**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Psylocke appreciation post anybody?

TP33TP33 Posts: 1,593 ★★★★
Still don’t see psylocke getting the love she deserves which is criminal so here goes.

What can she do?
- permanent power lock after 1 L1
- big red numbers
- big yellow numbers
- special spam

what do you need?
- literally just psylocke for the power lock
- just psylocke for standard special spam
- just psylocke for juicy red numbers
- an ability to intercept

what is nice to have?
- Apocalypse
- cable (faster apoc ramp)

who else to make her a cheese god?
- Mr Fantastic (better special spam)
- archangel is nice for power gain
- prof X for more special damage?
- White mags
- other unrelated general use champ like Hercules or Shang Chi

what does this team give you?

a great champ in Apoc, and an additional content clearer for the 5th slot. mr fantastic pre-fights are not needed for psylocke so you can use them on your other champs. running Prof X gives you another great champ. only weak link is potentially cable but he’s not needed as such and you can run kang if you have him as he becomes quite fun with Apoc.

how to use psylocke? easy.
- hit them until you have an L1
- bait out their specials until they’re on low power (take your time here as it can make or break a fight)
- once they’re very low on power throw an L1, it’ll power drain them to 0
- infinite purple power lock will pop up
- don’t get hit (very important)
- just intercept over and over and throw L2s, you’ll get power back and hit some max damage but it will cost you 1 psi-charge so don’t use it if you’re running low.
- psi-charges will get high anyways as you get way more with apoc (20% on hit from synergy + additional ability accuracy from horseman or white mags if you run him)
- you’ll get back 55% power from L2s if you use an L3 at any point but you will have to re-rotation to get power lock back which shouldn’t be hard if you L3 then start hitting, build one charge then back up and let power burn do it’s job. (heavy before L3 tho)

so basically she can infinite power lock and special spam. i’ve seen swedeah use her as he loves his power lockers but i don’t think people realise just how busted OP she actually is. she can take so many war fights with ease, she’s basically a slightly quicker to ramp up sometimes magik who has way more synergy possibilities. i would rank mine up but i have no mutant catalysts to spare so the 4* will have to do, but honestly the 4* can do a lot. (also she doesn’t need awakening but gets a good damage bonus from sig 1)

Comments

• thanks4playingthanks4playing Posts: 805 ★★★

Just took my 6* Psylocke to R3 (along with Doc Oc). I plan to run her with Apoc basically permanently, but really that’s just extra damage. The control she has over a lot of tricky defenders is almost unparalleled.

I’ll hold my hands up and say I underrated her for a long time, but not anymore

Is yours duped? If so would you still r3 even if unduped?
  • RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★

Just took my 6* Psylocke to R3 (along with Doc Oc). I plan to run her with Apoc basically permanently, but really that’s just extra damage. The control she has over a lot of tricky defenders is almost unparalleled.

I’ll hold my hands up and say I underrated her for a long time, but not anymore

Is yours duped? If so would you still r3 even if unduped?
    Nope she’s unduped. Would quite like sig 1 for the extra crit damage, but she has all of her power control utility unduped. That’s why I felt fine taking her up unduped

Unless you’re using her with S99 I probably wouldn’t use her for DAAR, so the sig doesn’t matter too much
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Love Psylocke, been a huge fan of her since she released years ago. She’s actually the only 4* champ I ever tried to win in arena too, which I did thankfully. I’ve always considered her one of the the best power control champs in the game and still do. Sadly I still don’t have a 6* version of her, although not through lack of trying. But when I do get one she’ll go straight to r3 with or without the sig. The level of control she has is amazing, such a well designed character. I wrote a full guide for her a while ago if anyone is interested in how to use her. Her only weakness really was her low damage but now that apoc is in the game her damage can be extremely high. Constant crits, massive raw damage and big specials.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ContestOfChampions/comments/dufqb7/a_guide_to_psylocke_an_exceptional_power/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,729 ★★★★★
    Looks possible getting a synergy buff real soon.
  • StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    I've had Psylocke at r3 for ages (she was actually my first r3) and I'm stoked people are finally giving her the attention she deserves.
    Unfortunately, there's no longer any content difficult enough that warrants using her, so I haven't played with her in ages.
  • GK_23GK_23 Posts: 282 ★★★
    edited February 2022
    This post makes me want to check out Psylocke out a little more. So thanks for that.

One thing I don’t quite understand is “only weak link is potentially cable but he’s not needed as such and you can run kang if you have him as he becomes quite fun with Apoc.”

Uh, have you used Cable with Apoc?
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 2,991 ★★★★★
    I was actually just talking to my alliance about how if I could dupe her, I’d honestly consider her as an option for my first 6* r4 mutant.

I make some questionable rank up choices.
  • Wicket329 said:

I was actually just talking to my alliance about how if I could dupe her, I’d honestly consider her as an option for my first 6* r4 mutant.

Those are the best choices
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Are you me?

• Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,309 ★★★★★
    I am gonna answer your question in the title first. No psylocke post? Reason being it will get deleted by mods. If I do it obv.

Otherwise take this
  • GuytennisGuytennis Posts: 420 ★★★
    edited February 2022
    I have an awakened r2 6* that I think is pretty much a smelly garbage can. She’s useless on most on 7.3. Her lack of immunities is a big turn off in general. If I’m going to bring Apoc to get her bleed immune, I’m going to use apoc to win fights in half the time it would take her. She excellent at sitting on the bench. Have her use her amazing power control vs the Aarkus boss on map 6 AQ or have her fight Nimrod on map 8, once she solos those fights I’ll be a psylocke believer.