**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Does Stand Your Grounds mastery worth 5/5?

MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
edited January 2022 in Strategy and Tips
I don't do AW

Comments

• mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    Mephisto said:

I don't do AW

Yes it's working as intended. I tried playing against WS in ROL with 2 points and with 5 points and recorded both fights. I didn't fight him, I was just holding block. With 2 points I resisted 2/10 heavy and with 5 points 6/10.. only did it once, so the numbers might differ...but I would say it's working.
    If you use Molegod btw, 3 points in Stand your ground will give you a 100% chance to resist a heavy or unblockable hit, but you will loose the monstermass.
    As mentioned earlier by another member of the community, everything above 2 points, PI isn't good.
  • MephistoMephisto Posts: 522 ★★★
    @mortenhy invested 5/5. No regrets! Thank you.
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    If you don’t do AW, why are you being hit by heavies as an attacker? 😂
    @xNig It's so satisfying to see "Resist" during some crazy AI fights :p
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,221 ★★★★★
    I’ll put those 5 points in MD instead. Also satisfying to see the power gain multiple times per fight 😂
    edited February 2022
    @xNig I have 4/5 in MD and I feel 5/5 would push mystic champs to Sp3 too soon. I own 6*R3 Doom and Claire.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,645 ★★★★★
    It works great...for the defender.

Never saw it explained why it can proc after the first successful hit of a multi-hit heavy either.

Never saw it explained why it can proc after the first successful hit of a multi-hit heavy either.

Kabam being Kabam?
  • EtherealityEthereality Posts: 685 ★★★
    There are only two scenarios on which 5/5 stand your ground is MARGINALLY useful:

1- If your top and most used champ on n your roster is a 5/65 5* or 6* R2-R3 Moleman, you suck at evading unblockables and really Moleman is your only alternative for beating bosses with unblockables. And even if this is the case, you STILL WOULD NEED 3/5 ONLY on stand your ground, 5/5 would be an absolute waste of 2 very valuable mastery points.

2- If you have a roster of highly ranked annoying AW defender champs such as Korg, Thing, Annihilus, Terrax, Peni Parker, etc AND your alliance depends on you in placing those champs as bosses in order to have a chance for winning.

Those are the only two scenarios... and frankly speaking neither of the two are really that worth of spending points in stand tour ground. As mentioned, you're better off using thise points in MD, Deep Wounds, Assassin, etc.... plenty of other much more useful masteries out there imho.
  • mortenhymortenhy Posts: 491 ★★
    Mephisto said:

@xNig It's so satisfying to see "Resist" during some crazy AI fights :p

I totally agree with you 👍
  • emsehven2emsehven2 Posts: 4
    5 if you can spare the mastery point. but 4 is decent of you just need to unlock willpower. people who say they don’t get hit with heavies are full of it. if you play long enough, you will block heavies because of input issues or player error. happens to everyone, even the best of players
  • Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 396 ★★★
    I've considered running 3/5 stand your ground for mole man but i could never quite justify the investment. Maybe if I ever get him to r4 I will