**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

How about summoners get a six month trial run with champs? Lol

Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 528 ★★★
edited February 2022 in General Discussion
Kabam is the professional company that gets to test these champs before they release them and now they’re giving themselves a loophole to Nerf there champions six months down the road after they created them and tested them. Kabam is the professional company if they get a Mulligan shouldn’t the summoners who spent time money and resources get mulligans on champs also? I think it would only be fair for us to get a six month run on new champs we put resources in and if we don’t like the way it’s going to be able to get those resources back? You can’t honestly expect anyone to invest in New champ calve crystals or new champ bundles if there’s a chance that those champs get changed in six months without us getting some kind of compensation back.
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    I have to check dictionary to understand a specific word in your message. Learnt something new. :)

What do you suggest to be given back by Summoners' if the re-balancing result is the champ getting better?
  • Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 528 ★★★
    edited January 2022

I have to check dictionary to understand a specific word in your message. Learnt something new. :)

What do you suggest to be given back by Summoners' if the re-balancing result is the champ getting better?

This was more or less a joke saying they are the professional team developing these champions and testing these champions before they are released but now they want to use summoners in the actual game as beta testers by calculating the data for six months and then rebalancing them.

And if they happen to rebalance the champion for the better nobody would need anything back but if they’re having to balance them for the better I doubt many summoners were investing a lot of resources into ranking them up if they were not very good.

Just don’t think it’s fair that they use their endgame platform to figure out if they think the champion is too strong or not strong enough and then change the champion.

I’m sure they make a lot of money on people mine the new champion featured cavalier crystals in the new feature bundles why would anyone dump a lot of money on those figuring they are risky odds anyway especially if they’re going after a very strong champion that could possibly be re-balanced and toned down

• CaptainGameCaptainGame Posts: 369 ★★★

In what business are you in where the customers have to pay a business back when the business makes changes after purchase?
  • BigManOnCampusBigManOnCampus Posts: 376 ★★★

In what business are you in where the customers have to pay a business back when the business makes changes after purchase?
    Rental lease with option to buy , many companies do that .
  • KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,722 ★★★★★
    6 months is long, but getting the new champs for 2 weeks each (so that it adds to the month) is sth I fully support
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

And if they happen to rebalance the champion for the better nobody would need anything back but if they’re having to balance them for the better I doubt many summoners were investing a lot of resources into ranking them up if they were not very good.

I’m sure they make a lot of money on people mine the new champion featured cavalier crystals in the new feature bundles why would anyone dump a lot of money on those figuring they are risky odds anyway especially if they’re going after a very strong champion that could possibly be re-balanced and toned down
    It is difficult to label a general term "better". Did Hood became better after the rework? Perhaps for the majority (and still did not rank him up after) but not for those who ranked them up for a specific attribute Hood had before the reworked.

Was Falcon good before the reworked? and I have seen account with Falcon as their top champ way before the buff program was on.

I don't know why would anyone dump 9k cash on a gifting event but there are. If the Summoner is end-game, and have lots of resources, chasing prestige, does it matter if the new champ is a dud?

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/144305/how-dare-you-give-namor-a-higher-prestige-than-goldpool
  • Please use the designated sticky thread for discussion of this subject.
This discussion has been closed.