**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

What motivates you to play the game?

13»

Comments

• doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,715 ★★★
    Kerneas said:

I need a bit of an encouragement, so I ask what is it that keeps you playing?

Today I have turned on the game, I wanted to play a bit. I am pretty casual and not very active (except for daily logins etc), so when I get in mood, I play an hour or two here and there.

However today has been one huge disappointment. I decided to do one path in 7.1.6, idc about items, just wanted to progress a bit bcs Act 7 is fun and I think the exploration rewards could be nice eventually.

First fight my champ threw heavy and got smacked into KO, even tho I didn't press anything. This happens sometimes, so I reset, no big deal. I got plenty of refills.

On second try I got through. Was unusually laggy, but I lost hp bcs of my mistakes, there's no running from that. My fault only

Next fight the game crashed, so I had to re-do it.

Then the game decided that I am not blocking even when I clearly was holding block. That's where I ran out of patience and shut it down.

I don't blame anyone, I believe devs are doing their best to fix this (it surely hurts their business), however I am pretty discouraged. It has been like this for months and getting worse and worse, so what keeps you hooked to the game? I play too long and am too addicted to uninstall, but except for daily login I don't have any motivation to spend time in-game. That's why I ask this (title). Thanks for your inputs

Same as you. Don't play as much anymore, more specific about when I play. Mainly log in throughout day to do AW and AQ. At beginning of month, I do a lot to explore EQ for 5* / 6* shards.
    Still have a LOT to do. I'm TB but I've pretty much stopped there. Haven't even touch Act 7 and several variants. . . My ❤ hasn't been in it much lately 😩

Still enjoy collecting new heroes and ranking them up. . . Occasionally learning how to use them. Once in a while, may try arena for something. Like I did with BW recently, got her 5*. Otherwise, it's blahhhh.
  • KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,202 ★★★★
    Bcuz is a video game that I still find entertaining. It casually passes the time and I'm still looking forward to lots of non-MCU Marvel characters I grew up reading like WonderMan. Maybe Kushala, Crystal, and Omega Sentinel too.
    .... Oh WAIT! 🥸😈

I play the game to have fun, and I am not concerned with completing everything. I am TB and am exploring 7.3, but I feel no rush to finish. Same with Variant 8.

I also like ranking up champs that I like, so that's motivation.

We seem to have much in common, my friend. 🤓👍

The game is nostalgia for me. It’s complicated and it helps me to escape reality. I almost died a couple of years ago, and I spent a ton of time on here, playing, chatting and trying to keep positive (which I did - except when I sucked at AW).

Now it’s nostalgia. Good people. Fun surprises.

Why complain about things in a game? I fall into that trap sometimes too, but there’s too many positives here, the community is great and it’s a great escape to be able to play with childhood comic heroes and villains.

Thank you all.

Absolutely agree. It's Marvel. It's a video game. What more do I need? 😹
  • psp742psp742 Posts: 2,247 ★★★★
    I have invested quite a lot of time and money into it... probably more than I should have spent.. I play because I like the teammates and the group I am with.. I dunno why probably nostalgia of playing with some of my favorite Marvel characters.. although MCU reality and Kabam MCoC don't reflect each other.. sort if like different dimension..

Nick Fury is better than Sentry.. ?!?
    Thanos is not even a top champion.. ?!?

it's Kabams Marvel dimension so what they decide is what it its going to be. and I'm sort of ok with it.
  • MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I'm in a similar situation to you.
    I have TB and have been playing pretty casual for a couple of years.
    The game is convenient when I'm bored, it's almost autopilot.

I've had that feeling of once I hit Cav, TB, after gifting (new years resolution) then I'll quit, but I keep opening the game.

The game doesn't excite me in the same way it did in the past; my roster covers most situations and I'm not interested in war, so I don't feel the need to regularly rank up champs.

I don't know what can make it exciting again.
  • I like the competitive aspect of AW. All I want is a little blue title that says master
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    Managing alliances is what makes me play this game till now... Been here for 2 years so time investment is another factor u can say.
  • The_man001The_man001 Posts: 624 ★★★
    edited January 2022

Managing alliances is what makes me play this game till now... Been here for 2 years so time investment is another factor u can say.

And the thing that forces me to stop playing is the stress level and frustration in here.
    After a busy day we play games for fun.
    At that time i really don't like getting k. O. D in the middle of quests. Its so frustrating.
    I play lower difficultly nowadays(though my roster can handle cav eq) , uc eq once completion if i have time then rarely some months i do uc eq 100%, only, and side quests sometimes.

Aw is probably the most stressful thing in here with bugs going on. Was so much peaceful when there was no aw this few weeks.

And being leader of 2 alliances I guess i can say in past few months many retired and many left platinum alliances for gold cause of this stress.
  • MityAntMityAnt Posts: 151
    New content & online friendships made
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    Kerneas said:

I need a bit of an encouragement, so I ask what is it that keeps you playing?

I could say I still enjoy playing the content or I like collecting champions, but I don't think that's the right answer. I think the real reason why I keep playing has to do with everyone else's reasons for being discouraged. People say the game isn't skill based anymore, or it is too RNG based, or it is too pay to win, or or or a long list of things that they say makes the game something they wouldn't want to play.

My goal is not to fully explore Act 7 or collect every 6* or get to four million rating. I'm aiming for all those things, but that's only half the story. My actual goal is to do all those things on my own terms. The challenge is to get to fully explore all the content. The meta challenge is to do so playing the game the way I want.

The players who say the game is not skill based, maybe it isn't the way they play it. It is to me, because on my terms I'm challenging my skill. That's all that matters to me. The players who say the game is pay to win, maybe it is to them, but it isn't to me because none of the things I'm trying to accomplish can be accomplished by spending. And remember, I'm not trying to reach four million rating: you can do that by just spending. I'm trying to reach four million rating playing on my terms, and my terms don't allow for unlimited spending.

Maybe this is just a mind game I'm playing with my own head, but I continue to play the game because I continue to enjoy playing the game. And I continue to enjoy playing the game in spite of the bugs and performance anomalies and game economy issues and grind time constraints and what everyone else is saying and doing because for me the real challenge is: can I play the game on my terms and my terms alone, and make it work. As long as I can, I'll continue to play.
  • NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 536 ★★★
    Arena and unit grinding for the July 4th and Cyber Weekend deals. Idk it’s just a fun pursuit.
  • KingInBlackKingInBlack Posts: 308 ★★★
    Repetition
  • TerraTerra Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Stubbornness.
    And my alliance