**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Winter soldier buff next month?

Champ_ZChamp_Z Posts: 155
edited January 2022 in Suggestions and Requests
Because of the new captain america sam wilson being added?
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,308 ★★★★★
    Champ_Z said:

Because of the new captain america sam wilson being added?

Captain amreica new variant to be added ?
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

If it is even confirmed, they have never tied a buff into a new champ…. So most likely no.

To be fair it’s something that Kabam John said they’d love to try, while it may not be next month it’s not impossible!

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,341 ★★★★★
    Nice thought; although if they were going to do that, it'd be far better to buff Iron Fist alongside the (expected) new Misty Knight character.

Nice thought; although if they were going to do that, it'd be far better to buff Iron Fist alongside the (expected) new Misty Knight character.

What about an iron fist overhaul and a Winter Soldier moderate?

I know December had a moderate and overhaul last time, so it’s more likely to be a tune up. But there was a month off in January so it could happen!

I’m definitely not saying this because I have both duped as 6*s.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★

I know December had a moderate and overhaul last time, so it’s more likely to be a tune up. But there was a month off in January so it could happen!

The tricky thing about Kabam going on and buffing WS is that the WS in-game is based on the comic/pre Capt America 2 MCU movie, when he was still a villain and his arm was just of some normal metal. From IW movie and henceforth, WS not is not only no longer a villain but also his arm is made of Vibranium, made of Wakanda tech. So, this leaves Kabam with at least three option on how to go about it:

1 - Buff WS in the image of the villain, mind -controlled mercenary from the WS movie.

2 - Buff WS in the image of the do gooder from IW, EG movies and WS& Falcon series. This would mean him becoming a #hero and removing the # metal tag (cuz his arm is now Vibranium)

3 - ( And this is the option I HOPE Kabam will take) buff existing WS as the evil mind controlled pre CA 2 movie AND RELEASE A COMPLETELY NEW WINTER SOLDIER in the image of the one from IW movie henceforth. This would be great because it would give us two distinct WS. Also, this has precedence in the game: There are two MCU based Iron Men, two Hulks, two Thors, two Black Widows, two Hawkeyes , three Captain Americas, and for the looks of it two Falcons too from next month. What would be the problem of there being two WS?

Fingers crossed for the two WS solution to the problem!
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Iron Fist gamebreaking overhaul please and thank you

Oh man dont make ws a god mode defender
    God knows how difficult potion farming will be once he's buffed

Buffs don't affect RoL, LoL and Abyss content. Just animations. Look at Rhino and BP OG.

The tricky thing about Kabam going on and buffing WS is that the WS in-game is based on the comic/pre Capt America 2 MCU movie, when he was still a villain and his arm was just of some normal metal. From IW movie and henceforth, WS not is not only no longer a villain but also his arm is made of Vibranium, made of Wakanda tech.
    Well since the Winter soldier we have in game is based on the comics..

I think it's a pretty safe bet to say he'll be buffed and continue being based on the comic books. When BP OG was buffed he didn't end up being buffed as his character in the movies, but as the one from the comics he was based on.
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★

The tricky thing about Kabam going on and buffing WS is that the WS in-game is based on the comic/pre Capt America 2 MCU movie, when he was still a villain and his arm was just of some normal metal. From IW movie and henceforth, WS not is not only no longer a villain but also his arm is made of Vibranium, made of Wakanda tech.

I think it's a pretty safe bet to say he'll be buffed and continue being based on the comic books. When BP OG was buffed he didn't end up being buffed as his character in the movies, but as the one from the comics he was based on.
    Not necessarily. The OG BP in game can also be seen as MCU T'Challa's father. In fact, in the flashback where he kills his brother (Killmonger's father) he's wearing pretty much the same BP armor that OG BP has on the game ... which is also in the comics. So it works both ways.

Regardless, we are not in disagreement regarding WS. I just hope they buff the current one as the mind controlled mercenary/villain and then release a new #hero WS with the Vibranium arm.
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Haku001 said:

Before buffing winter soldier u all should be shouting for OG cap and WW 2 buff basturds throwing them at my face as 6* alongside og thor and already have jane dumb foster

You heard him, more Captain Americas, more Thors.

GIVE HIM ALL THE CAPS AND THORS!!!
  • ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Did they announce buffs?

Not yet. It's just time for the monthly speculation.
  • ŁŤÇŁŤÇ Posts: 350 ★★★
    Fabwizi said:

Did they announce buffs?

Should be this week

Not necessarily. The OG BP in game can also be seen as MCU T'Challa's father. In fact, in the flashback where he kills his brother (Killmonger's father) he's wearing pretty much the same BP armor that OG BP has on the game ... which is also in the comics. So it works both ways.
    OG BP is confirmed as T’challa in his champion bio and via his synergy of romance with storm