**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is Miles worth ranking unawakened?

OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,670 ★★★★
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips
Just wrapped up 7.1 and picked up a Science 1-2 rank up gem.

I’ve got most of the ‘usual suspects’ in Science already ranked between my 5 and 6*s, so want to rank a science champ that brings something new. I’m leaning pretty heavily towards Miles given his camouflage/unblockable utility, however he is unawakened (I wouldn’t even be asking if he was already awakened). I believe his awakened ability just helps him ramp to up to better damage faster, and doesn’t really improve on the core camo utility.

The other science champs I have with unique abilities that I am considering (Mr F, Thing, Red G) also need to be awakened to be at their full potential, and to my knowledge need their awakened ability more than Miles.

Interested in those folks using Miles POV on his worthiness for Rank 2 and how much he needs to be awakened.

Thanks!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Ace2319Ace2319 Posts: 619 ★★★
    It gives him some damage but his main utility is on his base so I’d rank him unduped
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★
    He's still got all his Utility and Solid Damage Unawakened, it's just that in longer matchups his Ramp Up will run out after a certain point.
    The Awakened Ability gives him that crazy Damage Potential but more importantly allows his Ramp Up to be repeated, however in shorter to average matchups you'll rarely have to worry about running out of Ramp Up.
    So I'd say he's Definitely worth a rank up even Unawakened.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,670 ★★★★
    Thanks all - looks like he is going to R2 next level up…