**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

An Update to Balancing in MCOC!

Comments

• KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    More communication with players and the beta actually do sound very good! Hope that I somewhen get to participate (even for 1 champion once), it feels good to be able to give feedback.

Ngl, I am a bit sad for no Feb buffs, but I can get over it.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★
    Done2023 said:

Done2023 said:

Disappointed 100%. What's the point now in putting sig stones into my 6* Herc? You guys are going to nurf like there's no tomorrow. Complete BS. Screw trying to get new champs, I hope this blows up in your faces.

Where did they say that?
    Read it. They're talking about re-balancing of champs not just "new" champs. That's why they stated Namor and Cull nurfs as that we just didn't understand the balancing and still use them. I don't use either, they are both trash imo.
    This has always been the case. They've been very open about rebalances. Nether Cull or Namor are trash. It's okay that you can't use anyone but CG or Doom, doesn't mean other champs are trash.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,862 ★★★★★

How are you guys finding new ways to make the game less interesting with each month? Monthly Buffs were the best thing introduced in a while and it's been 2 months since we got the last buff. Missin out on January made complete sense but you guys have no reason to miss out on Feb. Why was there a need to bring a new project when you guys are already working on a new engine? Just work on whatever you guys promised us.

I have a feeling that the holidays weren’t the only thing preventing the Jan. buffs
    Pretty amazing how often you're on these forums and you're still helping spread misinformation regarding how things are done in their studio.

The people working on the engine aren't the ones working on champions. Why is it so hard for you all to understand this?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,191 ★★★★★
    thepiggy said:

Why does Namor's regen need a nerf but Diablo's is okay? It's hard to take these calls for balance seriously.

If memory serves, it wasn't the amount he Regened. It was that he was regenerating more than he was taking. Which is why it's useful to have further indicators of their perspectives and goals. There is a myriad of ways they can be looking at the data and approaching these. It's a matter of us both getting on the same page.

• Will STORM hair be changed? And what are the chances of Deadpool (RED) getting new animations too?
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 732 ★★★
    After rereading and reading the comments here, I honestly think it looks promising and hopefully a lot of champs will get a Human Torch treatment. I could easily mention a couple of 2021 champs who could use some tuning, so they could leave the bench.

I'm just nervous reading about Namor, who I honestly think was 'balanced' to such a degree that nobody really use him as a top choice anymore. I understand why the raptures had to get changed but his regen could have been left unchanged.

Personally I don't understand enough of the games mechanics in order to understand if newly released champs are going to be OP based on their champion description. Therefore, this change will definitely keep me from purchasing new preview bundles or feature crystals before I'm sure the champ isn't given the Namor treatment. Maybe transparency and good communication is required on a monthly basis after a champ is released?
This discussion has been closed.