**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Unofficial: Beta Ray Bill or Quicksilver

Comments

• SearmenisSearmenis Posts: 1,545 ★★★★★
    Agatha is a pretty interesting character and a BIG key to a great series of storylines in the comics. The MCU version was...meh, I really don't understand why people loved her so much, she had shown no depth at all as a character.

As for the "debate", there's MCU fans, and Marvel comic fans, and there s people who like both. The readers should be happy that the movies are successful, since they potentially bring them in the original medium, (where the stories are far better of course).
  • FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    Beta Ray Bill
    I like all the characters

I hope we get them all
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Quicksilver
    I'm hesitant because Kabam does not so great with cosmic champs in general.

I'm also hesitant about quicksilver because Kabam makes every science champ so dependent on their signature. It's a lose lose for me.

So i voted quick silver.
  • IcyCoolDudeDoodleIcyCoolDudeDoodle Posts: 587 ★★
    Quicksilver
    I just want to break through the wall for once!
  • RicoscoRicosco Posts: 142 ★★
    Quicksilver
    The whole thing is that us lifelong comic fans know all these characters very well, sole MCU fans don't know or understand these characters very well, half of the roster hasn't even been in the MCU yet so you've no actual understanding of who they are and what they can bring to the game, also MCU has warped many characters, backstories and storylines to fit in with the movies they release, these aren't the original versions of them.

MCU baron isn't a patch on the original, damn BRB isn't even in a movie yet so whys so many MCU fans even contemplating voting for him? It's bizarre and yeah in a sense comic fans do have a far more depth of knowledge on marvel than the MCU crew, I've been reading them since i was 6, 32 years ago, how many only know marvel through this game alone?
  • TelbertTelbert Posts: 20
    Quicksilver
    Logan00 said:

Why do people prefer quicksilver , a guy whose main power is to run fast, vs one that has the same power as Thor and has stormbreaker?

You've answered your own question mate, Bill will just be another champ similar to thor, which we already have a few of, he wont bringing anything new to the game... quicksilver brings something new to the contest
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Beta Ray Bill

Ricosco said:

The whole thing is that us lifelong comic fans know all these characters very well, sole MCU fans don't know or understand these characters very well, half of the roster hasn't even been in the MCU yet so you've no actual understanding of who they are and what they can bring to the game, also MCU has warped many characters, backstories and storylines to fit in with the movies they release, these aren't the original versions of them.

MCU baron isn't a patch on the original, damn BRB isn't even in a movie yet so whys so many MCU fans even contemplating voting for him? It's bizarre and yeah in a sense comic fans do have a far more depth of knowledge on marvel than the MCU crew, I've been reading them since i was 6, 32 years ago, how many only know marvel through this game alone?

All this mental safeguarding and sense of superiority of comic book readers is just stupid and annoying. If you truly want a champion introduced, why don't you try and actually campaign for them. Introduce people to their comics, introduce them to their lore, actually get them into comics and show them what a wonderful world it is instead of acting like comic readers have some sort of superiority and bringing down other peoples reasons for voting a champion.
    I wish I could give more than one agree to your comment

Focussing on this part, yes, absolutely agreed. If someone thinks Agatha is kinda neat because of Wandavision, but is also open to other ideas, what do these elitist comic book fans think is more likely to sway their opinion? Explaining Zemo's comic book backstory, why he's a cool character, his strengths, interesting story lines etc etc, or calling Agatha trash, saying that their opinion isn't valid, and they aren't a real fan because they didn't read comic books.

Stan Lee knew that Marvel was about what it meant to the fans, whether comics or movies or tv shows. He never held any superiority over a certain type of fan, maybe some could take notice.
  • RicoscoRicosco Posts: 142 ★★
    Quicksilver

Ricosco said:

Nah comic fans don't have any superior knowledge or anything to what they bring to the game and how it will affect the game. That knowledge lies with experienced players.

The fact of the matter is that comic book knowledge and comic readers have nothing to do with this. It's a vote for who the playerbase wants. If the majority choose Quicksilver, then it's the majority of the playerbase and Kabam who benefit by introducing them. The same thing applies if BRB is chosen by the majority or any of the candidates for that matter.

And even though most people here probably aren't comic book readers or that into comics, it's not like people are illiterate in terms of marvel comics lore. Knull was one of the more hyped up champions last year and he's not been anywhere near the big screen yet.

All this mental safeguarding and sense of superiority of comic book readers is just stupid and annoying. If you truly want a champion introduced, why don't you try and actually campaign for them. Introduce people to their comics, introduce them to their lore, actually get them into comics and show them what a wonderful world it is instead of acting like comic readers have some sort of superiority and bringing down other peoples reasons for voting a champion.
    Experienced players know more about a champ coming into the game than someone who has a lot of knowledge of the champ from reading decades worth of comics with said champ in them? What kinda nonsense is that 🤣

Your mention of Knull is just backing up the fact that a helluva lot of the roster in this game hasn't seen the big screen or even the small screen for that matter, its also how mistakes made with these champions designs like powers and immunities that are picked up by the comic reading players, the campaign for sentry to be buffed is mostly by the readers who know who sentry is and what he should offer to the game.

Also this 'safeguarding' nonsense, give it up, it's a fact that readers have a far superior knowledge of these characters, if you don't read then how would you even know they existed in the first place? So superiority in knowledge and understanding is obvious!

If it was an exam right now, who's going to pass it? The ones who've 'studied' or the ones who wing it?

That's where the superiority of lifelong fans comes in, the same applies to everything, TV, movies, music.

Go tell a lifelong Pink Floyd fan they ain't superior in knowledge because you know the words to the wall.
  • Beta Ray Bill
    All this comics vs MCU is ridiculous. At the end of the day, we are all nerds that play this game. I've seen all the mcu movies and most of the shows and I've read some comics now and back in the day. There are champs who I had no idea who they were until alliance mates explained them to me or if I thought they were cool, I'd look them up. That's what is awesome about this game is that it can bring all types of marvel fans together and help introduce them to new concepts and characters.
  • ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,063 ★★★★★
    Beta Ray Bill

Ricosco said:

Nah comic fans don't have any superior knowledge or anything to what they bring to the game and how it will affect the game. That knowledge lies with experienced players.

The fact of the matter is that comic book knowledge and comic readers have nothing to do with this. It's a vote for who the playerbase wants. If the majority choose Quicksilver, then it's the majority of the playerbase and Kabam who benefit by introducing them. The same thing applies if BRB is chosen by the majority or any of the candidates for that matter.

And even though most people here probably aren't comic book readers or that into comics, it's not like people are illiterate in terms of marvel comics lore. Knull was one of the more hyped up champions last year and he's not been anywhere near the big screen yet.

Nobody is claiming to be superior to anyone, but people are able and have the capability to be more experienced than another player. Than another person for that matter. Point being nobody’s vote has more value than anyone else, but don’t just ignore what lifelong players dedicated to marvels craft have to say just because of the idea they are “superior” “elitists “deities” “menaces to society”. Their ideas have got to mean something by now. But yeah i get that, campaigning to open eyes as opening ears is definitely the most inefficient method. I understand the points y’all making, at the end kabam is gonna put the same effort to any champ brought in. Comic book readers that been marvel fans a while are probably like “oh damn, beta ray bill vs quicksilver? That’s an insult to my intelligence! Wait why are people voting for quicksilver, they can’t be serious”. Might be accurate, might not, but you get the idea despite the wording. I don’t think anyone here minds if quicksilver wins. But having beta lose sucks to those who know more about him.
    Beta Ray Bill

All this comics vs MCU is ridiculous. At the end of the day, we are all nerds that play this game. I've seen all the mcu movies and most of the shows and I've read some comics now and back in the day. There are champs who I had no idea who they were until alliance mates explained them to me or if I thought they were cool, I'd look them up. That's what is awesome about this game is that it can bring all types of marvel fans together and help introduce them to new concepts and characters.

This is also a good way to perceive it.
    Beta Ray Bill
    Btw sentry, lemme start my campaign now.

Sentry buff confirmed if you vote beta
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Quicksilver

Texas_11 said:

I'm hesitant because Kabam does not so great with cosmic champs in general.

I'm also hesitant about quicksilver because Kabam makes every science champ so dependent on their signature. It's a lose lose for me.

So i voted quick silver.

There are counterpoints to both of those arguments.

Cosmic has recently gotten Herc, Knull, CGR, and even to an extent Ikaris and Sersi.

Quake doesn’t need sig, neither do Anti-Venom or Overseer to be useable. Mr. Negative also works wonderfully without his sig.
    Of course there are. Herc being a banger after how many years? CGR, is okay , but still cosmic champs you can't do too much ; just armor break maybe a couple buffs here and there , for the most part the class is underwhelming, and not very fun to play.

Anti venom, overseer , and mister negative all benefit significantly from their signature ability, and I think most would agree.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    Quicksilver

Btw sentry, lemme start my campaign now.

Sentry buff confirmed if you vote beta

Oh damn you know how to appeal to me. :|:#:p
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Beta Ray Bill

Ricosco said:

If you truly want a champion introduced, why don't you try and actually campaign for them. Introduce people to their comics, introduce them to their lore, actually get them into comics and show them what a wonderful world it is
    Although there are more champs that people are very familiar with in this vote, Omega Sentinel isn’t exactly an A-lister but she got 2nd to Hercules because ppl campaigned and explained how cool she could be.

Obviously a bit late for that now since most votes have likely been cast, but a more effective way to get votes is to boost your champion and not necessarily disparage other champions.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,558 Guardian
    Quicksilver
    Ricosco said:

Your mention of Knull is just backing up the fact that a helluva lot of the roster in this game hasn't seen the big screen or even the small screen for that matter, its also how mistakes made with these champions designs like powers and immunities that are picked up by the comic reading players, the campaign for sentry to be buffed is mostly by the readers who know who sentry is and what he should offer to the game.

Also this 'safeguarding' nonsense, give it up, it's a fact that readers have a far superior knowledge of these characters, if you don't read then how would you even know they existed in the first place? So superiority in knowledge and understanding is obvious!

If it was an exam right now, who's going to pass it? The ones who've 'studied' or the ones who wing it?

That's where the superiority of lifelong fans comes in, the same applies to everything, TV, movies, music.

Go tell a lifelong Pink Floyd fan they ain't superior in knowledge because you know the words to the wall.

Important to note: this is a video game, not a comic book. People's knowledge of the comic book material can be useful to understanding the inspiration for the MCOC champions, but they can also blind them to the fact that game imperatives override source material fidelity, and the final authority for what is "right" in the comic books is Marvel itself, who also decides what's ultimately "right" in this game as well. If Marvel decides that a champion "should be" a certain way in this game, that is no more "wrong" than when Marvel decides Spiderman is actually a clone, or the Beyonder is actually a cosmic cube, or there was more than one survivor from the previous universe.

None of these things was "right" until someone just made it up, even though it directly contradicts "the comics." The only reason they are "right" is because Marvel says so. Everything in this game is because Marvel says so. So when life-long comic book experts think something will happen in this game because of their prior knowledge of the comics, like Sentry should slap, and the only thing preventing that is Kabam could make a "mistake" they are failing to acknowledge that Sentry is how he is in this game because of a Marvel editorial approval, no different than if they made a Sentry exactly as strong as he is in this game in Earth-XYZKalamazoo-39.

Knowledge is always good, so I say, but the notion that the comic books fans are "closer to the truth" like the comic books are the Marvel Bible is false, and if their knowledge convinces them of this idea, they can be worse than someone who is a blank slate and knows nothing at all. Comic book fans might be knowledgeable about comic book storylines, but they aren't always knowledgeable about IP management, editorial mandates, licensing implementation, game design philosophy, and game operations management.

The thing I find most fascinating and amusing, to a point, about anyone who mentions Sentry in the context of comic book fidelity is that they appear to be overlooking the fact that Sentry is the ultimate, no-holds-barred, unashamedly ridiculous continuity shattering retcon in all of Marvel history (and self-awaredly so, at least originally). He's literally an example of someone deciding to ignore all of the Marvel continuity and backstory and say "yeah, but so what." The idea that he's an example of Kabam just making something up and ignoring the comics source material is a literal laugh out loud idea.
  • Jcobra25Jcobra25 Posts: 212 ★★
    Quicksilver

All these kids voting quicksilver. They’ve never even heard of BRB

Duh, mister common sense!!! Give this guy a prize for being right please!
    Why would anyone vote for someone they don't know? That's the whole point of the voting buddy. Vote in your favorite character. People are gonna vote for someone they know. Sigh...
  • DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,122 ★★★★★
    Quicksilver

Quicksilver is a knockoff DC Flash… what’s so good about him? He is “fast” wow… plus I highly doubt kabam can deliver the animations for him.

They said animations were a roadblock a few years ago. Now though? Look at Mr. Negative, Sersi and Ikaris' special attacks. Stryfe's specials, anti venom, knull. The animation game has changed a lot. On top of that, the game is at a point where a really powerful quicksilver won't break the game.
  • IcyCoolDudeDoodleIcyCoolDudeDoodle Posts: 587 ★★
    edited January 2022
    Quicksilver
    For a second there, I thought you were all referring to 'Be Right Back'. I was confused when people said "not BRB!"
  • Beta Ray Bill
    Deder80 said:

Beta Ray Bill is a knock off Thor... what's so good about him? He is "horse" wow... plus I highly doubt kabam can deliver the animation for him

If they do it will just be bugged and won’t work right hahah
    Right...the "knock off Thor " animations will be bugged...not the super speed though. That'll be flawless victory!