**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Did you guys know about Arcangel's hidden ability?

He can avoid mordo's astral evade with heavy attack

Comments

• GruftyGrufty Posts: 186
    There's several champions with this hidden ability, i know drax can use medium (and possibly light) attacks against Mordo and I'm sure there's a few others.

No idea why but it would be nice for an explanation and an official list of which champions can avoid the astral evade.
  • SolswerdSolswerd Posts: 1,860 ★★★★
    Grufty wrote: »
    There's several champions with this hidden ability, i know drax can use medium (and possibly light) attacks against Mordo and I'm sure there's a few others.

No idea why but it would be nice for an explanation and an official list of which champions can avoid the astral evade.

I have seen the mods explain Drax's medium as being effective due to it being a 2-hit attack
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    Is a bug in champions moveset. Not a ability
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Lovingkid wrote: »
    He can avoid mordo's astral evade with heavy attack

Not always
  • Scare_Reaper2Scare_Reaper2 Posts: 287
    if its his poison its not secret XD
  • NEUROPLEXUSNEUROPLEXUS Posts: 92
    Grufty wrote: »

ive noticed that as well, drax can cut through evade champs like quake and spidey also
  • Stark78AlfaStark78Alfa Posts: 502
    Elektra and X-23 can also bypass mordo's astral evade with a heavy attack.
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    There is no "official" list of Champions that can avoid Mordo's Astral Evade, as none of them are really supposed to. Those 2 Hit attacks also don't always work. If there is a framerate drop sometimes the Astral Evade will still activate, so some older devices are not consistent with them.

So you're saying that when awakend sig 40 or higher ArchAngel has more than 3 nuerotoxins on Mordo (fully reducing Mordo's ability accuracy, including ability to evade), he's not supposed to avoid the Astral Evade?!

If so, that's weird.

btw, since i no longer have bars over my name and no warning level, can you fix it so my posts can be seen by others again?
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I can do it consistently if he has neurotoxin and hit a heavy
  • Atom_SmasherAtom_Smasher Posts: 17
    AA's neurotoxin has an ability accuracy reduction so he won's always evade if you have neurotoxin
    However mordo is immune to ability accuracy modifications ... so AA shouldn't avoid astral evade
  • Etaki_LirakoiEtaki_Lirakoi Posts: 480 ★★
    edited November 2017
    eXtripa69 wrote: »
    However mordo is immune to ability accuracy modifications ... so AA shouldn't avoid astral evade
    I thought it was only passive accuracy modifications, like Black Widow and Cross-bones, not things like concussion and neurotoxin, which are debuffs?
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    However AA’s abilities cannot be reduced by anything, so neurotoxin wins.
    Rektor wrote: »
    However AA’s abilities cannot be reduced by anything, so neurotoxin wins.

His ability is bug and doesn't work properly.
    And that doesn't have anything to do with astral evade
  • There is no "official" list of Champions that can avoid Mordo's Astral Evade, as none of them are really supposed to. Those 2 Hit attacks also don't always work. If there is a framerate drop sometimes the Astral Evade will still activate, so some older devices are not consistent with them.

I think the champion that best exemplifies the bug is Elektra. I think moreso than any other champion her ability to bypass the effects of astra evade are hit and miss with her heavy. It obviously works very often, and obviously fails often enough to be noticeable, and when it succeeds it does so in a visual way that makes it seem like a bug more than other champions, at least to my eyes. I even think I can see hints of what is happening in the astral evade mechanism that is causing it to fail. Its part of the "kick back" interacting weirdly with the attack collision detection mechanism, isn't it?
    He doesn't evade quick enough / far enough to avoid the double hit.
  • OnlyOneAboveAllOnlyOneAboveAll Posts: 387 ★★
    There is no "official" list of Champions that can avoid Mordo's Astral Evade, as none of them are really supposed to. Those 2 Hit attacks also don't always work. If there is a framerate drop sometimes the Astral Evade will still activate, so some older devices are not consistent with them.

Ummm..... Yeah.... Drax completely avoids his Astral Evade. Don't have to do much but parry and attack. Been like that since day 1. Drax is a Mordo killer definetaly. Try it yourself.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★

Ummm..... Yeah.... Drax completely avoids his Astral Evade. Don't have to do much but parry and attack. Been like that since day 1. Drax is a Mordo killer definetaly. Try it yourself.

Drax hits through all passive evades. Does it to the spideys too. Nice to have a passive evade counter besides coldsnap/ability reducers
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    He doesn't reduce the ability or anything just that ARCangel's heavy is 3 hits just like the 2 hits of drax ,very fast i see mordo trying to counter Arcangel but right then getting hit by his 2nd and 3rd wings attack in heavy.
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    Elektra and X-23 can also bypass mordo's astral evade with a heavy attack.
    Elektra’s and x-23’s heavies used to be able to bypass it but since the latest update they seem to always get wrecked by his evade.
  • SweatlipSweatlip Posts: 163
    Iceman dies aswell
  • SweatlipSweatlip Posts: 163
    Does
  • henrieshenries Posts: 63
    Dude iceman
  • Nexus_UY_ScutiNexus_UY_Scuti Posts: 480 ★★

And is that Kabam's interpretation of "working as intended"? Inconsistency across devices?
  • LM796LM796 Posts: 55
    Iceman doesn’t get evaded if Mordo has a coldsnap.
  • DarkMalachi2DarkMalachi2 Posts: 73
    I just tried Drax. Didn't work, so I guess the bug has been fixed.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    This was from nearly 3 years ago...gosh dang
  • There is no "official" list of Champions that can avoid Mordo's Astral Evade, as none of them are really supposed to. Those 2 Hit attacks also don't always work. If there is a framerate drop sometimes the Astral Evade will still activate, so some older devices are not consistent with them.

Sabre with km synergy can.

Iceman can with cold snap.

Probably BW too... Possibly even quake as her concussion is on