**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is taunt now officially useless?

firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★
With the increase in the ai not doing their specials, is taunt just like... pointless now?
It's kind of sad because I was legitimately laughing with Spiderham's insane damage.

Comments

• Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,724 ★★★★

With the increase in the ai not doing their specials, is taunt just like... pointless now?
    It's kind of sad because I was legitimately laughing with Spiderham's insane damage.

He threw the special after taunt here.
    https://youtu.be/YtbleJYjn1Q
  • firemoon712firemoon712 Posts: 546 ★★★

What I mean is when I use him.
    He has taunt on the opponent but even after baiting for the entire duration of taunt, they don't throw the special, making Spiderham's major source of damage worthless.
  • Knullvoid235Knullvoid235 Posts: 158
    I use him regularly and his taunts work 90% of the time. Even on the variant 4 path where the defenders are 'more likely to throw sp3s'. Rng is rng.
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,631 ★★★★★
    I mean....... you're saying that the game mechanic (taunt) put in place to specifically counter the problem that you find (AI not throwing special attacks) is useless because it isn't really the best way to counter the problem? A bit thrown by your logic.

It is also never (as far as I know) 100% chance for the AI to throw a special. It is a similar problem to people complaining about rng giving them bad champs. Maybe you're just getting unlucky, or maybe you could play the game differently and get better results. Doesn't mean the game is broken.
  • Total_Domin01Total_Domin01 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    It’s a subtle change in the actions of the computer, not visible like bleed or something. You’re not going to instantly see them launch a special right after activating the taunt, just makes the odds a bit higher. I personally managed to solo the DP xforce in v8 with my gold pool, taunt worked just fine in making him do his specials. (In a node where he isn’t supposed to throw his specials)
  • RiderofHellRiderofHell Posts: 4,399 ★★★★★
    Taunting for me is useful when comes to crystals 😂
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    edited January 2022
    I wonder whether taunt is actually the thing that appears to be working less effectively. Taunt could be working normally—but against a proc rate for throwing specials that has somehow unintentionally gotten lowered as the AI has changed and become more passive.

Dr. Zola
  • mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    edited January 2022
    It is driving you crazy? Do you feel like it's taunting you? If so, then it's working. :-)

It's just the description of how it works right now is just a visual glitch caused by a needed frame rate adjustment.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★

The fact that yours happened and it did this time doesn't mean the AI generally is stingy with specials. The AI behavior has changed doesn't mean we aren't able to do the things we did before at all
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    I don’t feel like taunt is working as well as it should.
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
    edited January 2022
    J0eySn0w said:

The fact that yours happened and it did this time doesn't mean the AI generally is stingy with specials. The AI behavior has changed doesn't mean we aren't able to do the things we did before at all
    I'm not sure what I was saying here, meant to say the AI behavior is off. If your taunt worked this time doesn't mean it's working like it did before. Almost everything is off in the game atm.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    The AI doesnt seem to respond to Stark Spidermans taunt until I attempt to refresh it, then the AI is happy to dash in for a combo.