**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Thoughts on the daily card?

Comments

• AinyAiny Posts: 249 ★★★

Meanwhile the Lunar New Year gifting event will get you some 4 star shards, battle chips, and loyalty lol.

okay, but you cannot say the whole LNY event isn't great... minimal effort for tons of units
  • TheBoogyManTheBoogyMan Posts: 2,094 ★★★★★

Hopefully these offers don't become the normal from now on.

Its so disgusting to see this happening

You are so weird lately.

Even I noticed this.
  • MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,701 ★★★★★
    Seeing that Cav got only 1 10% in the offer, it seems like a mistake unless there is now that big of a divide between the two.
  • Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 578 ★★★

Seeing that Cav got only 1 10% in the offer, it seems like a mistake unless there is now that big of a divide between the two.

There is a big divide now, people have multiple r4s, 20+ r3 isn’t uncommon. Thronebreaker title is nearly two years old and if you haven’t achieved it you aren’t ready, don’t care to push, or haven’t played long enough. No reason cav players need things that aren’t required for the content they are on.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Drake2078 said:

After their balancing announcement, they want to distracte everyone with a good offer.

Don't worry. The F2P community is keeping vigil. Thank us later
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,532 ★★★★
    It made me spend money on it and that’s super rare…pulled 1 mutant and 1 science T5CC
    From the cav nexus I pulled 1 6* nexus, 1 5* nexus and 3 5* champs

I certainly can’t complain…
  • MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    @Burrito2525 I put up a post on this recently on late game champ acquisition for TBs.

I have only 100% 7.3, 7.2 act 6 and abyss in static content to get additional 6*. That's 4 nexus and the abyss nexus. No other 6* shards left, bar one 7.2 and one 7.3 path.

Similar for t5b and t5cc; it's really just the glory store and monthly EQ once I get act 7 done.

I am *really* tempted by this offer, but I have 6 unused whole t5cc that I don't have anyone I feel worth using on. The t5b are tempting too. But I just know the 6* will be duds and then I'll have 8 t5cc, with a good chance of mutant or cosmic going into overflow.

While this is kind of off topic, there are a lot of TBs who won't necessarily see great value here.
  • Monk1Monk1 Posts: 743 ★★★★
    I have TB account and don’t see this as a Great offer (unless you are frequent spender) it did not make me buy it.

Shards are ok, but with such a big champ pool your 98% getting rubbish.

T2a is already massively available in game - can’t even use what have.

T5b - would be very useful, but 3 is not enough.

6* stones are ok. Not going make any difference to prestige in short term.

T5cc - have about 11 of these already, so come very easy from Aq.

What we need is more r4 materials!
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,534 ★★★★★
    edited February 2022
    Ercarret said:

It's an amazing offer but I agree with KT1 about how it really highlights how difficult it is to earn those resources in the game just by playing content. We're seeing Thronebreaker money offers but no Thronebreaker monthly content/rewards. That irks me a bit.

I echo these thoughts and concerns as well. The real divide I see if between spenders and non spenders in the TB title class. With resources harder to come by in game for a lot of these materials it’s pushing the higher tier of the game to a place where you NEED to spend on a regular basis to keep up with your roster development.

Where is the routine solo content where equivalent resources can be earned through skill? Content that allows talented low spenders/FTP players to have rosters that makes them competitive at high tiers?

Why hasn’t there been more SoP like content that allows us to earn R4 resources?

And I say this as a spender
    DNA3000 said:

To be fair, there are those who have the same opinion about these kinds of statements. And while I understand some of the concern, if I'm being honest if I'm forced to pick a side I'd probably lean towards them.

Balancing the different player groups in monetization and resource balancing systems is never an easy task. No one gets it perfectly right, no one gets it absolutely wrong. But by in large literally *everything* you can do at all in this game you can do as a free to play player. The only things you can't easily do free to play is compete head to head against large spenders for the simple and obvious reason that if everyone could compete against the large spenders, that would be proof spending had no benefit (unless literally all of the large spenders were skillless, which is a nonsensical assumption).

This is not an easy property to engineer into a free to play game like this: not all such games do. And it is the most important one when it comes to actual game play. In fact, I would say this is 95% of what a free to play game should offer to its free to play players; no artificial spending gates to game content. Everything else is gravy.

When I hear people say that it frustrates, sickens, or disgusts them that this game which has let millions of people play it completely for free with almost no barriers to their gameplay at all has the gall to monetize top 10% progression speed, top 1% roster progression, and top 0.1% competition in a way that just doesn't meet their game design utopia benchmarks, I find it increasingly difficult to sympathize with them.
    Well said. For me, I don’t have a problem with the cash offers as they currently are constructed, but it does feel out of balance with what can be achieved in reoccurring monthly rewards. Spenders would still have the edge of completing this content AND purchasing these type of offers. Where it feels out of balance at the moment is I can take a month off of playing (except daily log ins) and still earn more in game rewards that a FTP who does all the content in January.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,107 ★★★★★
    Theoretically I don't see anything wrong with spenders being able to progress more than F2P - this allows the game to thrive ad-free, keep going etc.

I guess the real issue here is that the progress being offered for spending on a daily card is "literally" 20x more than what you can earn playing free in the same time period if you are only completing new content.

Now as someone who spends very moderately but regularly I can safely say this is the best daily card I've ever seen/purchased, but it still rubs me wrong that I can get all this so easily. I still grind like a F2P also, outside of doing arena to milestones (as do many if not all spenders I'd guess), so I know the graft it takes to get what's offered for free each month.

I can see why it's disgusting. On one hand I can say this is the sort of value real money should have been getting before this... but on the other hand if they don't also up the rewards of general content that F2P can access then it really makes the already present divide even wider, and discourages a large proportion of the player base.
  • Burrito2525Burrito2525 Posts: 501 ★★★
    Of course spenders should have an edge vs F2P, if there wasn’t an edge then why would anyone spend… thank all the spenders on this game or it would go the way of many other f2p games… ads galore or the game dies..

Is this the best daily card every… you bet, can the same rewards be grinded…. Nope, but oh well.. i bought it, it doesn’t change my account at all and now my account is 2 r3s stronger than before which means nothing to anyone…doesn’t change my war or aq status, just makes me happy. F2P players seems to want the same benefits as someone who drops 1000s on the game, its not going to happen, f2p need to come to terms with that. Spend or be happy with the extra money in your pockets
    Bugmat78 said:

Theoretically I don't see anything wrong with spenders being able to progress more than F2P - this allows the game to thrive ad-free, keep going etc.

I guess the real issue here is that the progress being offered for spending on a daily card is "literally" 20x more than what you can earn playing free in the same time period if you are only completing new content.

Now as someone who spends very moderately but regularly I can safely say this is the best daily card I've ever seen/purchased, but it still rubs me wrong that I can get all this so easily. I still grind like a F2P also, outside of doing arena to milestones (as do many if not all spenders I'd guess), so I know the graft it takes to get what's offered for free each month.

I can see why it's disgusting. On one hand I can say this is the sort of value real money should have been getting before this... but on the other hand if they don't also up the rewards of general content that F2P can access then it really makes the already present divide even wider, and discourages a large proportion of the player base.

Exactly my thinking. The problem isn’t spenders, it’s the proportional access to these materials in routine content.
  • BigBlueOx said:

DNA3000 said:

To be fair, there are those who have the same opinion about these kinds of statements. And while I understand some of the concern, if I'm being honest if I'm forced to pick a side I'd probably lean towards them.

Balancing the different player groups in monetization and resource balancing systems is never an easy task. No one gets it perfectly right, no one gets it absolutely wrong. But by in large literally *everything* you can do at all in this game you can do as a free to play player. The only things you can't easily do free to play is compete head to head against large spenders for the simple and obvious reason that if everyone could compete against the large spenders, that would be proof spending had no benefit (unless literally all of the large spenders were skillless, which is a nonsensical assumption).

This is not an easy property to engineer into a free to play game like this: not all such games do. And it is the most important one when it comes to actual game play. In fact, I would say this is 95% of what a free to play game should offer to its free to play players; no artificial spending gates to game content. Everything else is gravy.

When I hear people say that it frustrates, sickens, or disgusts them that this game which has let millions of people play it completely for free with almost no barriers to their gameplay at all has the gall to monetize top 10% progression speed, top 1% roster progression, and top 0.1% competition in a way that just doesn't meet their game design utopia benchmarks, I find it increasingly difficult to sympathize with them.
    Well said. For me, I don’t have a problem with the cash offers as they currently are constructed, but it does feel out of balance with what can be achieved in reoccurring monthly rewards. Spenders would still have the edge of completing this content AND purchasing these type of offers. Where it feels out of balance at the moment is I can take a month off of playing (except daily log ins) and still earn more in game rewards that a FTP who does all the content in January.
    I get that. Someone recently asked me a question which required me to consider (as a component of answering it) how much R4 would I have added to the game if I was in charge of such decisions. My very rough estimate is that I would have added about 25% less R4 materials in in-game rewards and 50% less R4 materials in cash offers. I think the overall rate is higher than I would do, and the cash vs in-game resource ratio is somewhat higher than I would prefer.

Whether that makes the current numbers "wrong" is a separate issue, because these are not decisions that have one right answer. It depends on what your goals are. So I think it is fine if people think the goals represented by the current resource availability situation doesn't match their own.

As to the notion that the rewards in a single offer can dwarf the rewards you can earn in-game in a month, I can see how that can be something people would focus on, but I tend to take a larger and longer term perspective. Most cash offers aren't like that: most actually suck. And while some players "skim" only the best cash offers that arrive, a lot of players spend more on a budget (particularly a higher percentage of the whales) and so they tend to see an average return on investment far lower than the value of the best offers.

People need to feel like they are getting something for their efforts, whether it is general gameplay, grinding, or spending. But it is extremely difficult to do this with a constant set of "ok" rewards. People don't work that way. Instead, it is much easier if you take those average rewards, throw them into a big pile, and then make a couple of great bundles and a bunch of sad ones. Because sad sad sad ohmygod sad sad sad sad holycrap is actually much more impactful. We do this with in-game rewards: most rewards are just stuff but occasionally we get the big banana. Most offers are like this: a bunch of low value rewards and then occasionally a few big ones.

We need those Abyss rewards occasionally to keep our reptilian brain in the game, and I think the spenders need the occasional high value offer to keep them excited to spend. Because we can't microtarget cash offers, we will sometimes have offers like the card where some players look at two T5CC and think that's a mega blockbuster thing that would take so long to earn in the game it is borderline broken, and other players think that's just two more of something they are getting tons of over the course of a year.
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★

No, hopefully next month Kabam doesn't go back to offering trash. I didn't even get it, but come on! Why shouldn't the game progress already? They need to improve in-game rewards you can earn from beating content though too. Not just crazy good deals you can buy sometimes. Give people a reason to PLAY the game, not just SPEND on the game. I don't want to spend on a game I am losing the joy of playing.
  • HilldarHilldar Posts: 191 ★★
    That was an amazing offer. The best offer ever in my opinion. A year ago I would have bought it, but for me this game isn’t worth spending money on anymore.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★

No, hopefully next month Kabam doesn't go back to offering trash. I didn't even get it, but come on! Why shouldn't the game progress already? They need to improve in-game rewards you can earn from beating content though too. Not just crazy good deals you can buy sometimes. Give people a reason to PLAY the game, not just SPEND on the game. I don't want to spend on a game I am losing the joy of playing.
    In-game rewards should be always better than the one's behind a paywall. Its not the case for this game weirdly.

Is not balanced when one is able to get more rewards without playing the game at all, compared to someone who constantly grinds everyday. And of all things, we're talking about MONEY, which isn't even related to the game at all.

Is just disgusting that the game isn't going backwards with this. Especially after all the fiascos that have happened, and will continue to happen
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

Is just disgusting that the game isn't going backwards with this. Especially after all the fiascos that have happened, and will continue to happen
    Then it’s time to leave the game. Because spending has been part of the game for a long time and actually allows the game to continue to exist in the manner it does.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,731 ★★★★★
    ItsDamien said:

Then it’s time to leave the game. Because spending has been part of the game for a long time and actually allows the game to continue to exist in the manner it does.
    Actually, no. Thats just an excuse that most people give, and it doesn't justify this behaviour at this level
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★

ItsDamien said:

Actually, no. Thats just an excuse that most people give, and it doesn't justify this behaviour at this level
    Actually, yes. That’s just a fact that most people can’t take, and doesn’t justify their behaviour at this level.

Works both ways, my guy.