**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How do you fight Mordo?

SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
Hi, just wondering how I can get past Mordo's Astral Evade? I have an unduped Iceman, but not sure if that would exactly do the trick. Any strategies on fighting him are appreciated (Fighting him in Act 5.1.6 btw).

Comments

• MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    Bait heavies and specials then counter. Basically treat him like he's stun immune. Power control will help quite a bit.

Iceman isn't the worst option because his ice armor can save you if you catch a sp3, but I'd go for magik or vision first.
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 ★★★★★
    Mordo is easy. Treat his power gain timer like a bane timer. As long as he isn’t on power gain he attacks normally.
    When and if you stun him watch your stun debuff timer when it’s about to end then hit him. I’m sure some youtuber made a video about how to fight him.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited November 2017
    @Snaggle, there are plenty of videos made to explain how to fight Mordo, for example one video is showing 3 champs thjat can specificially deal with Mordo's Astral Evade bcos of the 2hit strike, one example is DRAX. Pls go ahead google it, and you'll not be disappointed :) Good luck
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,736 ★★★★★
    edited November 2017
    One method I tried is light hit followed by heavy, or heavy but at a slight distance so if Mordo dash, the timing will connect with hit.

For sure, there are better ways and mine is a risk I take.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I've actually learned to Block without triggering Parry when fighting Mordo. It helps. It takes practice, but it's all about timing, just after you would a Parry. Quake helps as well. Using Charges and Edaving after. Miike suggested hitting him when he's Blocking back when he was released, and it does some Damage to do so because he takes a bit through Block. Just practice, mostly. It'll get easier.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,677 ★★★★★
    Parry, wait for the timer to almost run out then hit for a combo.

If he blocks and holds, heavy to stop power gain.

Or use drax and medium hit after parry.
  • SnaggleSnaggle Posts: 226 ★★
    Thank you all! I just beat him (He was a lot easier than I thought, but still a hassle lol).
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Snaggle wrote: »
    Thank you all! I just beat him (He was a lot easier than I thought, but still a hassle lol).

It just takes practice my friend. Glad it worked out.