this competitive. I appreciate your input @BitterSteel. I find you insightful amongst the community, but i see the point the 2 of you are making and i agree with both. Hope you find the equal ground between your posts!
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Beta Ray Bill
    Darkmagic said:

Darkmagic said:

Ricosco said:

That open minded bit was out for the open. ChaosMax is probably not a fan of agatha but should definitely not put her down as she has a fanbase as shown through the first round. Even if it was just recent. Sometimes to gather more votes, you gotta make sure your opponent gets less. Perhaps what ChaosMax goes by, but nonetheless it’s all for fun and shouldn’t be this competitive. I appreciate your input @BitterSteel. I find you insightful amongst the community, but i see the point the 2 of you are making and i agree with both. Hope you find the equal ground between your posts!
    That’s fair, I just want to see the community be positive about the champion voted, even if it’s not who they want (as I would with Agatha or Quicksilver, the two I didn’t vote for), rather than being (pun intended) bitter.

Regardless of who is voted, they’re going to be an awesome addition to the contest we wouldn’t otherwise have had. Kabam put so much effort into Herc, I’m excited to see what we get with this champion as well!
  • Beta Ray Bill

Remember miles moraleses old special 3? Where he does all the fast kicks right to the face? Imagine quicksilver doing that but 10 times faster, it would look so cool.

Whelp, get ready for another sp3 to crash the games
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    Beta Ray Bill

still would be better than King Groots tbh
  • Beta Ray Bill

still would be better than King Groots tbh
    You wound me sir
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Beta Ray Bill

Darkmagic said:

Ricosco said:

While I don't think you're "wrong", I also don't think anyone can claim to love Marvel while only ever having taken in that IP through the MCU.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Quicksilver
    I want both, but funny how they didn’t put zemo up against either of these two. 🧐
  • Logan00Logan00 Posts: 554 ★★★
    Beta Ray Bill
    Why do people prefer quicksilver , a guy whose main power is to run fast, vs one that has the same power as Thor and has stormbreaker?
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Beta Ray Bill
    Jaded said:

I want both, but funny how they didn’t put zemo up against either of these two. 🧐

because that’s not how the bracket worked

they knew this was going to happen and I guess just wanted it to not be the final and give someone else a slight chance?
  • SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    I really don't care. I wanted Moonstar or Crystal, but voting was rigged from the start for Quicksilver to win it.
  • Ryan526Ryan526 Posts: 4
    Beta Ray Bill
    Beta Ray is not just a Thor knock off. He is a bad ass and beat Thor's ass at one point.