**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

6* champion update - basic pool

benshbbenshb Posts: 793 ★★★★
Awesome new addition. One question though: what about non-featured, but new champions? Like Hyperion, or if there is a basic champion that is not in the basic pool yet?

Comments

• altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,261 ★★★★

I'm confused by the in-game message. Can someone explain it to me?

Before this, 6-stars were only added to the basic pool when their Featured crystal appearance ended, regardless of when that champion was added to the 5-star and below crystals..

Now, they will be added at the same time the champion is added to the other crystals.
  • IvarTheBonelessIvarTheBoneless Posts: 1,234 ★★★★

When a champ becomes available in basic crystal pool (every 2 weeks I think), that now also includes the 6 star crystal.

Basically: Now new champ every 2 weeks, before only the champs from six star featured got added to six star basic when featured ended.
  • LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
    So Kitty will be in the basic and featured at the same time? I thought this already happened with Hercules
  • Sportsfan365Sportsfan365 Posts: 381

It sounds like, starting with Kitty Pryde, once champs enter the 5* basic pool, their 6* version will be added to the 6* basic pool. Which is a really nice change.

This is correct but by the wording of Kabam this won’t take effect until this current featured 6 star crystal ends in April because that’s when 6 star Kitty is added to the basic crystal. The wording is a bit confusing because 6* Kitty doesn’t get added to the crystals until April. Guess we will find out next week. I hope I’m wrong but the phrase “when 6 star Kitty gets added to crystals” makes me think this change won’t happen until April
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

So kitty enters the 6 star basic pool next week that’s interesting

Or, after kitty enters when her featured ends, future champs will be added with their 5*s
  • JaximosJaximos Posts: 43
    Can we get confirmation what this means for Hyperion, Voodoo, & Ghost Rider?
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Zan0 said:

Zan0 said:

So kitty enters the 6 star basic pool next week that’s interesting

Or, after kitty enters when her featured ends, future champs will be added with their 5*s
    Mail literally says starting with kitty lol so she’s gonna be the first this is done
    Ah. Okay . I though they would start with the addition of kitty. Ie. After
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,483 ★★★★★
    Does this mean 6* quake since she's obviously a 5* basic?

I can't believe how poorly this was written.
  • AldacAldac Posts: 473 ★★★
    Jaximos said:

I was wondering the same thing. Will they still be entering the basic pool after the current featured 6-star ends?

• TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Aldac said:

Jaximos said:

I was wondering the same thing. Will they still be entering the basic pool after the current featured 6-star ends?

Imagine the uproar if hype, quake and blade are just deemed to be exclusive to the feature/special crystals.
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,369 ★★★★★

It sounds like, starting with Kitty Pryde, once champs enter the 5* basic pool, their 6* version will be added to the 6* basic pool. Which is a really nice change.

This is correct but by the wording of Kabam this won’t take effect until this current featured 6 star crystal ends in April because that’s when 6 star Kitty is added to the basic crystal. The wording is a bit confusing because 6* Kitty doesn’t get added to the crystals until April. Guess we will find out next week. I hope I’m wrong but the phrase “when 6 star Kitty gets added to crystals” makes me think this change won’t happen until April
    The email was bout changes to 6* starting with kitty pride, her 5* is being added to basic next week which means her 3* and 4* are being added as well. Only differences this time is her 6* will be joining basic 6* as well. Same will occur with Nimrod on 2/8/22 and the rest.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Jaximos said:

I’d guess they will be added at the end of the current featured, but confirmation would be nice
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,679 ★★★★★
    Screams 7* coming soon lol
  • BlôdletterBlôdletter Posts: 444 ★★★
    Turns out this new feature is actually workaround to prevent Hyperion from joining 6* basic 👀
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,108 ★★★★★
    Jaximos said:

They are already in the basic so won't be added. I fear these type of champs (legacy if you will) won't be available until their featured ends.
  • Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 628 ★★★
    The in-game message is not explicit enough. Certainly because it does not contain any date.
    Moreover what about the champions like Hyperion, Rider and Voodoo that were introduced as 6* by the current feature but already exist as 5*...

Please could a moderator bring the light on it?
    @Kabam Miike
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 345 ★★★
    Ok so having read over it I think it works like this. 6* Kitty enters the Pool when the current feature ends along with all the other champs in the feature. So starting from then (April) all six stars will enter every 2 weeks. So 2 weeks after the next six star drops Kraven will be added, then toad then Sauron and so on.

The sub features / legacy or whatever we are calling them will all go in with Kitty however since champs enter every 2 weeks now I think this is a clear indicator that they are done making legacy champs into 6*.

Blade will never enter the pool and will be available some other way. Same for Quake, Magik, Wolverine and Scarlet Witch.

The same way wolverine, scarlet witch 5* are never going in the 5* basic pool the same applies to the 6* versions. Except in this case the same treatment applies to blade, quake and magik. Apparently they are deemed too powerful to be made available to the general public on an ongoing basis.
  • Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 345 ★★★
    TyEdge said:

Aldac said:

Jaximos said:

Imagine the uproar if hype, quake and blade are just deemed to be exclusive to the feature/special crystals.
    This is exactly what’s happening. Except Hype. He drops at the end of this feature.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,304 ★★★★★
    benshb said:

Awesome new addition. One question though: what about non-featured, but new champions? Like Hyperion, or if there is a basic champion that is not in the basic pool yet?

Starky and Medusa are added to the basic pool. I saw them when I was opening another 6 star basic a few days ago