**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AW: Should those who miss placement be able to attack?

Was having a conversation with my alliance and an interesting question came up. We know not placing a defender in a node gives a free attack bonus to whoever traverses through it however…..

Should some one who doesn’t place defenders or join placement phase be able to join attack phase? Currently they can and I’m wondering what people think about it 🤔. My alliance is torn on it and some say they shouldn’t be able to help clear if they missed placement, others obviously like the current way and think it’s fine. What are your thoughts?

AW: Should those who miss placement be able to attack? 113 votes

No Placement, No attack: If you can’t join one part of AW then you should be excluded from all parts!
22%
SighsohardPiviotTendersquadTheHeroDeservedJakearoundChuck_Canuck75JimmyBspigwenderUsername19273CapdevilasebNastyPhishCap_MuricaSpecMRiptideShepKanonnMatthew950RunavargrMrSakuragiTenukering 25 votes
No placement, No Problem: So what he our guy slept through placement, He’s still going to handle your korg!
66%
DNA3000winterthurCrys23SnakeEyes69DrZolaLeNoirFaineantBitterSteelHort4zuffyKDoggg2017AzKicker316phillgreenTerraShaggyMDeathlySHIELDCat_MurdockcaptaincushQuikPikfrodo2377LilMaddogHT 75 votes
People still care about AW?
11%
SnizzbarWorld EaterRaganatorDrenlinSpeedbumpRaichu626Wine_Loverdude10DeaconFlintTheSavageAMS94Doctorwho13Yeig 13 votes

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    No placement, No Problem: So what he our guy slept through placement, He’s still going to handle your korg!
    What was the concern in your alliance on not placing defenders?
  • RunavargrRunavargr Posts: 180 ★★
    No Placement, No attack: If you can’t join one part of AW then you should be excluded from all parts!
    Not really a concern just some thought that if some one skipped on placement they shouldn’t be allowed to attack. I was curious what other people thought
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    I have weaker team members that are no gud but participate as best they can, which is by moving ahead and staying out of my way while I look after the fights.

It seems silly to be forced to place defenders just to be able to walk an empty path.

Take the free points for the tile and move on with life. It all works itself out in the end.
    I've noticed that reinforcements are often called in when the guys who placed can't handle our defense. Doesn't bother me at all.
  • dude10dude10 Posts: 16
    People of course still care about AW, even if late entry?🤔🤔
    We participated in season one to messing around in 30.

Free stuff is free stuff.
  • AMS94AMS94 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★★
    Not being able to place defense already penalizes the alliance in terms of bonus & diversity, which is already punishing enough fr people who care about AW
    If he won't be able to join attack, that will further penalize the alliance by eliminating the backup option & it might be too much to handle fr a mistake
  • AburaeesAburaees Posts: 514 ★★★
    I’d rather be missing a set of defenders than a set of attackers. Attackers score more points than defenders.
    Missing both would be a far more severe handicap for the Battle Group.
  • awesomesauceawesomesauce Posts: 774 ★★★
    Really Kabam should enable some sort of feature called like "auto place season defense"

For the first season war, set defense from all participants, then hit "Lock In". Then for the following 9 wars, just have them hit "Auto-Place" and automatically set defense from the alliance.

The only drawback to coding that will be mastery configurations, if someone turns off/on certain masteries for defense. Ideally, how the masteries are set for the initial placement should be the automatic masteries used for all placements.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,630 ★★★★★
    For someone who is in the endgame, I play fairly casually. I am on a lower tier alliance because I have made friends even with far lower rosters than myself. Maybe this is just because I am in such a position with a more relaxed viewpoint, but sometimes I just get busy irl and don't have time to log in during certain 24 hr periods. I don't think that should be penalized with making me miss getting to attack. There should be some margin of error in allowing people to join a game mode instead of requiring high levels of communication, regularity, and/or commitment. If you get to the higher tiers of war, I don't think you'll run into players failing to place defenders. If it bothers you that people don't place them, it is just a symptom of the particular place you happen to be in the game.

Really, the alliance is already penalized because they don't have more defenders placed. Doesn't seem necessary to not allow people to attack because of it. There is still a limit on how many people can join each map, so it is not like it is overbalanced or anything. I just fail to see why you want it otherwise.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Runavargr said:

Not really a concern just some thought that if some one skipped on placement they shouldn’t be allowed to attack. I was curious what other people thought

I don't see why. i'm not saying this is *the* reason why you should allow this, but here's an example of the kinds of circumstances alliances should be free to manage themselves. Suppose you have an alliance with 28 members. Nine place in each of the three battlegroups. Where should the last guy place? Where ever he places, that's the only group he can enter. What if you want to allow him to enter which ever group needs the most help? You could allow him to not place at all, which then "unlocks" him to enter anywhere.

Maybe you're willing to give up the defenders to do this. Maybe this is a bad idea. But whether it is a bad idea or a good idea, we should allow alliances the freedom to decide for themselves. If someone can't make it during placement but can make it for attack, it should be up to the alliance to decide if that's okay. Maybe a player literally has no defenders to place because he started playing yesterday. It should be up to the alliance to decide what to do about that. As long as defender placement is not mandatory, and at the moment there's is no reason for it to be, I see no reason for the game logic to take a decision away from the alliances during war.
    We just lost a war due to being 10 defenders lighter than the other alliance.

If we were forced to place, we would've won

Can I change my vote :smiley:
  • You can’t force people to place but ultimately a lot of this sort of thing is down to the alliance you choose to be in. My current alliance would lynch you for not placing but you’d still be in attack and probably hoping like hell you get the chance to atone for your mistake. Also at high tier war it’s not necessarily such a big deal in terms of points - if your bg is averaging 2 deaths per war then chances are your defenders probably weren’t getting any kills anyway and would just be full AB.

Life happens. What happens if you leave your phone at home, it breaks, something crazy pushes the game out of the window? Should your whole alliance pay the price by not having any back up? Placement starts after I’m in bed usually and if I’m going into the office I don’t pick up MCoC until I’m making my morning brew at work. If I have no phone I’m probably not going to place until 6 when I’m home - if I still remember!
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited January 2022
    As long as the defenders(the ones that placed the defender) get to enter I’m fine

No matter what option I chose

Edit: the edit is the parts in ()