**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Parry Input Issue - Android Devices [Merged Threads]

Comments

• DraveDrave Posts: 2
    On android its almost unplayable, lagging like hell, cant land parry or block at all
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Dex seems to work better though (for iOS at least)
  • LeoZedLeoZed Posts: 653 ★★★
    I am on Android and feel like I have forgotten how to parry... when I hold block before the parry window, the opponent is parried... the parry window has been shifted... horrible...
  • Nicely done. Every update getting game worst.Parry and dex don't work normally. "New update - million new problem" - what how it locks like !!!
  • Fireheart87Fireheart87 Posts: 86
    Anyone else having this problem since updating there game I'm playing on a Samsung s21 plus and I've had no issues with parry up until I updated my phone yesterday now it's so bad I'm trying not to parry just because I no its not going to work
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★

Don't let this thread die or go down!
    Kabam wants exactly that to happen

Considering they're gathering information and working on putting a Hotfix out, this is simply not the case.
    They "gather" information for each and every issue but on how many do they sincerely act upon?
    They act on all the issues they gather information on. Acting on it is not the same as being able to fix it. If there was an action that could be taken for that, they would take it. It's not as if they're saying, "We see the problem. We know how to fix it. The hell with it.".
    I respectfully disagree sir
    How is it that any bug or issue which benifits the community is solved instantly by the same people but any issue which negatively affect us gets stretched as much as possible?
    Is it a mere co-incidence that they know how to solve positively affecting issues but don't know how to solve negatively impacting issues?
    This is one of the most tired urban legends out there. Was the Ultron bug "instantly fixed?" Bugs that are easy to fix are fixed quickly and game breaking bugs are fixed as quickly as possible. They don't evaluate bugs on whether or not they are "beneficial to players"
    That’s it though, that’s all you all have about positive community bugs. It obviously wasn’t breaking the game or it would have been fixed long ago. Major things that do benefit us get hot fixes was faster and actually work. If someone who has played for 7 years actually kept a log of all these incidents it would be obvious. Being a player that long, it is obvious except to a select group of forum monitors.
    It's two factors. How game breaking it is, and how easy it is to fix.

This android issues for instance a hotfix is already on its way. But those with game engine issues was not as easy to fix and is taking all the time.

Both Ultron and moleman were bugged for months and moleman is still not fixed because it doesn't affect the game as much and other bugs.

Remember a few months ago when we could get all the rewards meant to be obtained over the month within one day? Kabam didn't even bother to fix it even after knowing it because it wasn't need to be fixed.
  • Prime28Prime28 Posts: 45
    Same, missed more than half of the parries... i feel that my reflexes have suddenly slowed down by half
  • lihuahualihuahua Posts: 14
    Android. The parry and block are worse...
  • Same for me too!
  • MrPadzMrPadz Posts: 7
    Yeah, parry timing has shifted back by about half a second. Need to parry when the hit is coming in, not at the point of contact, but even then it's not reliable.
  • Lati840Lati840 Posts: 33
    Hi All,
    Parry is not working after the recent update.. Earlier it was working fine.
  • GAHGAH Posts: 4
    I'm using a Poco x3 and since this new update the game is unplayable. Horrific lag. Played this game for years now and it's never been this bad!
  • Lati840Lati840 Posts: 33
    Yeah Parry is not working. It was better before. I feel so stupid to update, I have monthly quest to finish
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    S20 FE here, I thought I was crazy when my champs aren't blocking in Map 4 AQ
  • GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 212
    This is the intention, every update will have problems in parry, until the day they say that parry is the problem, and thus remove it from the game
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,308 ★★★★★
    doom is just charging heavies after shocking us :D but really worse inputs and extreme lag for me. season shutdown
  • Feeney234Feeney234 Posts: 1,150 ★★★★
    I woke up to find my game auto updated on me. Definitely noticing some input drops and dropped frame rates. Prior to this update my game ran smoothly. No issues at all. Now, its pretty bad.

Playing on a Galaxy S20 Ultra. Noticed input issues in AQ and regular story questing. Ive never experienced anything like this truly makes the game unenjoyable. Please address this Kabam.
  • hoohao4567hoohao4567 Posts: 12
    Lati840 said:

Hi All,
    Parry is not working after the recent update.. Earlier it was working fine.

So what should do now ??
    I also encounter a lot of issues and bugs
  • Maddix11Maddix11 Posts: 33
    LeoZed said:

I am on Android and feel like I have forgotten how to parry... when I hold block before the parry window, the opponent is parried... the parry window has been shifted... horrible...

Exactly this. You now have to block much earlier for a parry. I am also on Android.
  • Maddix11Maddix11 Posts: 33
    Since the new update (I'm on Android), it's like the whole window for parry and block has shifted. You now have to press block notably earlier to have any chance to parry. It is such a big change that it feels unplayable now.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,958 ★★★★★

Considering they're gathering information and working on putting a Hotfix out, this is simply not the case.
    They "gather" information for each and every issue but on how many do they sincerely act upon?
    They act on all the issues they gather information on. Acting on it is not the same as being able to fix it. If there was an action that could be taken for that, they would take it. It's not as if they're saying, "We see the problem. We know how to fix it. The hell with it.".
    How is it that any bug or issue which benifits the community is solved instantly by the same people but any issue which negatively affect us gets stretched as much as possible?
    Is it a mere co-incidence that they know how to solve positively affecting issues but don't know how to solve negatively impacting issues?
    @ItsDamien your wish has been granted.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,958 ★★★★★

This is one of the most tired urban legends out there. Was the Ultron bug "instantly fixed?" Bugs that are easy to fix are fixed quickly and game breaking bugs are fixed as quickly as possible. They don't evaluate bugs on whether or not they are "beneficial to players"
    That’s it though, that’s all you all have about positive community bugs. It obviously wasn’t breaking the game or it would have been fixed long ago. Major things that do benefit us get hot fixes was faster and actually work. If someone who has played for 7 years actually kept a log of all these incidents it would be obvious. Being a player that long, it is obvious except to a select group of forum monitors.
    It's not though. It's just the most recent example.
  • FurrymoosenFurrymoosen Posts: 2,225 ★★★★★
    May not be helpful, definitely not a solution, but depending on your phone this might hold you over until the hotfix (if it works).
    I have a Samsung, so I went into my game launcher and messed with the settings. I have a setting where it caps my games at 48hz, so I turned that on and fighting was significantly improved. Not perfect, but closer to normal feel. Unfortunately, other areas of the game are bit clunky/slow, but it's a temporary trade-off that allows me to participate well in AQ for the sake of my alliance.
    One of my alliance mates also has a Samsung, but his game launcher is a bit different. I suggested he takes his settings from "performance" down to balanced. He also saw improvement in fighting.
    This isn't a fix, but may save a few headaches/items while we wait for one, if your phone has these capabilities. Once the hotfix is out I'm changing my settings right back to where they should be because no one should have to sacrifice areas of gameplay for the sake of others, but at least I can play the game without losing my mind for now.
  • AtyachaariAtyachaari Posts: 3
    I have an Asus ROG 2 and the game has been lagging consistently ever since the latest update (33.3.0)
  • Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 515 ★★★
    Kabam Boo said:

Hi folks, if you don't mind, we'd like to get some clarification on something.

When you press for Block, would you say that the timing of the block and when you press is off? Or, is it that when you press for Block, the Champion does not Block at all?

As always, any videos of these occurrences would be very helpful to the team! Thanks in advance! :)

For me it's like the window to parry is much earlier. I've been able to parry, I have just had to adjust my timing. Still makes it very difficult as obviously we have all developed muscle memory to be a certain way.