**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What was your ‘Wow, I really should have done that a long time ago’ epiphany?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,604 ★★★★
For me it is suicides. Just unlocked them this weekend and holy cow it makes the arena grind much easier. Given how much arena grinding I do I really should have done it a year ago.

Also really fun to see Diablo, Claire, and other suicide friendly champs shine.

Had a similar moment a few months back when I opened Willpower after reaching Thronebreaker. Would have definitely saved some units if I had done it earlier.

Comments

• Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    When I first started playing I got stuck on the 4.3.6 (I think) venom boss. I waited 2 months to attempt it again because I remembered him being extremely hard. It was super easy and I could’ve done it a week after my initial try
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,033 ★★★★★
    Rank up corvus. I just didn't want to dance around for like 50 seconds while he waits to get his charges back. Didn't know that a 6* r3 could hit so hard that he doesn't need it for EQ.
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,033 ★★★★★

For me it is suicides. Just unlocked them this weekend and holy cow it makes the arena grind much easier. Given how much arena grinding I do I really should have done it a year ago.

Glad to see you're enjoying those suicides.

• SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    DawsMan said:

About a year into the game (fall 2019 I think) and I saw a youtube video on parry and dexterity which I didn't know about. Unlocked them and literally changed the game. I looked back at an old screen recording of using a 1600 pi 3* imiw against a 600 pi sentinel and it looked like two ai fighting. Terrible. Wish I had gone to the forums or youtube earlier or it really would've boosted my progress.

Man I remember YEARS ago getting them for the first time. And after using them back then I said they were overrated. Man was I wrong 😑
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,524 ★★★★★
    Act 7.1….. I think it was 4 months before I tried it…. Did a completion run in a couple of hours.
  • ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,673 ★★★★★
    I'm typically a pretty slow player in terms of progression. I reach a progression tier, then I usually just take a long break from story content and do other stuff. When I became Cavalier, I ended up doing the Variants instead of continuing on with the story. I probably didn't progress in Act 6 for well over a year (which was compounded by me also not liking that content).

When I finally got back into it, I just breezed past most of it. The Grandmaster was still a pain to fight but other than that I really didn't have too much trouble completing Act 6 and becoming Thronebreaker. I really wish I would have gotten around to doing it earlier. I thought it was this unsurmountable roadblock, but nah, not really. I didn't realize how much I progressed, skill-wise, during my time as Cavalier.
  • PapaMidnite007PapaMidnite007 Posts: 1,622 ★★★★
    Back when i started playing i bought premium hero crystals with units worst decision ever lol
  • IcyCoolDudeDoodleIcyCoolDudeDoodle Posts: 587 ★★
    edited January 2022
    But he does says he considers the evade to be too OP to be in the game
  • IcyCoolDudeDoodleIcyCoolDudeDoodle Posts: 587 ★★
    Oh, I have one more about dexterity... I never used dexterity and didn't even care about masteries. Then I saw Seatin's video and realised that I should have gotten dexterity a long time ago.... Since then, dex has saved me in dying situations
  • jbxotiicjbxotiic Posts: 145
    For me it was ranking up nick fury, I pulled and awakened him but left him at r1 for months because i just didn't feel like i needed him. But after I ranked him up for the medusa boss last week, he's been one of my favorite champs to use in story and eq content. (Not to mention he crushed the life transfer lane in the sq this week)
  • Krishna24Krishna24 Posts: 378 ★★★
    Definitely learning to parry, man looking at my old game play I feel like a third grade nibba where I was waiting for his heavy or special so that I could land a hit, lol
  • Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Learning quake. I was shite at intercepting and baiting for a while, but it's worth it, especially with a light roster. Doesn't really get much use now, maybe for some specific fights in EQ, SQ
  • ChobblyChobbly Posts: 821 ★★★★
    Ercarret said:

I'm typically a pretty slow player in terms of progression. I reach a progression tier, then I usually just take a long break from story content and do other stuff. When I became Cavalier, I ended up doing the Variants instead of continuing on with the story. I probably didn't progress in Act 6 for well over a year (which was compounded by me also not liking that content).

When I finally got back into it, I just breezed past most of it. The Grandmaster was still a pain to fight but other than that I really didn't have too much trouble completing Act 6 and becoming Thronebreaker. I really wish I would have gotten around to doing it earlier. I thought it was this unsurmountable roadblock, but nah, not really. I didn't realize how much I progressed, skill-wise, during my time as Cavalier.

Really interesting post for me @Ercarret . I've got the roster to give Act 6 completion a go but I just haven't wanted to. I became Cav a couple of years ago but have been enjoying Variants, EQ and SQ as well as some arena. I just don't like what I've seen and heard about Act 6 post 6.1, I guess a bit like you.

While I know that I need to go and do it, going and exploring Act 6 isn't on my list of life goals at the moment 🙂
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,605 ★★★★★
    Chobbly said:

Ercarret said:

Really interesting post for me @Ercarret . I've got the roster to give Act 6 completion a go but I just haven't wanted to. I became Cav a couple of years ago but have been enjoying Variants, EQ and SQ as well as some arena. I just don't like what I've seen and heard about Act 6 post 6.1, I guess a bit like you.

While I know that I need to go and do it, going and exploring Act 6 isn't on my list of life goals at the moment 🙂
    Honestly, it is worth it to get to Act 7. Not super fun to get through Act 6, but the GM fight is really interesting, and rewards/difficulty of Act 7 is wayy more manageable. Plus, TB is not actually too difficult and makes a difference. Especially if you have the roster to just grit your teeth and push through Act six with a few boosts and some stashed revives.
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,975 ★★★★
    Still haven't done this but unlocked suicides, willpower, deep woods, etc. I only have the bare minimum with masteries and I just completed 7.3 :D