**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

An Update to Balancing in MCOC!

Comments

• Skiddy212Skiddy212 Posts: 1,101 ★★★★
    ESF said:

Skiddy212 said:

ESF said:

Ninjadebi said:

So basically long:short; we can’t even fulfill 2 year old promises to you, so allow us to release this new dumpster fire that will try to make you forget about our previously unfulfilled commitments. Oh and while you’re hopefully looking at this shiny object over here, we’re also openly telling you that we’re going to go ahead and nerf champions whenever we feel like it after we squeeze your wallets through Cavalier or other crystals and say “oh oops that champion isn’t functioning as intended”.

You guys may as well just come out and say you’re bent on burying this game 6 feet under.

This game isn’t going to last forever, and maybe it’s viewed as sunk cost — it’s an older game, now.

I don’t know what will be the end of this game. I do know this: Players genuinely looked forward to buffs each month. Now those are being cut down.

It’s definitely not easy to get 5/6-star rarities of characters released in the same calendar year. Not saying it’s impossible. Just saying that with more than 200 characters or so in the game…man. I don’t know.

I said this recently: I don’t understand Kabam and how they approach things. I really don’t.
    This game is not a sunk cost lol😂😂
    Honest question: Would you explain how you feel that this game, seven years in, isn’t sunk cost?
    You are looking at this game like it’s a waste of kabam’s time an are gaining nothing in return for their investment.

Unlike many that think it, this game isn’t dying. They make money, regardless of how much people think they’ve lost on all the “horrible” deals they give us. You also don’t put time into a game like this an release videos of upcoming stuff, a new game mode, input fixes, this balance update etc. for a game that’s just a “sunk cost” to them

You saying this is a sunk cost makes it seem like they are putting the effort (time and money) in for this stuff and will receive nothing. That is not the case. They will still turn a pretty profit for their efforts.
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    It is refreshing to occasionally see just how stupid most of the playerbase is
  • WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    @DNA3000 I may not agree with you on everything but I'm definitely glad you're still in the game and a voice that carries at least some weight
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    "These new balancing initiatives will be spearheaded by an expanded Champion Balancing team here at Kabam. The newest recruit to the team is a beloved community member"

This is the single most intriguing thing about the whole post..... so they hired someone from here, from the forums, to work directly on the buff program.

Who, is this community member that they hired to work on this new Champion Balancing team???

My bet (hope) is on @BitterSteel . He has written extensively about the buff program , really well thought out posts. Besides, if my memory served me right I think he has degrees/background in statistics/data analytics so he fits the bill perfectly. And he is also well loved and respected in the forums.

Another (wishful thinking) one could be perhaps @DNA3000 ? Similar reasons as above.

.... or maybe is a forum mod that got promoted to Balancing Team member? Imagine if it's @Kabam Miike ... if it's him then I guess we will FINALLY get a Cyclops buff that would truly make him "EFFECTIVE" !!!! Yay? I guess...

But ah well, I guess we'll know when we'll know.
This discussion has been closed.